PDA

View Full Version : Fred Ross Boss to Cowboys?

Dawg61
03-16-2017, 04:29 PM
DCFF instagram page saying the Cowboys might be targeting Fred Ross for their 6th round pick. That's awesome but I can't help but wonder why Bear Wilson can't land anywhere. He was money on back shoulder throws, inside the redzone and blocking. DeRunnya Wilson is good enough to be playing in the NFL right now.

FISHDAWG
03-16-2017, 04:44 PM
DCFF instagram page saying the Cowboys might be targeting Fred Ross for their 6th round pick. That's awesome but I can't help but wonder why Bear Wilson can't land anywhere. He was money on back shoulder throws, inside the redzone and blocking. DeRunnya Wilson is good enough to be playing in the NFL right now.

seems like I read here a while back that Bear had signed on with the Chicago Bears ... maybe for their practice team. Have no idea if he's still there. Would love to see Dak to Fred Ross again

defiantdog
03-16-2017, 04:49 PM
Bear wasn't ready for the NFL.... not many pro teams take on project athletes anymore.

RocketDawg
03-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Bear wasn't ready for the NFL.... not many pro teams take on project athletes anymore.

Neither was Dak, or so they thought.

PassInterference
03-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Bear was very raw. He didn't catch the ball with his hands. That's like a CPA that can't use a computer.

Liverpooldawg
03-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Bear didn't have the speed for the NFL.

Dallas_Dawg
03-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Draft projections are more worthless than presidential projections

Commercecomet24
03-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Bears 4.8-4.9 forty don't work in the NFL. There's defensive linemen that fast or faster.

PassInterference
03-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Who the **** was Bear listening to when he left school early? He should sue whatever agent gave him that advice.

deltadawg99
03-16-2017, 11:42 PM
Surely Ross won't be around in the 6th round right?

Bear's mind was made up going into his junior season. He was a freak athlete, but needed another year to work on the little things. I had read somewhere that he wasn't 100% healthy during the combine and pro day, which resulted in the lack luster performance.

I'm surprised he isn't playing in the CFL.

Madisonmd
03-17-2017, 05:51 AM
Wilson off the field antics killed his chances. No one will touch him.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-17-2017, 07:34 AM

I want to say I heard a story about him pissing on someone at a bar.

Doggie_Style
03-17-2017, 08:40 AM

...but you screw one goat!

BB30
03-17-2017, 08:44 AM
If he had just used his hands and learned how to high point a ball he would be on a roster right now regardless of speed. He really needed another year to work on some of those things. He also wasn't just a terrific route runner. So a lack of speed + average to below average route runner= tough to get open and create space in the NFL.

Political Hack
03-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Who the **** was Bear listening to when he left school early? He should sue whatever agent gave him that advice.

Probably can't get much from suing his family.

I believe C34 owes me a case of beer on this one. I said Bear wouldn't catch a pass in the NFL his first season out, and I legitimately wanted to be wrong. But a big body that doesn't extend his hands to catch the ball and runs slower than TEs isn't going to be successful in the NFL. It's just not in the cards. If he had stayed and really went to work improving his hands, catching the ball away from his body, and working on his explosiveness he would've had a shot to make it.

Think back to his days in Starkville. Everyone was worried about the fade to him but he never caught fades. It was always back shoulder throws, where he could turn and use his body to block the defender and catch the ball. He had a lot to work on but it was easy for him to be productive without working because Dak was dropping dimes the whole time he was here.

maroonmania
03-17-2017, 09:52 AM
If he had just used his hands and learned how to high point a ball he would be on a roster right now regardless of speed. He really needed another year to work on some of those things. He also wasn't just a terrific route runner. So a lack of speed + average to below average route runner= tough to get open and create space in the NFL.

Sitting here thinking, its just amazing all of the things that we now critique Wilson on and say well, he wasn't good at this and he wasn't good at that, yet he still was the most productive wide receiver we've had under Mullen, even including Ross.

deltadawg99
03-17-2017, 09:59 AM
It's hard not to wonder how different the season could have been this year if Bear & Beniquez don't make bonehead decisions and turn pro early. Throw that in to Fred Brown not getting kicked out of school.

Johnson85
03-17-2017, 10:04 AM
It's hard not to wonder how different the season could have been this year if Bear & Beniquez don't make bonehead decisions and turn pro early. Throw that in to Fred Brown not getting kicked out of school.

Don't think Beniquez belongs in there. He had graduated and my understanding is he wanted to take his shot and either make it or move on. Can't say I blame him. You only have so many years to play regardless, and I don't think I'd want to come out at 23, then spend a few years chasing the dream while on practice squads, and then have to start a real career at that point. It's only one year and with the benefit of hindsight, it's really not that big of a deal to delay your career one year, but I can remember wanting a 5th year victory lap during undergrad, but also wanting to make some money and start a career more.