PDA

View Full Version : UMiss getting POUNDED on tRant

TXDawg
03-21-2017, 07:31 PM
Someone started a thread asking which SEC program is historically the worst in the big three sports combined. About 75% of the answers are UMiss. Of course, there are few diehard Rebs that showed up and tried to claim their mythical football championships from before segregation, but they were shot down pretty quickly:

http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/who-has-the-worst-football-basketball-and-baseball-programs-as-a-group/69227905/page-3/

NOTE - Only one or two votes for MSU so far.

Acid mouth
03-21-2017, 08:39 PM
Someone started a thread asking which SEC program is historically the worst in the big three sports combined. About 75% of the answers are UMiss. Of course, there are few diehard Rebs that showed up and tried to claim their mythical football championships from before segregation, but they were shot down pretty quickly:

http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/who-has-the-worst-football-basketball-and-baseball-programs-as-a-group/69227905/page-3/

NOTE - Only one or two votes for MSU so far.

I saw it earlier today. I'd have to vote Vandy but TSUN would be a close 2nd. Hanging a banner for a west championship banner and not going to Atlanta really looks bad. The people that voted State were just trolling. We aren't even in the debate

Pollodawg
03-21-2017, 09:06 PM
I saw it earlier today. I'd have to vote Vandy but TSUN would be a close 2nd. Hanging a banner for a west championship banner and not going to Atlanta really looks bad. The people that voted State were just trolling. We aren't even in the debate

Actually, didn't Vandy win a natty in baseball a while back? Far and away, OM is the least accomplished school in the big three.

BossDawg
03-22-2017, 01:23 AM
I'd have to agree.

In football, UM is the only school without an out-right division championship (even more pathetic when you consider the lengths they went to, to get big-time recruits). In basketball, they are the only school in the entire SEC without a regular season SEC Championship. In baseball, they have only one trip to Omaha since, what, '72?

Pathetic. Not sure how they developed such an egotistical attitude about their athletic department.

dawgday166
03-22-2017, 06:03 AM
Actually, didn't Vandy win a natty in baseball a while back? Far and away, OM is the least accomplished school in the big three.

Vandy has won 2. I believe there are 4 SEC teams that haven't won a Natty in a big 3 sport ... OM, TAM, Mizzou, and Us. OM probably does have the worst pedigree of the 4 ... the other 3 are about the same.

I don't believe we are in a really strong position enough to be debating any school getting kicked out of the SEC. Our sports pedigree isn't that stellar.

Johnson85
03-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Vandy has won 2. I believe there are 4 SEC teams that haven't won a Natty in a big 3 sport ... OM, TAM, Mizzou, and Us. OM probably does have the worst pedigree of the 4 ... the other 3 are about the same.

I don't believe we are in a really strong position enough to be debating any school getting kicked out of the SEC. Our sports pedigree isn't that stellar.

Ours isn't stellar, but we have at least had a pulse in basketball and baseball. We both had some preintegration success in football, theirs a little more recent, and then have been pretty awful with a few stretches of relevance, with us at least getting a SEC West championship out of the deal. Their baseball program would help them except that their post season success hasn't matched their regular season results. The basketball is pretty bad. If you're looking at the big three and weighting them equally, I don't think there's any doubt they are at the bottom of the conference. In fairness, football probably should be weighted more, which might help them in a comparison against Vandy, but not anybody else.

ShotgunDawg
03-22-2017, 08:31 AM
I always find it interesting how tightly the Rebs cling to those supposed National Championships that were awarded when most of them weren't alive.

Would be an interesting physiological study to see why humans cling to things that have nothing to do with them.

dawgday166
03-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Ours isn't stellar, but we have at least had a pulse in basketball and baseball. We both had some preintegration success in football, theirs a little more recent, and then have been pretty awful with a few stretches of relevance, with us at least getting a SEC West championship out of the deal. Their baseball program would help them except that their post season success hasn't matched their regular season results. The basketball is pretty bad. If you're looking at the big three and weighting them equally, I don't think there's any doubt they are at the bottom of the conference. In fairness, football probably should be weighted more, which might help them in a comparison against Vandy, but not anybody else.

At times this has been true.

I'm just not sure why there is even a discussion on kicking out any teams from SEC. I believe all that are in now belong as much as we do. JMHO.

codeDawg
03-22-2017, 10:44 AM
I always find it interesting how tightly the Rebs cling to those supposed National Championships that were awarded when most of them weren't alive.

Would be an interesting physiological study to see why humans cling to things that have nothing to do with them.

It is what they think makes them 4'3" to our 4'2"