PDA

View Full Version : All 5 ESPN WBB experts pick UW over MSU

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 12:53 PM
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18985678/women-ncaa-tournament-which-teams-win-sweet-16

Ya think Coach S isn't using this in the locker room?

mstatefan91
03-24-2017, 12:55 PM
It's gonna be a tough one and would obviously be a signature win for our program.

BeardoMSU
03-24-2017, 12:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

Commercecomet24
03-24-2017, 01:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

I was thinking the exact same thing! Great movie reference!

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 01:48 PM
This one's not for the little pups. Graphic lyrics warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbHiwI_UFQ

WSOPdawg
03-24-2017, 01:49 PM
I just remember watching UW play this past Monday night against OU and was thinking how slow they look compared to our girls. Fast break should definitely be in our favor as well as our defensive shifts.

Their big girl underneath that leads the nation in rebounding will have her hands full not only with McCowan & Okorie, but with Richardson & Chapel as well due to their length. That rebound better come right to the Husky big girl cuz we got the length, arms and bodies to make this one of her worst games of their season.

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2017, 01:51 PM
We just need it to be called fairly by the refs. No ticky tack foul calls. Let em play.

preachermatt83
03-24-2017, 01:56 PM
It's gonna be a tight one. Their inside game worries me. We miss too many easy putbacks but usually come back down with them. We won't be able to do that tonight.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 02:01 PM
It's gonna be a tight one. Their inside game worries me. We miss too many easy putbacks but usually come back down with them. We won't be able to do that tonight.

They can put 4 girls on the floor who make more than a 3rd of their 3-pt attempts (with 93 or more attempts), two that hit over 40%, and you're worried more about their inside game?

MadDawg
03-24-2017, 02:02 PM

Sometimes we do. And then other times the bigs hit for about 75%. We need the latter tonight.

parabrave
03-24-2017, 02:09 PM
What lineup is starting tonight?

Cooterpoot
03-24-2017, 02:20 PM
If we play well, we win by double digits.

klong-dog
03-24-2017, 02:43 PM
We just need it to be called fairly by the refs. No ticky tack foul calls. Let em play.

This.

They have the house hold name that everyone knows and wants to see her perform at a high level. I feel DD and whoever else is on CP will get the steady shitty whistle.

I also hope we man up and not get caught watching CP do her thing, resulting in others wide open under the basket or behind the 3 pt line.

preachermatt83
03-24-2017, 02:53 PM
They can put 4 girls on the floor who make more than a 3rd of their 3-pt attempts (with 93 or more attempts), two that hit over 40%, and you're worried more about their inside game?

Yup... for 2 reasons...the 3s will either fall or they won't...and secondly their rebounding is as good as anyone in the country. I'm not so much worried about their inside scoring. I'm speaking strictly about rebounding.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Yup... for 2 reasons...the 3s will either fall or they won't...and secondly their rebounding is as good as anyone in the country. I'm not so much worried about their inside scoring. I'm speaking strictly about rebounding.

With them, their 3's usually do fall. Their rebounding has been good, but then, how many teams have they faced with big girls like ours? Their top rebounder is 6'2 and built like a cement mixer. She's been able to muscle her competition around...but will she be able to do that to McCowan or Okorie and her long arms?

In an earlier thread I also posted about my biggest concern being PLum getting the benefit-of-the-doubt from refs on charge-vs-block situations. I think the refs are going to be really reluctant to risk fouling her out in what could be her last game. We could get key players in foul trouble early, thus taking away our aggressiveness and our strong-suit.....defense.

WSOPdawg
03-24-2017, 03:18 PM
With them, their 3's usually do fall. Their rebounding has been good, but then, how many teams have they faced with big girls like ours? Their top rebounder is 6'2 and built like a cement mixer. She's been able to muscle her competition around...but will she be able to do that to McCowan or Okorie and her long arms?

In an earlier thread I also posted about my biggest concern being PLum getting the benefit-of-the-doubt from refs on charge-vs-block situations. I think the refs are going to be really reluctant to risk fouling her out in what could be her last game. We could get key players in foul trouble early, thus taking away our aggressiveness and our strong-suit.....defense.

With Vic driving home the past 2 games how our O starts inside to be kicked out, I look for our post to give the cement mixer her most difficult game yet. If we can work it inside and pick up a couple of fouls on her and force her to the bench, they become really 1-dimensional. I also look for our forwards to get a lot of putbacks as the cement mixer will be on McCowan/Okorie.

But we gotta D-up on the perimeter and if we can hold Plum to 25 or less, I think we win.

CadaverDawg
03-24-2017, 03:50 PM
I picked us to lose to UW before it started and I'll stick with that. Like Epps, Plum beats us

I_Spy
03-24-2017, 04:19 PM
I think Washington looks slow as a team at times ...which helps us. I think if we play well we win.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 04:21 PM
I'll throw another thing out there. If VV finds her stroke again tonight, the talk could be about VV overshadowing Plum.

preachermatt83
03-24-2017, 04:25 PM
I'll throw another thing out there. If VV finds her stroke again tonight, the talk could be about VV overshadowing Plum.

OH man, if Tori can find Her stroke and get hot we will blow them out.

TheDawgiLama
03-24-2017, 04:38 PM
I find it interesting that there has been little said about the lack of a Washington bench. They only play 7 for any kind
of substantial minutes. We will be fresher and better able to withstand foul problems.

preachermatt83
03-24-2017, 04:43 PM
I find it interesting that there has been little said about the lack of a Washington bench. They only play 7 for any kind
of substantial minutes. We will be fresher and better able to withstand foul problems.

Very true.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 04:56 PM

Not necessarily if the refs allow Plum to run roughshod and call us for ticky-tack BS or call blocks instead of charges because she's such a big story with the spotlight on her. If that happens, we could be in trouble.

CadaverDawg
03-24-2017, 05:05 PM
Gotta hope their wide girl down low doesn't draw early fouls on Big T like she did Oklahoma's big. She had 2 quick fouls and OU had to abandon their gameplan.

Also, Plum is great at driving and kicking, so we can't just collapse every time she drives...gotta be able to D her up without a ton of help.

Plum reminds me of a girl Carmelo Anthony...she's the type that can lead her team to a Title almost single handedly through scoring and assisting when defensive help arrives.

I_Spy
03-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Surely, we won't let Washington pull us out wide so plum can go one on one with the defender to the rim ..I mean I rather Plum make the pass so our girls McCowan and Okorie should stay in the center of the lane and McCowan will probably foul Plum so make the first one count I say. Plum is just an automatic pick up dribble shoot the 3 type guard..is hard to stop but give her no room. The rest of Washington can't even cover plums point spread or Washington wins against decent teams by less than 38 or however many points she scores..so the rest of the team is no real matter although need be defended maybe Chantelle or someone.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 05:39 PM
FWIW, Oklahoma was 10th out of 12 B12 teams in scoring defense...dead last in 3-pt % defense. Washington wins shoot-outs, but has had some trouble vs teams in their conference with good defense.

RocketDawg
03-24-2017, 08:09 PM
I guess all those "experts" were wrong ....

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2017, 08:12 PM

http://i.imgur.com/K2qtgQq.jpg

Dolphus Raymond
03-24-2017, 08:28 PM
F--K them and their predictions. This has been a very good day for me.

Liverpooldawg
03-24-2017, 08:35 PM
Plum got her points, but the rest of that team wasn't that good. The fat girl has no talent and if the game had been called straight up she fouls out in the first quarter. It should have been a 20-30 point win, and WAS but for the refs.

blacklistedbully
03-24-2017, 08:36 PM

:D

Goldendawg
03-24-2017, 08:49 PM
Is the "stocky" W girl a Senior? Could she transfer to MSU for help on our FB OL?***

Liverpooldawg
03-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Is the "stocky" W girl a Senior? Could she transfer to MSU for help on our FB OL?***

That would possibly solve our left tackle problems. Her skill set is more suited for football than basketball.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-24-2017, 08:53 PM

I heard OM is after her hard for OL. They are scarce on recruiting these days.**

tireddawg
03-24-2017, 09:06 PM
I picked us to lose to UW before it started and I'll stick with that. Like Epps, Plum beats us

Feels good to be wrong, huh? I didn't feel like they had the athletes to beat us.