PDA

View Full Version : NCAA tourney

msstate7
03-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Arkansas hanging tough with North Carolina. Go hogs! It'll hurt my bracket even more, but I hate UNC

CadaverDawg
03-19-2017, 06:47 PM
SEC clearly better than everyone thought. UK, Florida, Arky all looking good. That's a good sign, should help us get more respect in coming years

BigEasyDawg
03-19-2017, 07:01 PM
Arkansas' defense is really impressing. They came to play

msstate7
03-19-2017, 07:05 PM
How did we let Daryl Macon get out of Mississippi from Holmes comm college? We'd have been much better with him on the team

BulldogBear
03-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Arkansas getting hosed by refs. UNC takes 3pt lead on a no call offensive foul and travel combo.

Under 1m

msstate7
03-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Wow... that's either a foul or a travel

msstate7
03-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Ark got hosed down the stretch with officials

smootness
03-19-2017, 07:25 PM
This tournament sucks. None of these teams have any idea what they're doing on offense late in games. There hasn't been a single team just execute down the stretch to win a game.

msstate7
03-19-2017, 07:40 PM
This tournament sucks. None of these teams have any idea what they're doing on offense late in games. There hasn't been a single team just execute down the stretch to win a game.

You must have missed Michigan bounce my champion, Louisville. Michigan ran their offense to perfection the entire 2nd half

MarketingBully
03-19-2017, 08:09 PM
With the depth we have next year, we should just run UNLV's system and play 10 guys. Switch between man to man and the amoeba defense. Would be a fun style to watch and we have the horses to do it.

msstate7
03-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Arkansas and USCe have gone head-to-head with 2 of the best from the ACC. We beat Arkansas and played usce well both times. The sec is much better than anyone has given it credit for.

msstate7
03-19-2017, 10:01 PM
I dislike South Carolina a lot, but I hate duke. Pull it out, gamecocks

DawgPoundtheRock
03-19-2017, 10:22 PM
Well, there goes my bracket. Had Duke in final 4.

msstate7
03-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Well, there goes my bracket. Had Duke in final 4.

My bracket has been gone

archdog
03-19-2017, 10:56 PM
My bracket has been gone

So why can each and every game get called like the tourney. These refs are letting them play. I haven't seen a ticky tack call in like 3 days of off and on watching.

mstatefan91
03-19-2017, 11:05 PM
So why can each and every game get called like the tourney. These refs are letting them play. I haven't seen a ticky tack call in like 3 days of off and on watching.

Because these are the best of the best officials from each league. The SEC (on average) could really use better officials. Too quick to whistle "touch" fouls and anticipate the foul before it even occurs.

parabrave
03-19-2017, 11:59 PM
You must have missed Michigan bounce my champion, Louisville. Michigan ran their offense to perfection the entire 2nd half

Well I did pick Michigan to go to the final four. They are just hitting on all cylinders.

MarketingBully
03-20-2017, 08:15 AM

I think our perceived youth is what caught up to us this year as far as those calls were concerned. I think starting next year the refs won't nail us to the wall as much. I also think with Q since he finally is an upper classman as a junior will start to get the super star calls in the SEC. That is in general what happens in this league. We just didn't happen to have a super star that was an upper classman last year.

MarketingBully
03-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Well I did pick Michigan to go to the final four. They are just hitting on all cylinders.

I think they make the elite eight but Kansas trips them up there.

MarketingBully
03-20-2017, 08:42 AM
Is it just me or does that olblue guy suck balls? Why are people like him MSU fans? He lives in Kentucky and best I can tell is he is a big Pitino fan. Must be butthurt that his Cards got put out by Michigan. The SEC is doing well in the tournament and his argument is the NCAA tournament is random. He says we still suck as a league and we play bad basketball. I guess results don't matter....

Ifyouonlyknew
03-20-2017, 08:47 AM
How did we let Daryl Macon get out of Mississippi from Holmes comm college? We'd have been much better with him on the team

We didn't let him get out of MS. The kid is from Arkansas & was always going back home as long as they wanted him. We recruited him hard but when Malik Monk committed to Kentucky that was Macon's Arkansas scholarship.

smootness
03-20-2017, 08:47 AM

That was almost certainly the best game so far in terms of execution. Even still, a lot of Michigan's points down the stretch came from FTs. It's the losing teams that have had trouble doing anything offensively. Louisville did better than pretty much anybody else, though.