PDA

View Full Version : More OM Nazi propaganda

lamont
03-18-2017, 08:35 AM
Fake news at its finest:

From Ole (name of crappy drink they love).com
Don't give those shitbirds clicks

Ole Miss Football: Hugh Freeze, The Mayhem Behind The Man

http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/44eaf9ac34b2f25587a03782cdb3b99c?s=44&d=mm&r=pgby Chris Porter (http://olehottytoddy.com/author/cporter/)
21h ago

Hugh Freeze (http://olehottytoddy.com/2016/07/21/will-hugh-freeze-receive-a-suspension-from-the-ncaa/) is a man of God. A man of many words, the five-year head coach of Ole Miss football, can be described in many words, but I will only use two: Honest man.

Despite what the outside world will tell you, and will want you to believe, this man is a good man. The husband of wife Jill, and father of three beautiful young women, I find it very hard to believe what rival fans and media are saying about him, on both message boards and on social media.
He has been trying to do what so many in his shoes have tried, and essentially, failed so miserably. As the Ole Miss football coach, he is almost at the pinnacle of the college football world, then the NCAA (http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/notice-of-allegations/) comes running.

I don’t deal in conspiracy theories, but this entire ordeal with the NCAA smells to high heaven, and I’m not talking about Hugh Freeze’s career either. It has such a stench to it, even rival fans are actually clamoring for the NCAA to back off. Why would Hugh Freeze mess up what he is tried for so long to build?
“The team beneath us,” as some Rebel fans like to call them due to their fellow SEC rival’s absolute angst toward Mississippi’s Flagship University. Ole Miss Football’s rivals absolutely cannot digest anything that has to do with Ole Miss, including Hugh Freeze. The simple fact that he just comes into the rivalry and spanks them the first year in 2012 makes them fear him. Add to that, the fact he’s beat them three out of the last five years, and it only makes it worse.Rebels, Bears, or Witches?
Rumors have been swirling about a current Mississippi State player colluding with the MSU football staff. Apparently, he was persuaded to go along with Freeze recruiting him in hopes that one day the NCAA would come calling for Ole Miss Football’s head on a platter. In a nutshell, that’s where we are currently.
Rumor, innuendo, and a trail of assumptions have led us where we are. The sad thing, the fervor has consumed a good man, and left a trail of tears, no matter the outcome. Of course, a trail of crumbs always has followers and this is certainly no different. A witch hunt has begun against an SEC mainstay, an original charter member of the SEC, and it’s a travesty. And the repercussions of this will have long implications, not just for Ole Miss, but also for several rivals within the SEC.
This has the ability to change not just the Ole Miss football program, but others also implicated in the most recent ‘amended’ NOA. And the staunch position in which Ole Miss administration has taken, in standing in support of Hugh Freeze, is scaring the devil out of those other teams.
Collateral DamagePlease don’t count out the Alabama Crimson Tide from having their hands clean of this, because they are not. Although, we are not sure if Bama has been implicated in the NCAA investigation into Ole Miss football, Bama is in everything. It’s a well proven fact, Nick Saban doesn’t always play by the rules when a championship is on the line.
(https://twitter.com/LeoLewisIII/status/688842516049846272)
Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss have been a thorn in Bama’s side since he became coach. On and off the field, Hugh Freeze has proven he can contend against the 15 time National Champion. So far, Nick has been lucky to escape the wrath of Freeze and the NCAA, but the clock is ticking, and time is running out.
Final ArgumentIt’s simple! This is a classic case of the NCAA vs Ole Miss Football. Except this time, Hugh Freeze is at the forefront of it with his name being drug through the media like a meat grinder. And for what? A few laughs here and there? Maybe, but by the end of this situation Ole Miss Football will be smelling like roses.
No College Football Coach in America can keep tabs of 300 plus players, coaches, and trainers. Add to the fact, the endless amount of the University’s boosters and it becomes a problem. It’s time for the NCAA to change its rules and it begins with Ole Miss Football.
A witch hunt never ends with just one witch, and there are several which should burn if Ole Miss burns. It begins with the ones doing the finger-pointing.

sleepy dawg
03-18-2017, 08:39 AM
"even rival fans are actually clamoring for the NCAA to back off".................................................. .................................................. ................... rriiiiigghtt

msstate7
03-18-2017, 08:40 AM
"Hugh Freeze is a man of God. A man of many words, the five-year head coach of Ole Miss football, can be described in many words, but I will only use two: Honest man...."

Opening paragraph... stopped right there haha

starkvegasdawg
03-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Wow. Joseph Goebbels would even admit that is some grade A bullshit.

This is why I want that buck toothed hypocrite hit with a hard show cause. He's snowballed people into thinking he's this pillar of integrity and virtue when he's nothing close. Also why I would love to see them get the death penalty. I want that stigma hung around the neck of Hugh Freeze. That is his albatross.

Offshore Dawg
03-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Reading shit like this reminds me of the national media and the democrats and how biased they are against Republications and "Trump". And yes I am a Republican. The bears will lie, cheat, steal, and do or say most anything else to stay in power or whatever they think in their tiny twisted minds that they belong or should have as status. They can blame the arrogance of the law school for thinking that with all the lawyers they graduate, they can SUE their way out of or buy off whoever they need to get away with all their illegal activities. It is this line of thought that will be their downfall, (my diddie can sue your diddie). To me watching the impending doom of everything bear should be great to watch. They have earned every bit of the misery they should receive.

WSOPdawg
03-18-2017, 08:51 AM
"No College Football Coach in America can keep tabs of 300 plus players, coaches, and trainers. Add to the fact, the endless amount of the University’s boosters and it becomes a problem. It’s time for the NCAA to change its rules and it begins with Ole Miss Football."

Dang, I didn't know the college football world revolved around Oxford. But they appear hell-bent on taking down or forcing the NCAA to change.

Offshore Dawg
03-18-2017, 08:51 AM
"even rival fans are actually clamoring for the NCAA to back off".................................................. .................................................. ................... rriiiiigghtt

another lie of gigantic proportions.

Harrydawg
03-18-2017, 09:01 AM
This is just sad.....I want to send it to a good friend of mine who is a Bear and ask......do you agree with this?

Really, really think like this?

Mimi's Babies
03-18-2017, 09:01 AM
"Hugh Freeze is a man of God. A man of many words, the five-year head coach of Ole Miss football, can be described in many words, but I will only use two: Honest man...."

Opening paragraph... stopped right there haha

I could NOT get past the "HONEST MAN"..........

Bucky Dog
03-18-2017, 09:12 AM
So in a nutshell, we were nervous and jealous of Freeze and OM and set this whole thing up with Leo Lewis to work undercover during his recruitment then turn them in to NCAA!! One more time stupid asses, the NCAA was already on your campus before Leo was recruited!! Do you not recall the 2013 class and all that goes with Tunsil?? What about the grade fixing?

Shit I'm not even going to waste my time trying to spell it out for them.

confucius say
03-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Cheating cheaters cheated.

Liverpooldawg
03-18-2017, 09:51 AM

Uh, no. Everybody and I mean everybody is in the NCAA's corner. I've never seen so many schools on the same page over anything before.

Turfdawg67
03-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Reading shit like this reminds me of the national media and the democrats and how biased they are against Republications and "Trump". And yes I am a Republican. The bears will lie, cheat, steal, and do or say most anything else to stay in power or whatever they think in their tiny twisted minds that they belong or should have as status. They can blame the arrogance of the law school for thinking that with all the lawyers they graduate, they can SUE their way out of or buy off whoever they need to get away with all their illegal activities. It is this line of thought that will be their downfall, (my diddie can sue your diddie). To me watching the impending doom of everything bear should be great to watch. They have earned every bit of the misery they should receive.

Yeah well that blanket statement fits both parties equally... as it does ole miss. Too blind and loyal to a school (or party) and you start missing the forest for the trees. Your school (or party) can do no wrong but yet is coached (governed) by hypocrisy and deception. The other schools (parties) are "out to get" yours and the media (media) is against us. This story is no different than the whining that the Trump administration is doing now and what Obama's did for 8 years. And yes, I am an Independent... so I can see the "shit" on both sides.

Dawgface
03-18-2017, 10:43 AM
9 over 3, witch hunt etc etc.......

Dawgowar
03-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Actually, this is a testimony to how well the UNM brass know their fanbase AND how well the school can manipulate them. When 21 level one allegations are responded to this way, then you have a better chance of convincing a practicing heroin addict they may have a pesky substance abuse issue than a UNM Bear they cheated.

"They hate us because we are so 'sniff' damn special."
"1 of our boys can whip ten of theirs"
"If I'd been at Appomattox Courthouse I would have done a roundhouse to General Grant and pissed on Lincoln's picture before we'd of surrendered. "

JoseBrown
03-18-2017, 12:11 PM
"No College Football Coach in America can keep tabs of 300 plus players, coaches, and trainers. Add to the fact, the endless amount of the University’s boosters and it becomes a problem. It’s time for the NCAA to change its rules and it begins with Ole Miss Football."

Dang, I didn't know the college football world revolved around Oxford. But they appear hell-bent on taking down or forcing the NCAA to change.

The NCAA should change their rules, because, dammit, ole miss football don't make many mistakes. They're damn near perfect, dammit. And people like them.****

17'n Shitbirds!!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-18-2017, 12:15 PM
I actual like the article (no ** here). Several examples given of the Cult-ish nature the UM fanbase has towards their football coach. Replace Hugh with David and we're talking Branch Davidians. I like that anyone that has halfway followed college football for the last 5 yrs can see this article for what it is......Bull Shit. Well done Chris Porter.

JoseBrown
03-18-2017, 12:34 PM
I actual like the article (no ** here). Several examples given of the Cult-ish nature the UM fanbase has towards their football coach. Replace Hugh with David and we're talking Branch Davidians. I like that anyone that has halfway followed college football for the last 5 yrs can see this article for what it is......Bull Shit. Well done Chris Porter.

I've got very close family very close to the school administration up there, and they too are in walk step belief in that bullshit too. It really surprised me. Now they aren't in the athletics administration, but the NCAA mess does directly effect the job they do. For them to buy the bullshit, it shows me how easy it could be for the fan base to buy into it as well.

17'n Shitbirds(smh)!!

BossDawg
03-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Been thinking the exact thing. Their tactics and how they try to manipulate the public are a virtual carbon copies. They pretty much drum up their own hysteria.

Corn Bread
03-18-2017, 01:17 PM
I could NOT get past the "HONEST MAN"..........

Hey Mim's, been constipated for several days. Honest Man broke the dame. Keep giving hell.

Corn Bread
03-18-2017, 01:24 PM

OD, the law school is ranked about 127th in the US last I looked. The shining star was Dickie Scruggs. Disbared for bribing a judge in a insurance law suit that was around 23 mil. This after the cigarette litigation that resulted in billions. Now, supposedly Leo accepts $ from them and then comments to us. Did DS bribe the cigarette judges also. You want a law degree go to Vandy or Miss College.

Tripp McNeely
03-18-2017, 01:33 PM
OD, the law school is ranked about 127th in the US last I looked. The shining star was Dickie Scruggs. Disbared for bribing a judge in a insurance law suit that was around 23 mil. This after the cigarette litigation that resulted in billions. Now, supposedly Leo accepts $ from them and then comments to us. Did DS bribe the cigarette judges also. You want a law degree go to Vandy or Miss College.

Easy fella...LOTS of State grads with om law degrees! LOTS!

TrapGame
03-18-2017, 01:55 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8b/8bce00e2853c6e2114fa905d9e8feaba2ba1bc0753ab4c60a0 ff55c99fb337a5.jpg

lamont
03-18-2017, 02:25 PM
Hugh Freeze is Jim Baker- this summer the veil comes off

CadaverDawg
03-18-2017, 02:34 PM
http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20160204/prepare_to_be_offended_01.jpg

Mutt the Hoople
03-18-2017, 04:38 PM

Unlike other Law Schools around the country, the Ole Miss law school was established to do two things- keep the black man down, and keep big business out. After 200 amendments to the Mississippi Constitution, the 82nd Airborne kicking ass on September 30, 1962, and the 1965 Civil rights act, the first one was out. However......

They're still dedicated to the second one. While other Sun Belt States are prospering and flourishing from new businesses and jobs opening, Mississippi stays as stagnant as a puddle-water. Why? Because the Flagship University of ole miss is dedicated to keeping businesses that would improve the Mississippi economy out, through petty lawsuits and judicial legislating. Mississippi is known as a State that practices "Jackpot Justice", and Ole Miss lawyers are adept at stealing money from legitimate businesses. Why does Flagship University of ole miss do this? Because petty people love nothing better than to keep other people down so they get a false sense of superiority (which is ironic, because Ole Miss people have been proven to be culturally, spiritually, ethically, morally, and genetically inferior to a Bolivian titmouse).

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-18-2017, 04:42 PM
Rumor, innuendo, and a trail of assumptions have led us where we are.

I guess the NCAA should have titled it, "The Notice of Rumors, Innuendo's and Assumptions". 17 those shitbirds. When the NCAA hands down the penalties these kind of idiots are going to combust.

Saltydog
03-18-2017, 05:25 PM
spouse, cheat his off and then lie about it.......It's the height of hypocrisy............

Dawg61
03-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Old Misses trying their best to play in the University of Phoenix and DeVry College league.

Reason2succeed
03-18-2017, 05:51 PM
This is a just a fan in the anger stage of grief. He is mad at everyone except for themselves because that is too painful. Their program is about to be decimated for the next decade or worse and this guy is grasping at straw. He thinks the NCAA will change its rules retroactively for OM. (I want some of what he's smoking or drinking.)

Now we see how Hitler, Jim Jones, David Karesh, Joseph Smith and others duped so many people into believing them. It's actually scary when you think about it. It might even be happening from the White House right now.

P.S. You do realize that even Republicans are calling out Trump on his BS, right?!? I'm a liberal. (Had to complete the pattern.)

Ari Gold
03-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Hugh Feeeze and his sheep > David Koresh and the Davidian Cult
And the NCAA is about to go FBI on that program.

Dawgowar
03-18-2017, 06:31 PM
Old Misses trying their best to play in the University of Phoenix and DeVry College league.

Coming soon --- The Faulkner Arts and Scrapbooking School of Northern Mississippi.

RocketDawg
03-18-2017, 06:36 PM

The University of Phoenix has a nicer football stadium than the Bears .... **

Dawg61
03-18-2017, 06:53 PM
The University of Phoenix has a nicer football stadium than the Bears .... **

And Boner Nkemdiche can't play in either

RocketDawg
03-18-2017, 06:56 PM
And Boner Nkemdiche can't play in either

True. :)

TrapGame
03-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Rumor, innuendo, and a trail of assumptions have led us where we are.

I guess the NCAA should have titled it, "The Notice of Rumors, Innuendo's and Assumptions". 17 those shitbirds. When the NCAA hands down the penalties these kind of idiots are going to combust.

The NCAA doesn't hand out a LOIC just on some rumors floating around. They are so screwed!

notsofarawaydawg
03-18-2017, 09:36 PM
spouse, cheat his off and then lie about it.......It's the height of hypocrisy............

HHH - Hookers, Hookahs and Hypocrisy

Corn Bread
03-19-2017, 01:06 AM
Easy fella...LOTS of State grads with om law degrees! LOTS!

LOTS! of them are still Dog's. With that law degree, they settle at best. LOTS!

BulldogBear
03-19-2017, 07:33 AM
"No College Football Coach in America can keep tabs of 300 plus players, coaches, and trainers. Add to the fact, the endless amount of the University?s boosters and it becomes a problem. It?s time for the NCAA to change its rules and it begins with Ole Miss Football."

That's like the parenting style that says that kids are gonna do drugs anyway so I should just let them or even buy it for them.

BUT Most IMPORTANTLy, what I got out of that article was.....wait for it.....

So he's admitting we're a rivalry!!!**** What strange times these are.

cujo
03-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Perhaps he's confused?

Spiderman
03-19-2017, 08:52 AM
This is a just a fan in the anger stage of grief. He is mad at everyone except for themselves because that is too painful. Their program is about to be decimated for the next decade or worse and this guy is grasping at straw. He thinks the NCAA will change its rules retroactively for OM. (I want some of what he's smoking or drinking.)

Now we see how Hitler, Jim Jones, David Karesh, Joseph Smith and others duped so many people into believing them. It's actually scary when you think about it. It might even be happening from the White House right now.

P.S. You do realize that even Republicans are calling out Trump on his BS, right?!? I'm a liberal. (Had to complete the pattern.)

Yes i do, which is why I'm not a Liberal ,who defend their own no matter what.

Like every leftist movement in history, they stay in lock step. That's not political, that's historic fact.

Tripp McNeely
03-19-2017, 09:06 AM
LOTS! of them are still Dog's. With that law degree, they settle at best. LOTS!

You sound like a guy who's a big fan of out of state and private school tuition! Vanderbilt Law's not the toughest school in the world to get into, but have you checked out their tuition lately? Sounds like you have...your money tree must be pretty!

Mimi's Babies
03-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Hey Mim's, been constipated for several days. Honest Man broke the dame. Keep giving hell.

Cornbread, I have been reading and digging up the past on some boosters from that other school..... (while SICK)....
Just keep wondering about some of the 'boosters past'........ When one looks there are dates, times and places that go together.... Interesting....

On another note: if anyone knows anything on the lawsuit that MSU filed against the NCAA in the 1970's please supply the information. I cannot locate any info... and I was too young to remember...... haha

parabrave
03-19-2017, 01:37 PM
Unlike other Law Schools around the country, the Ole Miss law school was established to do two things- keep the black man down, and keep big business out. After 200 amendments to the Mississippi Constitution, the 82nd Airborne kicking ass on September 30, 1962, and the 1965 Civil rights act, the first one was out. However......

They're still dedicated to the second one. While other Sun Belt States are prospering and flourishing from new businesses and jobs opening, Mississippi stays as stagnant as a puddle-water. Why? Because the Flagship University of ole miss is dedicated to keeping businesses that would improve the Mississippi economy out, through petty lawsuits and judicial legislating. Mississippi is known as a State that practices "Jackpot Justice", and Ole Miss lawyers are adept at stealing money from legitimate businesses. Why does Flagship University of ole miss do this? Because petty people love nothing better than to keep other people down so they get a false sense of superiority (which is ironic, because Ole Miss people have been proven to be culturally, spiritually, ethically, morally, and genetically inferior to a Bolivian titmouse).

Sorry Mutt it wasn't the 82nd in Oxford but the 10worst.

Dawgowar
03-19-2017, 01:39 PM
but the 10worst.

AKA - DOPES ON A ROPE

Corn Bread
03-19-2017, 04:25 PM
You sound like a guy who's a big fan of out of state and private school tuition! Vanderbilt Law's not the toughest school in the world to get into, but have you checked out their tuition lately? Sounds like you have...your money tree must be pretty!

Tripp, nothing to do with money. Quality of the law education is money better spent with a Vandy or as you did not notice Miss College that I referenced. Grants and scholarships help a great deal. Go back to my first post, Miss College was mentioned.

Tripp McNeely
03-19-2017, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Tripp McNeely;720976]You sound like a guy who's a big fan of out of state and private school tuition! Vanderbilt Law's not the toughest school in the world to get into, but have you checked out their tuition lately? Sounds like you have...your money tree must be pretty![/QUOTE

Tripp, nothing to do with money. Quality of the law education is money better spent with a Vandy or as you did not notice Miss College that I referenced. Grants and scholarships help a great deal. Go back to my first post, Miss College was mentioned.

I was ignoring the Miss College argument for your sake. Do me a favor and Find them on this list. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/law-rankings ...I'll wait...

Om law school has approximately 1/3rd State undergrads. The guy that will end up suing those douches on behalf of THIS VERY SITE...that raised the security issue to appear on Google Chrome, will very likely be a State grad that went to om law school. When you insult the law school as a whole you're insulting...again...a LOT of State grads!! It is the in-state law school, is ranked INFINITELY higher than MC, and is actually affordable to those of us who's mommies and daddies can't pay their tuition!

If you wanna take shots at the "om lawyers" in the Network or those that are helping out the NCAA case pro bono, I'll applaud the hell out of ya...but, don't take shots at State grads, especially when you, obviously really don't know what you're talking about

Corn Bread
03-19-2017, 04:43 PM
Cornbread, I have been reading and digging up the past on some boosters from that other school..... (while SICK)....
Just keep wondering about some of the 'boosters past'........ When one looks there are dates, times and places that go together.... Interesting....

On another note: if anyone knows anything on the lawsuit that MSU filed against the NCAA in the 1970's please supply the information. I cannot locate any info... and I was too young to remember...... haha

Mim's let me check into this. Turkey hunting with hayfever and it ain't working.

Mutt the Hoople
03-19-2017, 04:57 PM
AKA - DOPES ON A ROPE

Had a snake eater give me his impersonation of an 82nd Airborne guy.......a little one foot jump, then squeaks, "airborne".

parabrave
03-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Had a snake eater give me his impersonation of an 82nd Airborne guy.......a little one foot jump, then squeaks, "airborne".

Did you ask that snake eater for a girlscout cookie request sheet? Or about that limpwrist Bronze bruce statue?

Noxdog
03-19-2017, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Corn Bread;721247]

I was ignoring the Miss College argument for your sake. Do me a favor and Find them on this list. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/law-rankings ...I'll wait...

Om law school has approximately 1/3rd State undergrads. The guy that will end up suing those douches on behalf of THIS VERY SITE...that raised the security issue to appear on Google Chrome, will very likely be a State grad that went to om law school. When you insult the law school as a whole you're insulting...again...a LOT of State grads!! It is the in-state law school, is ranked INFINITELY higher than MC, and is actually affordable to those of us who's mommies and daddies can't pay their tuition!

If you wanna take shots at the "om lawyers" in the Network or those that are helping out the NCAA case pro bono, I'll applaud the hell out of ya...but, don't take shots at State grads, especially when you, obviously really don't know what you're talking about

As much as I can't stand them, this is the truth. Same with DR's.

Use em for what u can use em for. And give back to MSU!

wasabaka
03-19-2017, 08:30 PM

I think we need Swami Dawg to translate each of Mimi's posts from now on, or at least provide a synopsis. Maybe some of us would be able to understand them better. :confused:

lamont
03-19-2017, 08:43 PM
I think we need Swami Dawg to translate each of Mimi's posts from now on, or at least provide a synopsis. Maybe some of us would be able to understand them better. :confused:

MiMi is a helluva an English teacher though

Mutt the Hoople
03-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Did you ask that snake eater for a girlscout cookie request sheet? Or about that limpwrist Bronze bruce statue?

Don't shoot me....I'm just a former National Guard 51-Tango (surveyor-soil sampler-CADD draftsman), and a member of the E-4 Mafia.
http://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/compositions/103815426/views/1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=2.png/the-e-4-mafia_design.png

Bodaski
03-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Im missing the 82nd airborne joke. My son fought in Iraq from 2004-2006 as a member of the 82nd airborne. You are more than welcome to ask him about a (1-foot) jump and hollorring airborne. Good luck to you with that. Why make fun of those that went to war to fight for our freedom. I choose to thank them and appreciate what they did or do, not make fun of them.

Mutt the Hoople
03-19-2017, 09:47 PM
people are making fun of the 101st (who was there at Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge, Hamburger Hill in Vietnam AND Iraq and Afghanistan), and you didn't have any problem with that....or people making fun of the green Berets, you had no problem with that.

Quit gravy-training on your son's exploits. If I wanted to do that, my dad (a retired Marine Corps Lt. Col.) served two tours in Vietnam, was awarded 46 air medals (You got an air medal when you completed 20 combat missions), the Distinguished Flying Cross, and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry....see, I can gravy-train off MY family's exploits as well....

Now, say some shit about the Marines.

mstatefan91
03-19-2017, 10:46 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Billy-D_Approves.gif

Corn Bread
03-19-2017, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=Corn Bread;721247]

Nice try, Tripp. You just proved to me that you are out of your league.

mstatefan91
03-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Nice try, Tripp. You just proved to me that you are out of your league.

Ultimate cop out post

The "I would destroy you, but you aren't worth it" argument.

Sure way to know that someone has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Mimi's Babies
03-20-2017, 06:53 AM

Thanks Random Poster..... This bunch will really LAUGH in the months to come.... I guess I could write a BOOK...... #HAILSTATE.... school calls....

WSOPdawg
03-20-2017, 08:29 AM
Thanks Random Poster..... This bunch will really LAUGH in the months to come.... I guess I could write a BOOK...... #HAILSTATE.... school calls....

Ding ding ding -- Mimi's Babies ===> Steve Robertson??? (She or he gonna be rich when that book comes out!!!).

Get'm Mimi.

1bigdawg
03-20-2017, 08:47 AM

The '70s: When the NCAA put us on probation, they also ruled Larry Gillard (sp?) ineligible. At that time, Miskelly's clothing store in Okolona (?) gave discounts to all college students. The NCAA claimed the discount he received was an illegal benefit. When State showed that all students at State and UNM got the discount, the NCAA documented that he got an extra $3.33 discount. State said that was not unusual, but the NCAA held their ground. They correctly "knew" that we were cheating our rears off at the time, but did not have other "proof." So they hung their hat on the $3.33 and declared Larry ineligible.

State went to court to get Larry reinstated and won the first round in local district court. Then we played him. When we lost on appeal, we had to forfeit all the games in which he played.

MedDawg
03-20-2017, 08:51 AM

Here's a recent article with a good summary: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/08/14/remembering-the-past-the-larry-gillard-discount-2/

Here are some from back then: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1978/05/25/miss-state-ruling-said-chilling/2f4986d1-6497-43e1-b7de-8fdbe6b8e985/?utm_term=.5df2490fb6f8

This WHOLE THING was over a $12 clothing discount. The storeowner had said publicly that the discount was available to all students, not just football players, but the NCAA would not let him testify. Then the US Congress started investigating the NCAA and found they were intimidating witnesses.

http://www.nytimes.com/1978/05/25/archives/ncaa-gets-warning-on-penalizing-miss-state-unhappy-with-penalty.html?_r=0

http://www.si.com/vault/1978/02/27/822422/the-ncaa-goes-on-the-defense-for-years-the-ncaa-like-the-fbi-was-immune-from-attack-but-it-now-is-facing-a-congressional-investigation-a-probing-preview-of-the-surprising-charges-and-countercharges-to-be-given-an-airing

Mimi's Babies
03-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Wow.... Thanks......

LockeDawg
03-20-2017, 11:04 AM
I love how Nick Saban and Bama will be the Collateral Damage in this whole saga. They are facing 21 Level 1's with LOIC, Failure to Monitor, and Academic Fraud, yet they are gunning to take down Bama with 'em. :lol:

Tripp McNeely
03-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Ultimate cop out post

The "I would destroy you, but you aren't worth it" argument.

Sure way to know that someone has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

^^^Was kinda thinking the same. Glad somebody else noticed. I think somebody is in over their head though.

Dawgowar
03-20-2017, 11:46 AM
I love how Nick Saban and Bama will be the Collateral Damage in this whole saga. They are facing 21 Level 1's with LOIC, Failure to Monitor, and Academic Fraud, yet they are gunning to take down Bama with 'em. :lol:

Misplaced anger. At some point their rank and file will direct their anger at the proper targets. Alas, there will likely be no Chancellor ready to eliminate their cigar boys and wannabe football power players. Our probation actually forced us to deal with Templeton and the old guard within a couple of years of probation. Unless the NCAA goes full metal SMU - which I don't see happening - the Bears will return to some modified version of their current M.O. in 4-8 years. At least though it they will be so low it will take them another 3-5 years after that to buy the interest of recruits effectively. (Unless they want to bring the NCAA down on them in a hurry)

Offshore Dawg
03-20-2017, 12:01 PM

Now don't expect Mimi to translate from "Redneck to English"

Mimi's Babies
03-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Now don't expect Mimi to translate from "Redneck to English"

Offshore dawg. IF you ONLY knew what I know and witnessed. #hailstate....

Mimi's Babies
03-20-2017, 04:18 PM
The '70s: When the NCAA put us on probation, they also ruled Larry Gillard (sp?) ineligible. At that time, Miskelly's clothing store in Okolona (?) gave discounts to all college students. The NCAA claimed the discount he received was an illegal benefit. When State showed that all students at State and UNM got the discount, the NCAA documented that he got an extra $3.33 discount. State said that was not unusual, but the NCAA held their ground. They correctly "knew" that we were cheating our rears off at the time, but did not have other "proof." So they hung their hat on the $3.33 and declared Larry ineligible.

State went to court to get Larry reinstated and won the first round in local district court. Then we played him. When we lost on appeal, we had to forfeit all the games in which he played.

Thank You for your information........

Mimi's Babies
03-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Here's a recent article with a good summary: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/08/14/remembering-the-past-the-larry-gillard-discount-2/

Here are some from back then: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1978/05/25/miss-state-ruling-said-chilling/2f4986d1-6497-43e1-b7de-8fdbe6b8e985/?utm_term=.5df2490fb6f8

This WHOLE THING was over a $12 clothing discount. The storeowner had said publicly that the discount was available to all students, not just football players, but the NCAA would not let him testify. Then the US Congress started investigating the NCAA and found they were intimidating witnesses.

http://www.nytimes.com/1978/05/25/archives/ncaa-gets-warning-on-penalizing-miss-state-unhappy-with-penalty.html?_r=0

http://www.si.com/vault/1978/02/27/822422/the-ncaa-goes-on-the-defense-for-years-the-ncaa-like-the-fbi-was-immune-from-attack-but-it-now-is-facing-a-congressional-investigation-a-probing-preview-of-the-surprising-charges-and-countercharges-to-be-given-an-airing

WOW Thanks so much.... this helps...