PDA

View Full Version : Feds Close Amberjack until 2018

BeastMan
03-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Unbelievable that another offshore specie is off the table along with trigger fish & red snapper. Don't worry, commercial guys will still be harvesting Amberjack. Because rec guys are the problem. What a joke

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=10685

SpeckleDawg
03-21-2017, 05:56 PM
It was bad enough with snapper, but it's just getting ridiculous now. I'm glad that I don't have a bunch of money invested in offshore fishing gear/boat, but I feel for the folks that do. It still pisses me off, even though I rarely fish for those species.

BeastMan
03-22-2017, 12:12 PM
It was bad enough with snapper, but it's just getting ridiculous now. I'm glad that I don't have a bunch of money invested in offshore fishing gear/boat, but I feel for the folks that do. It still pisses me off, even though I rarely fish for those species.

Its made getting an offshore charter almost pointless unless it's a tuna trip. That said, we're doing another snapper trip July 4th in Biloxi but it's state water and the other specie you target are mackerel and redfish so it's not even nessesarily a true offshore trip imo. The days off going offshore and getting amberjack and Grouper at the deep rigs and stopping for some snapper on the way in is over and that's sad.

Even though I'm an onshore guy, offshore charters are the best for large groups where the skill level varies. A guy that doesn't fish can have a blast on those trips.

Further, don't think those rich guys who used to buy big offshore boats arent buying tricked out 24 foot bay boats increasing the pressure on everything inshore.

Spiderman
03-30-2017, 07:40 AM
Unbelievable that another offshore specie is off the table along with trigger fish & red snapper. Don't worry, commercial guys will still be harvesting Amberjack. Because rec guys are the problem. What a joke

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=10685

Wow, what horse shit