PDA

View Full Version : Your perfect storm script/timeline for the Bears???????

Dawgowar
03-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Just curious how you all hope to see this play out? Not the penalties alone, but the likely twists and turns of the case and its completion. What benefits us the most?

Mine:

April response in writing. Spin and more spin that their self-imposed sanctions are sufficient.

Delay the June hearing. Allows us and the rest of the conference to keep another summer?s worth of recruiting under a cloud of doubt.

Hearing in August. More spine but the misguided enthusiasm for a new season and ?worth it all? run at an SEC title deflects the Bear faithful?s angst.

Tactical point to the Bears here. I would be surprised if the NCAA took out a coach during the actual season. They either delay the show cause for multiple staff members or they delay the findings until after the Egg Bowl.

Either is fine by me because in either case their recruiting is going to tank. That dark cloud only gets darker the longer this goes on. Not to mention every competitor?s staff is pointing at it when meeting with recruits.

UNM has a solid season in terms of wins and losses barring some huge internal breakdown like we experienced in Jackie?s last years. They play well enough to win 6-8 games. Not sure if they pull them all off but at least early they win what they are supposed to.

Rumors begin that the 3rd NOA is going to be real. (and I remain skeptical the NCAA is going to pursue this beyond what they are doing. Not sure they would drop a third)

UNM cannot delay the ruling on the fist hearing.

There are some shitty Thanksgiving gatherings in the state.

December hits and right before early signing the first bomb drops.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of self-imposed PLUS enough to get them north of USC penalties. Another year added to no Bowl fun. 4-6 years of probation. Coaches and others depart or are SC?d.

First wave of Bear rage and panic attacks hit like nothing ever seen.

More substantiated rumors the investigation has another shoe to drop.

Many MSU fans have drinks tossed on them at in-state office holiday parties.

Difficulty hiring a coach willing to deal with both probation as announced and uncertainty of what may come next. A solid citizen type is drastically overpaid and given a ridiculous amount of contractual security to take the job.

The staff who remains and were not implicated head for the exits. Remember when Jackie started hiring Hallman and Cooper? Same ol? song

Recruiting haul is of borderline talented legacies/loyalists and likely sign and place. Toss in a couple of head cases.

(We try to screw it up but pick up 3-5 in-state players we would have lost. )

Next NOA drops. Hopefully it will take a full year to play out with their recruiting still flopping about on the floor. Maybe another 3-5 scholarships put at risk. However, the cloud of being threatened by the NCAA and a fictitious DP/SEC expulsion does not get them in many sympathetic doors. More HS underclassman begin to view them as the last choice.

UNM becomes the football equivalent of Kansas for about 10-12 years.

We keep trying to screw this chance up.

Hopefully one of those 3-5 extra players we have a chance with can kick a damn field goal beyond 25-30 yards.

Mimi's Babies
03-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Just curious how you all hope to see this play out? Not the penalties alone, but the likely twists and turns of the case and its completion. What benefits us the most?

Mine:

April response in writing. Spin and more spin that their self-imposed sanctions are sufficient.

Delay the June hearing. Allows us and the rest of the conference to keep another summer?s worth of recruiting under a cloud of doubt.

Hearing in August. More spine but the misguided enthusiasm for a new season and ?worth it all? run at an SEC title deflects the Bear faithful?s angst.

Tactical point to the Bears here. I would be surprised if the NCAA took out a coach during the actual season. They either delay the show cause for multiple staff members or they delay the findings until after the Egg Bowl.

Either is fine by me because in either case their recruiting is going to tank. That dark cloud only gets darker the longer this goes on. Not to mention every competitor?s staff is pointing at it when meeting with recruits.

UNM has a solid season in terms of wins and losses barring some huge internal breakdown like we experienced in Jackie?s last years. They play well enough to win 6-8 games. Not sure if they pull them all off but at least early they win what they are supposed to.

Rumors begin that the 3rd NOA is going to be real. (and I remain skeptical the NCAA is going to pursue this beyond what they are doing. Not sure they would drop a third)

UNM cannot delay the ruling on the fist hearing.

There are some shitty Thanksgiving gatherings in the state.

December hits and right before early signing the first bomb drops.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of self-imposed PLUS enough to get them north of USC penalties. Another year added to no Bowl fun. 4-6 years of probation. Coaches and others depart or are SC?d.

First wave of Bear rage and panic attacks hit like nothing ever seen.

More substantiated rumors the investigation has another shoe to drop.

Many MSU fans have drinks tossed on them at in-state office holiday parties.

Difficulty hiring a coach willing to deal with both probation as announced and uncertainty of what may come next. A solid citizen type is drastically overpaid and given a ridiculous amount of contractual security to take the job.

The staff who remains and were not implicated head for the exits. Remember when Jackie started hiring Hallman and Cooper? Same ol? song

Recruiting haul is of borderline talented legacies/loyalists and likely sign and place. Toss in a couple of head cases.

(We try to screw it up but pick up 3-5 in-state players we would have lost. )

Next NOA drops. Hopefully it will take a full year to play out with their recruiting still flopping about on the floor. Maybe another 3-5 scholarships put at risk. However, the cloud of being threatened by the NCAA and a fictitious DP/SEC expulsion does not get them in many sympathetic doors. More HS underclassman begin to view them as the last choice.

UNM becomes the football equivalent of Kansas for about 10-12 years.

We keep trying to screw this chance up.

Hopefully one of those 3-5 extra players we have a chance with can kick a damn field goal beyond 25-30 yards.

Did I miss the "1st hearing concerning the 1st NOA"?

When the 2nd NOA comes out.... I should be able to tell you if a 3rd NOA should follow.... By looking at the OM Reported cut off dates then there SHOULD be a 3rd NOA..... Ready to see the list of names on that NOA.....
Lets keep them guessing.... and wondering as to WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY.... their boosters are not HONEST.... Show me the money, cars, rent free homes, vacations, air plane rides to ballgames, boosters using their season tickets for recruits, clothes, jewelry, electronics, book bags, and burner phones, hotel rooms, ACT Test scores..... wonder where the 'Bagman' is today? ??? Just how many bagmen/women are out there?

Dawgowar
03-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Did I miss the "1st hearing concerning the 1st NOA"?

When the 2nd NOA comes out.... I should be able to tell you if a 3rd NOA should follow.... By looking at the OM Reported cut off dates then there SHOULD be a 3rd NOA..... Ready to see the list of names on that NOA.....
Lets keep them guessing.... and wondering as to WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY.... their boosters are not HONEST.... Show me the money, cars, rent free homes, vacations, air plane rides to ballgames, boosters using their season tickets for recruits, clothes, jewelry, electronics, book bags, and burner phones, hotel rooms, ACT Test scores..... wonder where the 'Bagman' is today? ??? Just how many bagmen/women are out there?

August - I assume both NOA's go at the same time. Be even better for us if they were spaced.

Mimi's Babies
03-19-2017, 11:50 AM
August - I assume both NOA's go at the same time. Be even better for us if they were spaced.

I would THINK that they would hear each NOA separately..... I MUST remember that we are dealing with OM and the NCAA..... and SINCE OM people want to THINK they have done nothing wrong..... enough said for me "THINKING"....

Dawgowar
03-19-2017, 11:54 AM
I would THINK that they would hear each NOA separately..... I MUST remember that we are dealing with OM and the NCAA..... and SINCE OM people want to THINK they have done nothing wrong..... enough said for me "THINKING"....

The primary reason I think the first two go at the same time is the Bears already delayed the first (so far as football was concerned) last summer/fall. Now with this one added it makes sense to hear them both in June.

lamont
03-19-2017, 11:55 AM
No- the NOA's have been combined and there will be one hearing

This is amended NOA- not a 2nd NOA

Mimi's Babies
03-19-2017, 12:01 PM
No- the NOA's have been combined and there will be one hearing

This is amended NOA- not a 2nd NOA

BRING the NOAs..... lets watch the self destruction of om...... SAD.... that these people are STILL not following the rules.....

starkvegasdawg
03-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Since they seem to be sticking to the all in strategy, I want them led to the gallows a week before opening day. I don't think the NCAA gives a tin shit what it does to their season. It was the bears that cheated. It was the bears that asked for the delay. It was the bears that continued to cheat while being investigated. It was the bears that tried to claim numerous times it was over. It was the bears that told the NCAA to 17 off at every turn. Now tell me why the NCAA would have ounce of sympathy for the bears?

gravedigger
03-19-2017, 12:35 PM
Since they seem to be sticking to the all in strategy, I want them led to the gallows a week before opening day. I don't think the NCAA gives a tin shit what it does to their season. It was the bears that cheated. It was the bears that asked for the delay. It was the bears that continued to cheat while being investigated. It was the bears that tried to claim numerous times it was over. It was the bears that told the NCAA to 17 off at every turn. Now tell me why the NCAA would have ounce of sympathy for the bears?

Agreed

Mimi's Babies
03-19-2017, 12:36 PM

Continued to CHEAT during the 1st NOA and the amended NOA.... and we have REASON to BELIEVE that they are STILL CHEATING/BUYING PLAYERS even NOW. WHEN will they STOP..... Come on NOA and the NCAA......

Dawgface
03-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Just wake me up when the penalties are actually handed down.

Dawgowar
03-19-2017, 01:37 PM

It's not a question of what I want - be happy if they nuked them in July 10 days after the June hearing. I see them factoring Freeze's presence for another season and being reassured that the penalty sbout to be announced and the uncertainty associated with it will ultimately eradicate their behavior. This is their chance to hit hard and re-establish themselves without going to the DP. I predict they will do so but by staying conservative.

The maroon blood in my veins WANTS a midseason dumping of a third of their staff, inability to field and organize a team, and a total collapse in their recruiting sooner rather than later.

Realistically, until the NCAA shows the will to do that I stick to what I think will happen. A long ass dance to their destruction.

Ari Gold
03-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Just wake me up when the penalties are actually handed down.

Wake you up??? Did you see the meltdown in recruiting this year ? The National media ( outside Finebaum and the local sheep) have the program and Freeze on blast.
It's already started and will continue to get worse ...Join the Party Pal..