PDA

View Full Version : Something that hasn't got enough attention on here...

DeviousDawg
03-20-2017, 08:41 PM
There were rumors on other boards, and it has been talked about some on here. Tae-kion Reed stole from an Ole Miss booster, and it wasn't just a random coincidence.

Was he living with this guy? Not exactly, but there was an open door policy. He was a "mentor" like person to Tae-kion, and if he had known it was him that had taken the guns, we would have never heard about it. He told on himself in an indirect way, and somehow his name has stayed out of it. He has done a lot for Reed, and pushed him to OM. I don't think there is any doubt that this is the guy that orchestrated the hat flip.

There will be another set up allegations handed down to OM in the next 2 years. It has gone beyond the Network, they can't keep it under control, there are too many wannabe Ole Miss heros. Violations are still taking place, 7 years after the first allegation in NOA #1 took place. There may be only one way that all of this comes to an end, the Death Penalty. Their leadership has lost control, and it is past the point of fixable.

starkvegasdawg
03-20-2017, 08:44 PM
To show you how Reed ain't the sharpest tool in the shed he left about 4K in cash that was on top of the dresser. Just took the guns. Best thing that ever happened to us was him tossing our hat.

DeviousDawg
03-20-2017, 08:51 PM
The only question is does this count as a pre-existing relationship? I'm told the answer is no, and if that is the case, we are talking about some major violations involving Reed and said New Hope resident.

RocketDawg
03-20-2017, 08:59 PM
The only question is does this count as a pre-existing relationship? I'm told the answer is no, and if that is the case, we are talking about some major violations involving Reed and said New Hope resident.

That's what I was wondering when I read your original post. If the mentoring relationship was going on for a while (the 9th grade?) I suppose they would be in the clear. And it could have been since it doesn't sound like the kid had the most stable home environment in which to grow up. It's always possible that the OM guy was genuinely trying to help out and that it's not a Touhy situation. Might find out eventually.

preachermatt83
03-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Who is the new hope booster ?

WSOPdawg
03-20-2017, 09:09 PM

TCUN releasing him from his LOI allows them the argument that they distanced themselves from this trouble, buy I wonder if they self-reported to the NCAA? I can see it now:

'NCAA, its us cheaters from Oxford coming at you with more exemplary cooperation because we really, really, pretty please really want to remain a valued member of the Southeastern Conference and college athletics. Ya see, in an effort to keep fooling the national media, we signed a dumbass that we knew would qualify but his 5-star rating would inflate our recruiting totals and allow our national reputation for outstanding recruiting under Head Saint Coach Hugh Freeze to remain stellar. But it turns out the guy really was a dumbass as he stole a bunch of guns from our booster (who's not really a booster but does come to all of our games and give to the Vaught Society) who was giving our new player a free place to stay, and probably a free car, and... probably free food, and maybe the occasional girl... but Tae-kion had to toss the cap of our arch rival across the room on signing day... But anyway, we're self-reporting because we respect you guys so much and don't want you to have to hang out in North Mississippi any longer than you feel is necessary. Oh yeah, we are penalizing ourselves for this minor violation by making our baseball team have to wear those ugly-ass powder blue uni's on Friday and Saturday in addition to Sunday. Thanks for your understanding.'

Todd4State
03-20-2017, 09:09 PM
That's what I was wondering when I read your original post. If the mentoring relationship was going on for a while (the 9th grade?) I suppose they would be in the clear. And it could have been since it doesn't sound like the kid had the most stable home environment in which to grow up. It's always possible that the OM guy was genuinely trying to help out and that it's not a Touhy situation. Might find out eventually.

They sure do coincidentally help out a lot of guys that are 6'5" 300 offensive line recruits.

DeviousDawg
03-20-2017, 09:18 PM

Could be, but everything I have heard on the situation suggests otherwise, and that's all I will say about that.

A pre-existing relationship is defined as a relationship that initiated prior to the family friend/neighbor becoming a prospect, and based on factors unrelated to athletics. An established family friend/neighbor can include those prospects that reside in the same neighborhood, go to the same church, or by other means in which a relationship is built that is unrelated to athletics.

So basically, OM would have to confirm that the relationship was built on factors completely unrelated to athletics, which would seem very unlikely. It's not the duration of the relationship, but the nature of the relationship. Also, OM releasing Reed from his NLI in no way frees them from allegations that occurred in this situation.

RocketDawg
03-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Could be, but everything I have heard on the situation suggests otherwise, and that's all I will say about that.

A pre-existing relationship is defined as a relationship that initiated prior to the family friend/neighbor becoming a prospect, and based on factors unrelated to athletics. An established family friend/neighbor can include those prospects that reside in the same neighborhood, go to the same church, or by other means in which a relationship is built that is unrelated to athletics.

So basically, OM would have to confirm that the relationship was built on factors completely unrelated to athletics, which would seem very unlikely. It's not the duration of the relationship, but the nature of the relationship. Also, OM releasing Reed from his NLI in no way frees them from allegations that occurred in this situation.

Seems like I'd read somewhere where the relationship had to be ongoing since the 9th grade, but your definition of the criteria makes a lot more sense. And I know nothing of the situation other than what I've read here ... it's not made the news around here and not likely to.

RocketDawg
03-20-2017, 09:32 PM
They sure do coincidentally help out a lot of guys that are 6'5" 300 offensive line recruits.

Are you saying they don't help out the skinny kids with Coke-bottle glasses? I'm shocked. :)

Spiderman
03-20-2017, 09:36 PM
To show you how Reed ain't the sharpest tool in the shed he left about 4K in cash that was on top of the dresser. Just took the guns. Best thing that ever happened to us was him tossing our hat.

Name names. Surely somebody has seen an article or a police report naming the "Victim".

it's public record

DancingRabbit
03-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Loosely translated from somewhere in Leviticus

https://behapy.s3.amazonaws.com/77/59/567759/5_mug3.jpg

Todd4State
03-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Are you saying they don't help out the skinny kids with Coke-bottle glasses? I'm shocked. :)

Well...maybe they would if the kid lived in Wayne County and could take the ACT for Tony Conner.

starkvegasdawg
03-20-2017, 09:51 PM
Name names. Surely somebody has seen an article or a police report naming the "Victim".

it's public record

I'm horrible with names and can't remember. I'll try and find out. For some reason I have Scott stuck in my head as the booster's first name, but don't hold me to that.

HSVDawg
03-20-2017, 09:51 PM

$4000 in cash on the dresser? What type of drugs does this booster sell? Who in the hell has that kind of cash just laying around their house?

What's funny is the lengths they went in terms of cheating to get a kid that was an obvious sign and place and really wasn't that good to begin with.

Todd4State
03-20-2017, 09:59 PM
$4000 in cash on the dresser? What type of drugs does this booster sell? Who in the hell has that kind of cash just laying around their house?

What's funny is the lengths they went in terms of cheating to get a kid that was an obvious sign and place and really wasn't that good to begin with.

That will show that Yankee and his band of leghumpers!

Leroy Jenkins
03-21-2017, 05:20 AM

I believe the statute for "preexisting relationship" for football prospects is 8th grade.

msbulldog
03-21-2017, 05:33 AM
TCUN releasing him from his LOI allows them the argument that they distanced themselves from this trouble, buy I wonder if they self-reported to the NCAA? I can see it now:

'NCAA, its us cheaters from Oxford coming at you with more exemplary cooperation because we really, really, pretty please really want to remain a valued member of the Southeastern Conference and college athletics. Ya see, in an effort to keep fooling the national media, we signed a dumbass that we knew would qualify but his 5-star rating would inflate our recruiting totals and allow our national reputation for outstanding recruiting under Head Saint Coach Hugh Freeze to remain stellar. But it turns out the guy really was a dumbass as he stole a bunch of guns from our booster (who's not really a booster but does come to all of our games and give to the Vaught Society) who was giving our new player a free place to stay, and probably a free car, and... probably free food, and maybe the occasional girl... but Tae-kion had to toss the cap of our arch rival across the room on signing day... But anyway, we're self-reporting because we respect you guys so much and don't want you to have to hang out in North Mississippi any longer than you feel is necessary. Oh yeah, we are penalizing ourselves for this minor violation by making our baseball team have to wear those ugly-ass powder blue uni's on Friday and Saturday in addition to Sunday. Thanks for your understanding.'

That's funny.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WSOPdawg again.

Mimi's Babies
03-21-2017, 06:47 AM
Loosely translated from somewhere in Leviticus

https://behapy.s3.amazonaws.com/77/59/567759/5_mug3.jpg

GOD places the RIGHT PEOPLE, in the RIGHT PLACES at the RIGHT TIME.... and they become "WHISTLE BLOWERS"...

GOD don't like UGLY or LIARS when it comes to CHILDREN/Young Recruits....

DON'T Mess with the CHILDREN....