PDA

View Full Version : Pilk is great but...

preachermatt83
03-17-2017, 09:28 PM
I'd move him to Saturday's... we are gonna waste his great performances all year bc we will not hit Friday night guys in the Sec.

msstate7
03-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Sunday probably the safer bet

raymond21
03-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Agree with Sunday

MaroonFlounder
03-17-2017, 09:32 PM
This may be a sweep. Yes, Pilk will have an ERA at or below 2.00 and a record of 3-9

Commercecomet24
03-17-2017, 09:35 PM
That's a good idea. Sunday would be better.

ScottH
03-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Need to be mindful of his pitch counts.

I'd like to have him on Fridays next year not rehabbing.

Todd4State
03-18-2017, 12:31 AM
Let's see how the rest of the weekend goes. I don't like "conceding" the first game of any series no matter what the situation. The other thing is a lot of SEC aces pitch on Saturday's now for some teams so it may not be a lot to gain there.

shoeless joe
03-18-2017, 06:05 AM
Let's see how the rest of the weekend goes. I don't like "conceding" the first game of any series no matter what the situation. The other thing is a lot of SEC aces pitch on Saturday's now for some teams so it may not be a lot to gain there.

Agree. He gives us a shot to steal one on Friday. Then if we can get a good outing from one of the other two starters we win a series.

The Federalist Engineer
03-18-2017, 09:48 AM
Agree: since every pitcher he faces will have a career night and smash personal Strikeout records, it makes zero sense to cancel out his efforts. Blaine Knight will probably get SEC pitcher of the Week for dominating us. Poche will get a 1st round grade for no-hitting us and striking out 21.

preachermatt83
03-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Agree: since every pitcher he faces will have a career night and smash personal Strikeout records, it makes zero sense to cancel out his efforts. Blaine Knight will probably get SEC pitcher of the Week for dominating us. Poche will get a 1st round grade for no-hitting us and striking out 21.

This

tcdog70
03-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Why is it written in stone you have to pitch you ace on Friday? In some cases it is better to save Him for Sunday. If we had a team that was scoring lots of runs , Friday would be good. I like Plum on Sat. And Pilk on Sunday and take our chance on Friday.

preachermatt83
03-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Why is it written in stone you have to pitch you ace on Friday? In some cases it is better to save Him for Sunday. If we had a team that was scoring lots of runs , Friday would be good. I like Plum on Sat. And Pilk on Sunday and take our chance on Friday.
I agree completely

somebodyshotmypaw
03-18-2017, 01:25 PM

Coaches are generally careful of this because you don't want a rainout and only play two games of a series and your ace pitcher never takes the mound.

bulldogcountry1
03-18-2017, 01:50 PM
It's a slippery slope. What kind of message does it send your team to essentially concede every Friday game? I don't know how a coach could sell that strategy, especially a month into the season.

msstate7
03-18-2017, 02:08 PM
It's a slippery slope. What kind of message does it send your team to essentially concede every Friday game? I don't know how a coach could sell that strategy, especially a month into the season.

Cohen did it with graveman in '13

Todd4State
03-18-2017, 02:36 PM

What? We started Lindgren on Saturdays and intended to start Woodruff on Fridays. When Lindgren struggled we moved Graveman up.

msstate7
03-18-2017, 02:52 PM
What? We started Lindgren on Saturdays and intended to start Woodruff on Fridays. When Lindgren struggled we moved Graveman up.

Look again... starting march 30th, graveman threw 3 straight complete games on Saturdays vs ark, Florida, and aTm. Luis pollorana was Friday

Todd4State
03-18-2017, 03:05 PM
That's what I said- when Lindgren struggled we moved Graveman up to Saturday.

msstate7
03-18-2017, 03:10 PM
That's what I said- when Lindgren struggled we moved Graveman up to Saturday.

So, you agree that Cohen pitched graveman on saturdays? Good, we agree

Todd4State
03-18-2017, 03:24 PM
So, you agree that Cohen pitched graveman on saturdays? Good, we agree

I never disagreed about Graveman moving up obviously. It's still different and I disagree with your overall opinion. We moved Graveman up because he did well. Not because we pussed out because we didn't think we would any games on Friday.

preachermatt83
03-18-2017, 03:46 PM

Who cares what message it sends. We can't hit ace pitching. The kids aren't idiots. They know that. We can't keep wasting Pilk great performances. Period.

bulldogcountry1
03-18-2017, 06:14 PM

Cohen always liked to pitch our best guy on Saturday because we had such a deep pen. That played to our strength by allowing us to pitch some of the bullpen guys like Mitchell Friday and Sunday. If we still had Smith and Rigby, then we might could pull that off. We don't. We are just hoping that Pilk and Plum eat as many innings as possible so we can at least get to Sunday with some fresh arms.