PDA

View Full Version : State alum Van Chancellor's take on Vic Schaefer's team...

Rick Cleveland
03-16-2017, 01:49 PM
http://mississippitoday.org/2017/03/16/state-faces-toughest-draw-in-ncaa-tournament/

msbulldog
03-16-2017, 06:19 PM
I always loved Van (MSU alum) even though he always coached teams (college) we played against. Always loved his interviews (down home Mississippi) and I bet ya'll did too. Thanks for the story Rick, as always an excellent read.

Liverpooldawg
03-16-2017, 06:27 PM
I've been looking at the teams coming to MSU. If we get by Troy, which ever one of the other two we face will be very tough, DePaul esp. This ain't a sure thing like I and most assumed when we were made a 2 seed.

notsofarawaydawg
03-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Van's a dear friend of mine. He's a classy person and knows good basketball when he sees it.

louisvilledawg
03-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Van's a dear friend of mine. He's a classy person and knows good basketball when he sees it.

I hear he's from a pretty cool town :cool:

smootness
03-17-2017, 10:45 AM
Chancellor said right there why we really can't beat UConn. They are going to score, so you have to be able to score to beat them. Look at all the truly elite women's teams, and they can all score in bunches.

Schaefer has done an incredible job to get us where we are as a tough, defensive-minded team. It would really help us if we could make a Final 4 run, but I think we've gotten the program to the point where we can recruit some legit scorers, and that's what we'll need to take that next step.

tcdog70
03-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Chancellor said right there why we really can't beat UConn. They are going to score, so you have to be able to score to beat them. Look at all the truly elite women's teams, and they can all score in bunches.

Schaefer has done an incredible job to get us where we are as a tough, defensive-minded team. It would really help us if we could make a Final 4 run, but I think we've gotten the program to the point where we can recruit some legit scorers, and that's what we'll need to take that next step.

i think VV has to get her offense going and also Ro JO will have to score for Us to have a chance. Ro Johnson is instant offense and Vic should set Her up.