PDA

View Full Version : We had 4 guys starting tonight..

preachermatt83
03-18-2017, 11:10 PM
That right now just simply are not SEC caliber players. We will easily finish dead last in the SEC.

CadaverDawg
03-18-2017, 11:21 PM
That right now just simply are not SEC caliber players. We will easily finish dead last in the SEC.

And the saddest part is that it won't be due to pitching.

lamont
03-18-2017, 11:26 PM
This is what Cohen left us as a last present

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2017, 11:26 PM
I think the 2014 recruiting class has caught up to us with position players. We have the mighty Ryan Gridley and no other every day starters from that group. If the JCs were playing like Lowe and Kruger, we could survive it

I seen it dawg
03-18-2017, 11:32 PM
Maybe Cohen wasn't the hot shit in a bag everybody thought he was. I was right

GTHOM
03-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Well if you go by recruiting rankings we should be near the top of the SEC. Just shows recruiting rankings are extremely flawed IMO

I seen it dawg
03-18-2017, 11:52 PM
Germans bomb recruiting rankings

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2017, 11:57 PM
Well if you go by recruiting rankings we should be near the top of the SEC. Just shows recruiting rankings are extremely flawed IMO

TJ and Wes Johnson took away the cream of two classes. Lest we forget that Jesse McCord and Parker Ford were the top players respectively

state66
03-19-2017, 12:23 AM
On the bright side we have 6 kids signed with a 9.5 or higher ranking by perfect game. Hopefully we can get the majority of them on campus.

lamont
03-19-2017, 12:23 AM
TJ and Wes Johnson took away the cream of two classes. Lest we forget that Jesse McCord and Parker Ford were the top players respectively

Tommy John didnt leave us with a line-up that is bottom 2-3 in the SEC

I seen it dawg
03-19-2017, 12:25 AM
We got no big timers on offense. (Mangum and Rooker exception)

The Federalist Engineer
03-19-2017, 12:33 AM
Tommy John didnt leave us with a line-up that is bottom 2-3 in the SEC

I'm talking about the rankings, we obviously need a 1b, C, and OF that can hit. The rankings were heavily weighed to pitchers.

Intramural All-American
03-19-2017, 12:48 AM

Cohen took us to an SEC title and national seed last year. You sound stupid. Anyone who expected big things this year after losing 13 to professional ball and 7 more to arm injuries just isn't very smart.

preachermatt83
03-19-2017, 12:58 AM
The arm injuries have nothing to do with our putrid hitting. Some of y'all just sound dumb. The pitching sucks at times bc if the injuries...yes, but the hitting is talent, or lack Therof

biggun
03-19-2017, 02:41 AM

Last year, with just one tiny break, maybe 2, we defeat Arizona in the supers and advance to Omaha where we would have been a for sure top 4 seed with a more than legit shot at a national championship! We were also the 2016 SEC Champions.
Off of that top 10 team, we lost the following to the MLB draft:
Our entire starting pitching rotation
All but 2 positional starters, returning only RF Mangum and SS Gridley. Rooker was DH and started some in LF.
Our best, immediate impact HS signees were offered too many benjamins thus turned pro

Add in the crazy amount of significant arm injuries to several pitchers we were counting on to be major contributors out of the pen and maybe even in our starting rotation and what the hell did you expect???

Even before the injuries, this season was going to be a rebuilding year, similar to what our football team went through this past season. You don't lose the amount of studs that we lost both in the field and on the mound, not to mention losing Cohen too, and not take a pretty big step back.

Cohen was and will always be the hottest shit in the bag, so CHILD PLEASE!!!!!

Cooterpoot
03-19-2017, 04:12 AM
This isn't going to be a 1 year issue. Next year is going to be bad too. Pitching depth might be better, but we won't have the position players to win in the SEC. Plus, we lose home games to renovations. Can will be on the hot seat going to year 3.

AROB44
03-19-2017, 06:41 AM
This isn't going to be a 1 year issue. Next year is going to be bad too. Pitching depth might be better, but we won't have the position players to win in the SEC. Plus, we lose home games to renovations. Can will be on the hot seat going to year 3.

Nope...but probably on here.

MetEdDawg
03-19-2017, 07:12 AM
The problem is inexperience. Some of us can't help but set ourselves up for failure every single sport season. Inexperienced teams very very rarely exceed expectations. We are young, inexperienced, and have a bunch of guys playing their first real college innings. It's gonna look bad before it looks better.

Add to that a new coaching staff and there was a much greater chance at underachieving. Many on here said before the pitching injuries that this was at best a 2-3 seed in an NCAA Regional. Guess what? Y'all were right. That's best case. Right now we aren't there though. May be at the end of the year but right now we aren't. And y'all should have known that going in. Ok to be mad at a loss, but to be mad at the overall product? Most of us who actually pay the hell attention knew this wasn't going to be a great product this year.

I seen it dawg
03-19-2017, 07:15 AM
lol I knew that shit would get some riled up. Simmer down Frances. Trolled

Dawg61
03-19-2017, 07:27 AM
We will easily finish dead last in the SEC.

Yea but we got us a video board dats da biggest in da world of college baseball and bigger dan 3 pro teams boards too!!! Andddd we are building the mecca of baseball stadium with freaking condos overlooking the candyman taking a shit errryday out in LFL!!! Gonna be so AWESOME!!! Gonna be better than the Groooooooove!!! **** those shitbirds they are getting the death penalties!!! Hey Hugh hahahahahaha love that video

Boodawg
03-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Need to tell those who can't hit to just swing at first pitch. From what I've seen in last few games we take on too many 1st pitches. Not a coach or bb guru but just my opinion.

ETA : and most of the 1st pitches have been strikes seems like

Todd4State
03-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Need to tell those who can't hit to just swing at first pitch. From what I've seen in last few games we take on too many 1st pitches. Not a coach or bb guru but just my opinion.

Based on what I saw last night most of our guys are swinging at too many pitches up in zone letter high in general. They need to learn to lay off of those pitches- and the guys at the bottom of the order are the worst offenders.

lamont
03-19-2017, 08:52 AM

Not a chance. This year is a freebie. He'll get at least 4 years

lamont
03-19-2017, 08:54 AM

Patience at the plate is required- not swinging at everything

basedog
03-19-2017, 08:57 AM
Seeing the graph that was shown on T.V. last night with players we lost, which was a bunch to MLB, plus having 8 or 9 top line pitchers lost, tells the story.

No doubt it's a rebuilding year. Btw that ain't sun shining anything, that's just a fact and some can't get over themselves.

It's college baseball and like the man said a long time ago "That's Baseball".

basedog
03-19-2017, 09:03 AM

Yelp, folks don't understand coaching. Canny's reputation is so good on recruiting and evaluating talent that he will or should get us better talent for the future. I like his aggressive style and he was dealt with a less than full deck of cards to play this year.

Cooterpoot
03-19-2017, 09:28 AM

I didn't say he should be fired or three years will be it. I'm just saying the fans will be raising hell in year three. Right or wrong, We have to hope his recruiting is amazing to avoid that.
With that said, this shouldn't freaking be a rebuild job. Cohen should've recruited better and he bailed. I put this on him. Our program should be better. Too damn many down years for a good program.

Todd4State
03-19-2017, 10:45 AM
I didn't say he should be fired or three years will be it. I'm just saying the fans will be raising hell in year three. Right or wrong, We have to hope his recruiting is amazing to avoid that.
With that said, this shouldn't freaking be a rebuild job. Cohen should've recruited better and he bailed. I put this on him. Our program should be better. Too damn many down years for a good program.

Our pitching injuries are killing us too. I do agree with everything you said though. We've been living and dying by JUCO's too much. If it's Lowe and Kruger things work out. If it's others that don't pan out we struggle. We have to do a better job of evaluating signability from our recruits better and have better contingency plans in place for those that do sign other than some JUCO guy from Texas.

I hope that Cann helps on that front because I think that will be what puts us over the top.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Hitting hasn't been stellar but we have given up more runs in the 9th inning than any team in the country. 4 blown leads in the 9th ain't got nothing to do with our hitters. If we are 16-4 right now instead of 12-8 we might feel a little better. Cann will get it done. Patience is required in baseball.

I seen it dawg
03-19-2017, 12:30 PM

Year 3? Shit just read some game threads from 2 weeks ago.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Seeing the graph that was shown on T.V. last night with players we lost, which was a bunch to MLB, plus having 8 or 9 top line pitchers lost, tells the story.

No doubt it's a rebuilding year. Btw that ain't sun shining anything, that's just a fact and some can't get over themselves.

It's college baseball and like the man said a long time ago "That's Baseball".

Yep, we lost too many hitters to the draft to be able to just simply reload there. So pitching was going to have to be our strong point this season, which has obviously been destroyed by arm injuries. That's not to excuse exactly how bad we are at the plate right now, we've definitely had some players disappoint this season