PDA

View Full Version : I love me some Vic Schaefer

lamont
03-19-2017, 05:23 PM
1. Ends every interview with a HailState or Go Dawgs or something like that. All In

2. Finally sits his volume shooter and a couple others on the bench and starts others on the team that play the way he DEMANDS them to play. Not only that, had the balls to make the move during the SEC Tourney when it had just become all too obvious to everyone that their offense ran better going thru the post instead of VV.

They look like a better basketball team starting McGowan and the back-up PG. Add to that, running the offense thru the post gets his daughter open looks- and she is knocking shots down. Helluva job by Vic

RocketDawg
03-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Yep. And he's not stuck on playing seniors, regardless of how they're playing.

MSUDawg99
03-19-2017, 05:26 PM
Praise the Lord & Go Dawgs is his signature sign-off. That's how you know an interview is over.

lamont
03-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Praise the Lord & Go Dawgs is his signature sign-off. That's how you know an interview is over.

He said HailState after one the other day- and there wasnt anything about the Lord. I havent watched enough to know what he says the most.

MSUDawg99
03-19-2017, 05:31 PM
I have. You can ask anyone who follows his pressers. He ends every presser with PTLGD.

ScoobaDawg
03-19-2017, 05:48 PM
I have. You can ask anyone who follows his pressers. He ends every presser with PTLGD.

Correct. Sometimes feeds get cut before that. I know I was watching the periscope broadcast and it got cut before it.

TXDawg
03-19-2017, 05:54 PM

This. 95% of his pressers and interviews end with PTLGD.

In fact, one of the Relentless shows at the beginning of the season made a point of highlighting his signature sign-off.

Spiderman
03-19-2017, 06:28 PM
1. Ends every interview with a HailState or Go Dawgs or something like that. All In

2. Finally sits his volume shooter and a couple others on the bench and starts others on the team that play the way he DEMANDS them to play. Not only that, had the balls to make the move during the SEC Tourney when it had just become all too obvious to everyone that their offense ran better going thru the post instead of VV.

They look like a better basketball team starting McGowan and the back-up PG. Add to that, running the offense thru the post gets his daughter open looks- and she is knocking shots down. Helluva job by Vic

Doing a hell of a job. Just wish he's lay off the Freeze-ish religious stuff.

I say it with Hugh and anybody else... God isn't a fan of any team over another

Ari Gold
03-19-2017, 06:47 PM

What he does and says compared to what Freeze does and says is night and day...

lamont
03-19-2017, 06:54 PM

This wasnt a a presser- it was an in-game interview. He very clearly said "HailState" to end it

CadaverDawg
03-19-2017, 06:56 PM

He just says "praise the Lord"...doesn't do all of the "religion stuff Hugh Freeze does". Not even close

lamont
03-19-2017, 07:00 PM
He just says "praise the Lord"...doesn't do all of the "religion stuff Hugh Freeze does". Not even close

I can handle a little PTL. Until Vic crawls up on the cross and compares an NCAA investigation to what Jesus went thru- he's ok.

Reason2succeed
03-19-2017, 07:13 PM
I can handle a little PTL. Until Vic crawls up on the cross and compares an NCAA investigation to what Jesus went thru- he's ok.

You mean he can't have a fake funeral for himself?!?***

SDDawg
03-19-2017, 07:16 PM
You mean he can't have a fake funeral for himself?!?***

Let's have a fake funeral for Dawn Staley - we ready.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2017, 07:16 PM

+1

shoeless joe
03-19-2017, 08:25 PM

I like the fact that he praises the Lord in public when he has the opportunity...after all that's who has afforded him the chance to do what he loves for a living. That said I don't think for one second that the good Lord cares one way or another about the outcome of a sporting event.

A person lifting up God is a good thing...a preachy person that doesn't walk the walk makes all believers look bad to those that are looking for a reason to discredit them, and even those that straddle the fence.

Joe Schmedlap
03-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Vic has plenty of reasons to praise the Lord, none more important than the borderline miraculous recovery his son made after a serious CNS injury while wake boarding at a summer camp in east Texas a few years ago. Vic's appreciation of our maker is legit.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-19-2017, 09:21 PM

When Shaffer preaches at a church, baptizes a boosters kid, fakes his own death, and compares the NCAA investigation to being nailed to the cross let us know.

msbulldog
03-20-2017, 06:10 AM
I am glad Coach gives Praise to Our Heavenly Father and I wish more Coaches did. I really like to see players praising and acknowledging that they pray about their decisions. There is nothing wrong with that.

Bully13
03-20-2017, 07:30 AM

Yep.

starkvegasdawg
03-20-2017, 07:49 AM

Vic praises God. Hugh thinks he is God.

MadDawg
03-20-2017, 10:03 AM
Vic praises God. Hugh thinks he is God.

BOOM!!

I_Spy
03-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Yep, Vic has displayed some great coaching. He should get coach of the year after these games.

We need Victoria to get back on the grind too though. She does have another play level (tenacity) she can get to. We relied on her so much for volume (she's won many games) the past 2 and 3 years because we had to. Now that other weapons on the floor are gaining in production she needs to stick to her money shots and try to get the others as involved because 5 weapons hard to stop or we have about 8 even. But her rebounding ...she's just gotta dig deep and get back to it.

I think that's what Coach Vic is trying to develop in her ... Which every great player has to learn or its common in women's basketball - this situation...mens too probably (as in our team)

I_Spy
03-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Everyone a few months ago were like just have V shoot the ball. Now everyone is like V shoots too much. It's just shot selection in a team we are seeing come together better. This is just the beginning ms state women's basketball will be better in the upcoming years, imagine that and we were too 5 this year. Vic coach of year EASY I think it should be.

shannondawg
03-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem V has lost a good bit of weight?

I_Spy
03-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem V has lost a good bit of weight?

I haven't noticed but I know she is a gamer, whatever is going on and will make her mark.

Does everybody agree that McCowan deserves most improved basketball player out of men's and women's team - like a freshman last year who truly made her mark this year.

Okorie is having a good tourney but she was tough last year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Schaefer was walking into the Hump when I got to the game the other day and everyone in line waiting to get in starting applauding as he walked by. As he walked up the steps to his office he stopped halfway up, turned around and addressed the crowd. He thanked everyone for all their support and said he felt like a preacher walking up to the pulpit in front of the congregation. He went on to say "But there is one thing you probably won't hear in church...Y'all sure do raise all kinds of hell and we appreciate it." He is a class act, I hope he stays around awhile.

msbulldog
03-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Schaefer was walking into the Hump when I got to the game the other day and everyone in line waiting to get in starting applauding as he walked by. As he walked up the steps to his office he stopped halfway up, turned around and addressed the crowd. He thanked everyone for all their support and said he felt like a preacher walking up to the pulpit in front of the congregation. He went on to say "But there is one thing you probably won't hear in church...Y'all sure do raise all kinds of hell and we appreciate it." He is a class act, I hope he stays around awhile.

So right^^^^ And I try to Praise God in in every opportunity that comes by me. I'm not on TV, but I try to let others know where I stand.