PDA

View Full Version : 98.1 in Hattiesburg does not play all the MSU games

PineBelt
03-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Are any of you Pine Belt folks sick of hearing Ole Miss on 2 local stations and MSU not being played at all? 98.1 in Hattiesburg is supposed to be the affiliate for the MSU radio network, but it's hit and miss as to whether they play the games. I've tuned in numerous times on weekdays during the middle of one of our baseball/basketball games, only to find out that they are playing Hannity/Larson/Pine Belt Sports Drive/Dave Ramsey in favor of playing the MSU games. It's even hit and miss for them to play a Sunday baseball game. Sometimes, they wait for one of these shows to end before transferring over to our games. I know some of these games are considered "network" games only, but WMXI seems to have a problem with these games as well.

Is anybody else sick of this? If you claim to be the official home for MSU sports, THEN PLAY THE DAMN GAMES.

They have never played an MSU call in show either. If they can't commit to what they say they are going to do, then it's time for a change.

WPDawg
03-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Advertising...... Its how money is made. Get more business's to Sponsor and more will be available to listen to. MSU faithful have to help by finding out who MSU supporting business's are and push them to advertise.

DownwardDawg
03-20-2017, 10:55 AM
It hasn't for years. Running around the lake in Canebrake and not being able to listen to MSU baseball used to tick me off. I finally gave up.

Cooterpoot
03-20-2017, 11:07 AM
I'm not familiar with how the radio situation is handled. Is it MSU or Leerfield (if that's who we use) or local people. I would think MSU or Leerfield would be lining up the sponsors but I have no idea. I just know it's damn near impossible to listen to MSU athletics on the radio all over MS.

PineBelt
03-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Advertising...... Its how money is made. Get more business's to Sponsor and more will be available to listen to. MSU faithful have to help by finding out who MSU supporting business's are and push them to advertise.

I understand this. If they obviously have enough advertisers to carry the games that they do, when why is that not enough to carry all the games? Isn't it a slap in the face to the advertisers expecting to have air time during MSU games? Why pay money to advertise if you are not guaranteed air time for every game?

To me, it seems like if WMXI can't get their shit straight, then the University needs to be looking into other stations in this area that can get their shit straight. We've got Ole Miss blaring on 2 stations and MSU is hit and miss on one.