PDA

View Full Version : WBC- Team USA..

It_Could_Happen
03-21-2017, 10:57 PM
In a dogfight. Just took a 2-1 in the Top of the 8th... Kinsler doubled to put Runners on 2nd and 3rd and then AJ scored Brandon Crawford on a ground out. Game is on MLB network now. Winner advances to the final.

Dawg61
03-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Enjoying this game!

shoeless joe
03-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Actually enjoying WBC this year. But to be honest the celebrations are a joke and over the top. Profar gettin thrown out while showboating last nite was priceless.

Todd4State
03-21-2017, 11:56 PM
Actually enjoying WBC this year. But to be honest the celebrations are a joke and over the top. Profar gettin thrown out while showboating last nite was priceless.

That's how it is in the Carribean winter leagues and Cuban Leagues.

CadaverDawg
03-22-2017, 12:02 AM
When's the finals? What channel? Need to watch it

Todd4State
03-22-2017, 12:34 AM
The Finals are today 8 PM central time on MLB Network.

Dawg61
03-22-2017, 07:38 AM

Yup we face Puerto Rico in Dodger stadium! Must see TV tonight

KOdawg1
03-22-2017, 10:31 AM
I've really enjoyed this WBC. Hopefully, with the success the US has had, stars like Trout, Harper, and Kershaw will take part in the future.

Todd4State
03-22-2017, 11:36 AM
I've really enjoyed this WBC. Hopefully, with the success the US has had, stars like Trout, Harper, and Kershaw will take part in the future.

That's what I hope happens as well. I know the focus initially was to get the world into baseball but I think for that to happen and for this tournament to be a huge success it needs to be successful in America.

shoeless joe
03-22-2017, 01:36 PM
That's how it is in the Carribean winter leagues and Cuban Leagues.

Ok?

I admit I'm old school and don't like the celebrations as much in baseball. Some things I do like but making a spectacle out of a hit, double, caught stealing, is a little much for professional players even in a worldwide tourney IMO.

We already see it in college where some stupid choreographed celebration happens after a double...a double. And its permeating into high school at a rapid level. The thing about the "look at me" celebration is that it's typically front runner type guys that are into it. And those type guys aren't the ones that get you thru the tough gritty times. They're the type that slam a helmet after a poor AB and put their own success above the teams. I've seen it all too often. And that's not a bit of a generalization.

And before anyone says anything about FUN I'll say that I like some energy and excitement. But creating a spectacle of yourself during the good times and hiding and pouting during the bad isn't appealing in any sport.

Todd4State
03-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Ok?

I admit I'm old school and don't like the celebrations as much in baseball. Some things I do like but making a spectacle out of a hit, double, caught stealing, is a little much for professional players even in a worldwide tourney IMO.

We already see it in college where some stupid choreographed celebration happens after a double...a double. And its permeating into high school at a rapid level. The thing about the "look at me" celebration is that it's typically front runner type guys that are into it. And those type guys aren't the ones that get you thru the tough gritty times. They're the type that slam a helmet after a poor AB and put their own success above the teams. I've seen it all too often. And that's not a bit of a generalization.

And before anyone says anything about FUN I'll say that I like some energy and excitement. But creating a spectacle of yourself during the good times and hiding and pouting during the bad isn't appealing in any sport.

It is what it is. The other side is critics sometimes say that baseball is "boring" because the culture doesn't allow for flashiness and individuality.

My personal take on it is- if you want to bat flip, dance around, talk smack whatever- that's fine. Just don't act like a bitch if I knock you down the next at bat or if I pump my fist after striking you out. And vice versa if I was a hitter. I think it typically does go both ways nowadays for the most part.

CadaverDawg
03-22-2017, 09:09 PM
US of A up 2-0

Kinsler bomb

CadaverDawg
03-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Areynado? Who is that? Dude is struggling

0-10 with 7 k's in last 10 ab's

Dawgpile
03-22-2017, 09:32 PM

Thank you for this...I've been watching the Spanish feed on ESPN2.

Todd4State
03-23-2017, 12:48 AM
Areynado? Who is that? Dude is struggling

0-10 with 7 k's in last 10 ab's

Dude is also arguably the best third baseman in the game right now. I think he has the most RBI's in baseball the past two seasons and won four gold gloves and the Silver Slugger for third baseman last year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/arenano01.shtml

Todd4State
03-23-2017, 12:49 AM
Thank you for this...I've been watching the Spanish feed on ESPN2.

ESPN being politically correct? They were probably openly pulling against Team USA but I only watch MLB Network for baseball TV now. Much, much better product for baseball and I used to be a hardcore Baseball Tonight fan on ESPN back in the 90's.