PDA

View Full Version : Just have a question.......

diamonddawg17
03-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Besides Pilk, our most effective pitchers have been McQuary, Self, Price, and Barton. Why do our coaches insist on having them at the "back end"? Using Self and Price as closers at this point is wasting them. You only need a closer when you are winning. Why not let the more effective pitchers start and maybe not give up as many runs. Then maybe just maybe our offense could stop having to press so hard trying to come from behind every single game. Having a "closer" is moot when you get swept.

Todd4State
03-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Yeah that's a good point. We might need to start thinking about piggy backing guys. Like have Pilkington and then finish up with Ashcraft because I figure Pilkington can usually go deep. Then go Barton for 4-5 and then Price finish it out on Saturday and then finish up with Plumlee and for 4-5 and McQuary finish it out on Sunday. Mix in Barlow and Self. I wouldn't go real deep with Self because of his recent injury. And maybe we get Rigby back soon.

diamonddawg17
03-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Yeah that's a good point. We might need to start thinking about piggy backing guys. Like have Pilkington and then finish up with Ashcraft because I figure Pilkington can usually go deep. Then go Barton for 4-5 and then Price finish it out on Saturday and then finish up with Plumlee and for 4-5 and McQuary finish it out on Sunday. Mix in Barlow and Self. I wouldn't go real deep with Self because of his recent injury. And maybe we get Rigby back soon.

If Self's problem was really inflammation and not an actual injury then he should be good to go really soon. His best outing was against Texas Tech when he threw 5 innings and looked to get stronger as he went. I look for big things from him if given the opportunity.

Todd4State
03-20-2017, 10:01 PM
He pitched an inning this weekend and did OK. He gave up a run but I think it was a situation where we threw to the wrong base or made some kind of silly mistake like that- I can't remember. I just think with the rash of arm injuries we need to really err on the side of caution.