PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson to Packers Rumors

Reason2succeed
03-24-2017, 10:13 PM
Bad news for Dak. Adrian Peterson in the backfield with Aaron Rodgers is just a ridiculous thought. Cowboys better sell the farm to find some defense to slow that down because no one would stop it.

HSVDawg
03-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Bad news for Dak. Adrian Peterson in the backfield with Aaron Rodgers is just a ridiculous thought. Cowboys better sell the farm to find some defense to slow that down because no one would stop it.

Meh. Peterson is about 4 years past his prime (at least). I doubt he has another 1000 yard season in him. His ceiling is probably what Frank Gore has been the past couple of years, but the problem is he doesn't have Gore's body type so he can't get by just by being mostly a plodder up the middle. We'll see though.

BeardoMSU
03-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Meh. Peterson is about 4 years past his prime (at least). I doubt he has another 1000 yard season in him. His ceiling is probably what Frank Gore has been the past couple of years, but the problem is he doesn't have Gore's body type so he can't get by just by being mostly a plodder up the middle. We'll see though.

Agreed. It will certainly improve their backfield, but AD isn't the AD of lore; that doesn't mean he won't have a positive impact on their offense, though. They'll still go as Rodgers goes, regardless.

Dak will be fine. He's got a pretty good backfield himself. The 1 and 2 you may have heard of.***

HSVDawg
03-24-2017, 10:31 PM
Agreed. It will certainly improve their backfield, but AD isn't the AD of lore; that doesn't mean he won't have a positive impact on their offense, though. They'll still go as Rodgers goes, regardless.

Dak will be fine. He's got a pretty good backfield himself. The 1 and 2 you may have heard of.***

Yep....hard not to improve a backfield that had a WR playing running back for the entire 2nd half of last season. Also, there is a lot of work to be done for this signing to even take place. Apparently Peterson is asking for a one year deal for $8 million. Ain't nobody gonna pay that (except the Browns, maybe).

lamont
03-24-2017, 10:36 PM
AP makes the Pack offense better. He has another good year left in the tank- he is a freak. BUT- he will have to drop his asking price to make it happen.

Dallas has to get better on D no matter what happens. Their 1st 3 picks need to be on D plus sign a bonafide FA to help. Defense kept them out of the SB- and will again if it doesnt improve

msstate7
03-24-2017, 10:38 PM
AP makes the Pack offense better. He has another good year left in the tank- he is a freak. BUT- he will have to drop his asking price to make it happen.

Dallas has to get better on D no matter what happens. Their 1st 3 picks need to be on D plus sign a bonafide FA to help. Defense kept them out of the SB- and will again if it doesnt improve

Yep. Lost Claiborne already, who I think is a player they needed

I seen it dawg
03-24-2017, 11:10 PM
Good think Dak doesn't have to tackle him...

Dawgowar
03-24-2017, 11:48 PM
Yep. Lost Claiborne already, who I think is a player they needed

Claiborne was a bust. Hurt too often. No durability. If they never draft another LSU player in the first round again I will be ecstatic.

They need to draft DL/CB/Safety until they have no picks left.

Give Marinelli the tools he needs and they can get to the Super Bowl.

Reason2succeed
03-25-2017, 05:34 AM
I agree. The only offensive player the Cowboys need is maybe a TE to develop behind Witten because next year is likely his last. Other than that it ought to be all D in the draft. Sorry Fred Ross.

bulldawg28
03-25-2017, 07:33 AM
The Cowboys haven't improved in free agency and have lost a good bit. They're digging themselves a big hole to fill with the draft alone. I expect them to be in the middle of the pack this year.

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2017, 07:54 AM
The Cowboys haven't improved in free agency and have lost a good bit. They're digging themselves a big hole to fill with the draft alone. I expect them to be in the middle of the pack this year.

They will he one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the NFC

Dawgowar
03-25-2017, 08:29 AM
They have not lost anything of consequence. Carr is old, serviceable but not a world beater. They replaced him with a comparable talent in Carroll. Claiborne was never worth the pick. Every time I see Fletcher COx in a damn Eagle uniform and realize we could have taken him it pisses me off.

Some concern with the two safeties we lost but they were not world beaters and there will be plenty of veteran talent looking for a deal after the draft.

They rotate their linemen on defense. One of the ones we lost I wish we would have kept, the other is meh.

Fix what you can in the draft. Get the Romo cap relief in place and sign guys at a cut rate after the draft.

Next year they will have more money. Likely free of Whitten and Romo's cap hits. 3 of the all pro o-lineman will be under new deals and the other likely high performer will be a year away from a new deal.

None of the offense will be needing a new deal next year either. Allows for big front end signing bonuses and minimal cap hits.

Reason2succeed
03-25-2017, 08:56 AM
They have not lost anything of consequence. Carr is old, serviceable but not a world beater. They replaced him with a comparable talent in Carroll. Claiborne was never worth the pick. Every time I see Fletcher COx in a damn Eagle uniform and realize we could have taken him it pisses me off.

Some concern with the two safeties we lost but they were not world beaters and there will be plenty of veteran talent looking for a deal after the draft.

They rotate their linemen on defense. One of the ones we lost I wish we would have kept, the other is meh.

Fix what you can in the draft. Get the Romo cap relief in place and sign guys at a cut rate after the draft.

Next year they will have more money. Likely free of Whitten and Romo's cap hits. 3 of the all pro o-lineman will be under new deals and the other likely high performer will be a year away from a new deal.

None of the offense will be needing a new deal next year either. Allows for big front end signing bonuses and minimal cap hits.

They need to go ahead and start freeing up cap room for Dak's $150 million contract.***

Offshore Dawg
03-25-2017, 09:13 AM

Sorry I but I would like to ask "WHO ARE WE".

lamont
03-25-2017, 09:51 AM

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/dallas-cowboys-free-agency-offseason-moves-signings-departures-031217

Dallas will remain one of the best teams in the NFC