PDA

View Full Version : Freeze

GTHOM
03-20-2017, 06:56 PM
I was reading the Vic Schaefer thread, saw where someone said Freezus baptized a boosters kid? Is this real or just a really funny joke? Dont you have to be like a legit Preacher to do that??

somebodyshotmypaw
03-20-2017, 07:02 PM
I was reading the Vic Schaefer thread, saw where someone said Freezus baptized a boosters kid? Is this real or just a really funny joke? Dont you have to be like a legit Preacher to do that??

You do not. Anyone can baptize someone.

MrKotter
03-20-2017, 07:12 PM
He baptized one of Touhy's kids

SailingDawg
03-20-2017, 07:24 PM
True, anyone can baptize. This is just another element of the cult they've bought into. Very unhealthy environment. Who knows what else he's done in the name of THE LORD.

dawgoneyall
03-20-2017, 07:32 PM
No one said it had to take.

GTHOM
03-20-2017, 07:36 PM

Really? Did not know that. Either way thats still pretty weird. To each his own I reckon

Quaoarsking
03-20-2017, 07:50 PM

Depends on the denomination.

AFDawg
03-20-2017, 07:51 PM
That depends on your denomination. In many churches priests/pastors/elders/deacons or whatever usually baptize but "anyone" can in an emergency.

BossDawg
03-20-2017, 08:06 PM
"Look at me, everybody! I'm Hugh Freeze and I'm such an awesome person! Look how virtuous I am! I'm such an awesome Christian! Like me, PLEASE! Look at me! Look at me!"

What a goofy ass egomaniac.

Jack Lambert
03-20-2017, 08:18 PM

If anyone could baptize why did Jesus seek out John the Baptist? Jesus traveled from Galilee to find John at the river Jordan. I don't think John really understood why he had to Baptize Jesus first. You would think Jesus would have done the baptisms first.

RocketDawg
03-20-2017, 08:21 PM
If anyone could baptize why did Jesus seek out John the Baptist? Jesus traveled from Galilee to find John at the river Jordan. I don't think John really understood why he had to Baptize Jesus first. You would think Jesus would have done the baptisms first.

Mmm ... probably because he wanted John to do it.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-20-2017, 08:40 PM

I am saying that there is no law allowing only certain people to baptize. Because it is not recognized by the government. It is not like officiating a legal marriage, or stamping engineering plans, or notarizing a document. So I could get my kid to push me into a swimming pool and call that a baptism if I wished to do so. It may not be the same in the Lord's eyes, but that wasn't the question. Freeze can baptize all the people he wants to. So can Luke Woodham, or Donald Trump, or Obama, or Lady Gaga, or Tom Cruise, Or Coach34

RocketDawg
03-20-2017, 08:52 PM
I am saying that there is no law allowing only certain people to baptize. Because it is not recognized by the government. It is not like officiating a legal marriage, or stamping engineering plans, or notarizing a document. So I could get my kid to push me into a swimming pool and call that a baptism if I wished to do so. It may not be the same in the Lord's eyes, but that wasn't the question. Freeze can baptize all the people he wants to. So can Luke Woodham, or Donald Trump, or Obama, or Lady Gaga, or Tom Cruise, Or Coach34

From a legal point of view, that's no doubt true. I remember from my youth there were a lot of preachers, mostly in small country churches, who were not ordained nor did they ever have any formal education in the ministry. But they baptized anyway, and performed marriages too. I suppose it's up to the church or governing denomination.

But isn't Freeze an ordained minister? Thought I'd heard that he was.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-20-2017, 08:56 PM
I hope to God they fire his ass so I can stop seeing threads on him on our message boards. smh

Central Pork
03-20-2017, 09:12 PM
No one said it had to take.

That is a brilliant post! You made me chuckle.

There are plenty of baptisms conducted by all kinds of folks. Who is the authorizing authority? Don't know.

When I first met my wife, she introduced me to some guy who was an "Astrologer". His name was Bob. Bob the Astrologer is how I referred to him. I wondered how you go about becoming an astrologer? Do you get a certificate?

Bucky just decided somewhere along the line, he was qualified to Baptize folks.

BTW, I lurk on this site for Ole Miss cheating news and did get the website warning the other day. I hope you found out the culprits.

I did click a link.

Carry on.

DancingRabbit
03-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Rumor is he's been known to perform double baptisms.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2097689/82724832.jpg

Cooterpoot
03-20-2017, 09:25 PM
He probably pissed in the water.

Spiderman
03-20-2017, 09:33 PM
"Look at me, everybody! I'm Hugh Freeze and I'm such an awesome person! Look how virtuous I am! I'm such an awesome Christian! Like me, PLEASE! Look at me! Look at me!"

Yep

fccee1
03-20-2017, 09:39 PM
"There are plenty of baptisms conducted by all kinds of folks. Who is the authorizing authority? Don't know."

You don't??

HSVDawg
03-20-2017, 09:40 PM

Definitely ought to get some folks to stop bitching about Dan Mullen obsessing over the Boston marathon and Yeezy's. It could be waaaaay worse.

Mobile Bay
03-20-2017, 10:26 PM

That depends entirely upon the denomination. Freeze ain't a catholic priest.

Coach 57
03-21-2017, 07:39 AM
Jesus sought John the Baptist because he was the forerunner for Christ. And there wasn't ANY OTHER PERSON doing immersion water baptisms because God had chosen John the Baptist before his birth to be the final prophet to fulfill O.T prophecy through John being the "voice that cries out from the wilderness" from Isaiah 40:3. Also it was central for Jesus to do this to fulfill what those who follow Jesus are to do. Jesus did this NOT because He needed it, but to fulfill all righteousness as a path for Christians (that word "Christian" literally means "little Christ") to follow.

Can anyone baptize? A disciple trainer who led his disciple to Christ, can and probably should baptize his pupil. John 15 states that Jesus "ordained" those who TRULY follow Him. I'm not ordained through some religious process of kneeling on a pillow before deacons or going through a religious affirmation. But because of a deep relationship with God, through His Son, Yeshua (Jesus) Whose very Name means "Salvation". As far as Freeze doing this, I don't have enough information to be objective or subjective.

Martianlander
03-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Freeze might turn the water to kool aide.

basedog
03-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Jesus sought John the Baptist because he was the forerunner for Christ. And there wasn't ANY OTHER PERSON doing immersion water baptisms because God had chosen John the Baptist before his birth to be the final prophet to fulfill O.T prophecy through John being the "voice that cries out from the wilderness" from Isaiah 40:3. Also it was central for Jesus to do this to fulfill what those who follow Jesus are to do. Jesus did this NOT because He needed it, but to fulfill all righteousness as a path for Christians (that word "Christian" literally means "little Christ") to follow.

Can anyone baptize? A disciple trainer who led his disciple to Christ, can and probably should baptize his pupil. John 15 states that Jesus "ordained" those who TRULY follow Him. I'm not ordained through some religious process of kneeling on a pillow before deacons or going through a religious affirmation. But because of a deep relationship with God, through His Son, Yeshua (Jesus) Whose very Name means "Salvation". As far as Freeze doing this, I don't have enough information to be objective or subjective.

Glad to see you back 57.

SDDawg
03-21-2017, 08:01 AM
Anyone can handle snakes too.

Thick
03-21-2017, 08:11 AM

That is the greatest southern redneck pic of all time. Chick with Dixie flag bikini in one arm and a cold beer in hand taking a mudder! Hilarious

BB30
03-21-2017, 08:27 AM

Beautifully explained.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-21-2017, 08:45 AM
Definitely ought to get some folks to stop bitching about Dan Mullen obsessing over the Boston marathon and Yeezy's. It could be waaaaay worse.

You know the old saying, if they aren't bichin then something is wrong.

Offshore Dawg
03-21-2017, 12:07 PM
If freeze is out dunking people they would have to be those that worship at all things bear, pick which one of the following would best apply.

1/2 a bubble off plumb
few bricks shy of a load
few french fries short of a happy meal
not playing with a full deck
lights are on but nobody is home
not the brightest bulb on the tree
elevator does not reach the top floor

Sorry folks got carried away describing suck ass bears.

TrapGame
03-21-2017, 12:24 PM

Looks like the Freeze family reunion.