PDA

View Full Version : Vandy

msstate7
03-16-2017, 05:37 PM
May be smart book wise, but dang, they stupid on the court

smootness
03-16-2017, 05:42 PM
Second time today a team has been down 1 and jacked up a 3 with time to set up something else. Kids trying to be the hero. Stupid.

Ari Gold
03-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Well at least Fisher Davis didn't call timeout...

Dawg61
03-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Well at least Fisher Davis didn't call timeout...

I think Fisher Davis intentionally fouling up 1 point with 12 seconds left is more stupid than Chris Webber calling timeout. Webber's teammates were yelling at him to call timeout from the bench atleast. Both are monumentally stupid plays

RocketDawg
03-16-2017, 06:18 PM
May be smart book wise, but dang, they stupid on the court

As I said on the other board ... the intelligence of athletes at "smart" schools isn't necessarily representative of the rest of the student body.

Didn't Vandy's athletes at one time, and may still do, actually attend another school, maybe Peabody? And Tulane has/had a place for athletes called Tulane College? Different entrance and "stick around" academic requirements.

smootness
03-17-2017, 07:46 AM
Webber's was worse simply because it ended the game. Vandy still had 17 seconds and needed just one point to at least send it to OT. I agree they were similarly dumb, but Fisher-Davis' foul didn't lose them that game any more than the incredibly stupid decision to just stand there and then jack up a 30-footer with 6 seconds left lost them the game.