PDA

View Full Version : Spring Practice

Ari Gold
03-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Defense :
Lots of energy in defense .
Grantham and English can coach
Front 7 is very good
Enjoy #94 (Sweat) he may be one and done . He , Green, and Spencer will be hell coming off the edges .
Simmons is a Sunday guy
Erol is going to be a good one .
Jung is going to make plays .
And Dez practiced brace free . Kid has a huge ****ing Ticker.
We have some NFL guys on that side of the ball.
The backend is going to be night and day better .
Dantzler looks just look Banks with the same number . He will play a lot
Smitherman back at CB
Peters Smokey Durr Cleveland and Landrews both CB and S . Lots of bodies and some talent.
Adams Bryant McClaurin 3 very good S . And yes JT is back there now .
Maybe CDM will let this staff do what it's paid to do coach the def and he can stay the **** out of the way .
Grantham and English both have to be drinking honey And Jack right now for their voices. they stayed in ass from start to finish.
And some intel into Shaq . The main obstacle right now is going to be The POS Bobby P . But look for Shaq to be here this summer.. there is more than a couple of avenues he can take in order to get here ..
Again .. the Def staff is by far the best we have had during the Mullen era top to bottom.. so hats off to CDM addressing this issue .

Offense little later.

ShotgunDawg
03-21-2017, 08:11 PM
I don't understand what Bobby P could do to Shaq since he's a grad transfer. By rule he can go where he wants.

Goldendawg
03-21-2017, 08:17 PM
What did you mean Grantham and "Sirmon" need Jack and honey for their voices? Did you mean Grantham and English? Thanks for the update. Looking forward for a report on the O.

Ari Gold
03-21-2017, 08:19 PM
What did you mean Grantham and "Sirmon" need Jack and honey for their voices? Did you mean Grantham and English? Thanks for the update. Looking forward for a report on the O.

Yes English

Ari Gold
03-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Offense
Hard to tell a lot with the OL with all the injuries
Reese ran with the ones a lot at RT would love for that kid to win that job so Jenkins could play G
Our first 5 OL will be ok and could be good. .. the next 5 is the concern.
Fitz looked really good passing
We ran some 5 on 7 . 5 Wr against 7 defenders . He made some nice touch passes . Threw the deep ball well. He has improved greatly with his passing. CDM is a QB guru I will say that .
KT doesn't look like a kid that was in high school 3 months ago . Kid is going to be special
The QB position is in very good hands
Was told Donald Gray is working his ass off , kid wants to get to the league. We have some big targets In couch , Todd , Mitchell and some nice lookin TE's
Donate Jones has to be around 255 now .
We are going to need one WR and step up (Todd, Couch , someone ) and be that outside guy to take pressure off Gray . Losing Dear hurts but Mixon is good , prob even better ..

Overall
We need To stay injury free the rest of spring ball and the fall
Get these high school kids here that will see PT ( Gay and Hill) and get them ready.
This team passes the eye test when u see us line up ..
Some big fast mother ****ers .

lamont
03-21-2017, 09:40 PM
Look forward to seeing them myself next week.

OL is a huge question
Who is going to be the 2nd WR is a HUGE question
We certainly will work the middle of the field alot this season because of our TE's and RB's catching passes

Lack of big play ability in the passing game is there in 2017- but the "Grinder mentality" is certainly there for this group

Pollodawg
03-21-2017, 09:50 PM
All boils down to the big uglies on O. If they can play with cohesion and we can stave off the injury bug, we can win some games. We always have when that unit played well. '10 and '14 both come to mind.

CadaverDawg
03-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Good stuff Ari. Thanks for the update

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2017, 10:11 PM
I don't understand what Bobby P could do to Shaq since he's a grad transfer. By rule he can go where he wants.

Grad transfers still have to be released by the school.

gtowndawg
03-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Agreed. Thanks for the update.

msstate7
03-21-2017, 10:35 PM

Just a release in general or a release to certain schools?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Just a release in general or a release to certain schools?

No different than any other transfer. The school has to release you & set the rules as far as where you can transfer.

msstate7
03-21-2017, 10:39 PM
No different than any other transfer. The school has to release you & set the rules as far as where you can transfer.

Sucks. Petrino would really look bad if he said no miss state though. We don't play them and not like we'll be playing in the playoffs

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2017, 10:51 PM
Sucks. Petrino would really look bad if he said no miss state though. We don't play them and not like we'll be playing in the playoffs

Yea he'd get bad press & eventually would probably let up. Saban did the same with Maurice Smith & UGA last year. The backlash was so strong he caved in.

GTHOM
03-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Offense
Hard to tell a lot with the OL with all the injuries
Reese ran with the ones a lot at RT would love for that kid to win that job so Jenkins could play G
Our first 5 OL will be ok and could be good. .. the next 5 is the concern.
Fitz looked really good passing
We ran some 5 on 7 . 5 Wr against 7 defenders . He made some nice touch passes . Threw the deep ball well. He has improved greatly with his passing. CDM is a QB guru I will say that .
KT doesn't look like a kid that was in high school 3 months ago . Kid is going to be special
The QB position is in very good hands
Was told Donald Gray is working his ass off , kid wants to get to the league. We have some big targets In couch , Todd , Mitchell and some nice lookin TE's
Donate Jones has to be around 255 now .
We are going to need one WR and step up (Todd, Couch , someone ) and be that outside guy to take pressure off Gray . Losing Dear hurts but Mixon is good , prob even better ..
We need To stay injury free the rest of spring ball and the fall
Get these high school kids here that will see PT ( Gay and Hill) and get them ready.
This team passes the eye test when u see us line up ..
Some big fast mother ****ers .

Would be shocked if Gay plays offense. Not because he cant do it, just dont think we will use him there. I think hes an ILB

I seen it dawg
03-22-2017, 06:10 AM
I think the last 4 lines were in general statements. Not offense notes

dawgday166
03-22-2017, 06:14 AM

I'm hoping he was including wide receivers in the "big, fast mother ****ers" statement. Hoping they can catch and catch in traffic too.

bulldawg28
03-22-2017, 06:28 AM
Look forward to seeing them myself next week.

OL is a huge question
Who is going to be the 2nd WR is a HUGE question
We certainly will work the middle of the field alot this season because of our TE's and RB's catching passes

Lack of big play ability in the passing game is there in 2017- but the "Grinder mentality" is certainly there for this group

Lack of big play in passing game 2017 is there? We've never had a true deep threat under Mullen at WR until now with Mixon. He's a legit 4.3 that shows it when he catches the ball.

msstate7
03-22-2017, 06:34 AM
Is Calhoun practicing?

Ari Gold
03-22-2017, 07:35 AM

Correct

Ari Gold
03-22-2017, 07:37 AM
I'm hoping he was including wide receivers in the "big, fast mother ****ers" statement. Hoping they can catch and catch in traffic too.

All the WR are faster than bear . The other we won't know till the lights are on..

Ari Gold
03-22-2017, 07:46 AM
Is Calhoun practicing?

No. He and Jenkins both out .
Good thing with that is lots of guys getting reps ..

Ari Gold
03-22-2017, 08:09 AM

Corrrect. And I guess That ****stick has a bad taste in his mouth from TG leaving .
But was told there are few avenues Shaq can take , if he wants to be here in the end I see him here . No matter what the **** Bobby P tries to do

WSOPdawg
03-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Good stuff, Ari. Appreciate the update.

BB30
03-22-2017, 08:48 AM
If our OL can be serviceable we have a chance to win 8-9 games IMO. If our OL isn't very good it is going to be another 6 maybe 7 win season. Not quite as worried about our WRs as I think someone will step up. I think our defense will be improved but I still worry about our secondary.

Spring ball is like fall baseball it is hard to really get a good feel for what we will look like come fall. Thanks for the report, if Fitz continues to improve as a passer and the OL holds up the next two years could be enjoyable.

Tbonewannabe
03-22-2017, 08:54 AM
If our OL can be serviceable we have a chance to win 8-9 games IMO. If our OL isn't very good it is going to be another 6 maybe 7 win season. Not quite as worried about our WRs as I think someone will step up. I think our defense will be improved but I still worry about our secondary.

Spring ball is like fall baseball it is hard to really get a good feel for what we will look like come fall. Thanks for the report, if Fitz continues to improve as a passer and the OL holds up the next two years could be enjoyable.

The OL is also blocking for the best playmaker at QB in the SEC and a RB that weighs more than 150lb and doesn't have concrete shoes. The OL will look better just from those 2 things. Mullen didn't do them any favors with the play calling and what players were on the field in certain plays. I just thank God that Mullen can't call any more up the gut plays for Holloway. Holloway has to be the toughest SOB on the team to have survived it.

Offshore Dawg
03-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Defense :
Lots of energy in defense .
Grantham and English can coach
Front 7 is very good
Enjoy #94 (Sweat) he may be one and done . He , Green, and Spencer will be hell coming off the edges .
Simmons is a Sunday guy
Erol is going to be a good one .
Jung is going to make plays .
And Dez practiced brace free . Kid has a huge ****ing Ticker.
We have some NFL guys on that side of the ball.
The backend is going to be night and day better .
Dantzler looks just look Banks with the same number . He will play a lot
Smitherman back at CB
Peters Smokey Durr Cleveland and Landrews both CB and S . Lots of bodies and some talent.
Adams Bryant McClaurin 3 very good S . And yes JT is back there now .
Maybe CDM will let this staff do what it's paid to do coach the def and he can stay the **** out of the way .
Grantham and English both have to be drinking honey And Jack right now for their voices. they stayed in ass from start to finish.
And some intel into Shaq . The main obstacle right now is going to be The POS Bobby P . But look for Shaq to be here this summer.. there is more than a couple of avenues he can take in order to get here ..
Again .. the Def staff is by far the best we have had during the Mullen era top to bottom.. so hats off to CDM addressing this issue .

Offense little later.

Solid report and observations from somebody with their toes in the Pacific Ocean

Jarius
03-22-2017, 10:07 AM

The OL wasn't the reason that we won 6 games last year. The defense being ranked 119th in the country was. We will score enough points to beat everyone outside of LSU and Alabama. The question is will we be able to stop anyone? Early returns look promising.

dawgday166
03-22-2017, 10:27 AM
The OL wasn't the reason that we won 6 games last year. The defense being ranked 119th in the country was. We will score enough points to beat everyone outside of LSU and Alabama. The question is will we be able to stop anyone? Early returns look promising.

I hope you're right but Dan's usually good for about 4 games of 20 or less (and usually 17 or less) points each year. The D better play pretty good in this day and age to win those low scoring games. So we will see.

Ari Gold
03-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Solid report and observations from somebody with their toes in the Pacific Ocean

That's what private jets are for..

Cary Hudson's little bro
03-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Good (free) Stewart Reese article (http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Article/Bulldog-rookie-Stewart-Reese-battling-for-starting-OL-spot-51926744) from Paul Jones

Reese has lost 50 lbs and may be our starting RT this season. His little bro is a national recruit too! (http://247sports.com/Player/David-Reese-90439)

HoopsDawg
03-23-2017, 11:25 AM
Good (free) Stewart Reese article (http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Article/Bulldog-rookie-Stewart-Reese-battling-for-starting-OL-spot-51926744) from Paul Jones

Reese has lost 50 lbs and may be our starting RT this season. His little bro is a national recruit too! (http://247sports.com/Player/David-Reese-90439)

Really hard for me to see Reese on the outside. But anything that would keep Jenkins at LG works for me.

LC Dawg
03-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Corrrect. And I guess That ****stick has a bad taste in his mouth from TG leaving .
But was told there are few avenues Shaq can take , if he wants to be here in the end I see him here . No matter what the **** Bobby P tries to do

You just think Petrino's pissed now. Wait until he sees Sirmon's defense in a game.

Cary Hudson's little bro
03-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Likely IMO

LT: Rankin
LG: Jenkins
C: Calhoun
RG: D. Williams
RT: Reese

Eiland 1st up at tackle reserve
Champion and Story can play both G/T
Moon may get some snaps at C/RG/RT

msstate7
03-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Likely IMO

Is Suggs a RS for certain? Any word on cooper's academic progress?

HoopsDawg
03-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Likely IMO

Champion and Story can't play both. They are inside guys. I doubt Williams starts at RG. If Moon had a chance to get snaps at Center, then I would think they would work him a ton there in the spring instead of Rankin.

Sometimes Hev likes to work his RT at LT in the spring. He did this last year with Senior and he's done it with other players. I would not be surprised if Reese starts at RG and Eiland at RT. At least I hope Eiland is good enough to start at RT. He's not there yet, but maybe he will be in the fall.