PDA

View Full Version : We have learned the OM investigation

EliteLeaks
03-15-2017, 10:55 AM
continues on and is indeed not over contrary to what Lying Ross said in the hostage video. I repeat:

The Ole Miss investigation is not over. Interviews about violations have taken place over the last week. This part of the investigation intends to hammer them for violations under "repeat offender" status. Ole Miss trying to hold on to Hugh Freeze may end up causing them the death penalty.

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 11:08 AM
Hugh must truly have them by the ying yang. Firing may not even be an option.

TrapGame
03-15-2017, 11:18 AM
The NCAA is going for the death penalty. We will be the LSU of Mississippi in a few years.

Martianlander
03-15-2017, 11:18 AM

This^^^^^

starkvegasdawg
03-15-2017, 11:20 AM
http://columbuspublishinglab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/finally-published.gif

SouthMSDog
03-15-2017, 11:24 AM
The NCAA is going for the death penalty. We will be the LSU of Mississippi in a few years.

So Arkansas?

Tripp McNeely
03-15-2017, 11:34 AM
So Arkansas?

The State of MS has an INSANELY deeper recruiting base than AR. So, probably an AR/LSU-hybrid

The Federalist Engineer
03-15-2017, 11:47 AM
So Arkansas?

Not Arkansas..like LSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio State...thing big

thf24
03-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Unless we significantly change our message and sales pitch, I just don't see our in-state recruiting exploding in the next few years as a result of OM being severely crippled/dead as many seem to think it will. I think we'll probably get 2-3 guys a year who would have gone to OM under normal circumstances, but I think it's more likely the majority of those players end up at an out-of-state school with a similar profile and personality to OM. Not saying having drastically less in-state competition won't help us, I just don't think it'll be the dawning of a golden recruiting age for us as many seem to believe it will.

Johnson85
03-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Unless we significantly change our message and sales pitch, I just don't see our in-state recruiting exploding in the next few years as a result of OM being severely crippled/dead as many seem to think it will. I think we'll probably get 2-3 guys a year who would have gone to OM under normal circumstances, but I think it's more likely the majority of those players end up at an out-of-state school with a similar profile and personality to OM. Not saying having drastically less in-state competition won't help us, I just don't think it'll be the dawning of a golden recruiting age for us as many seem to believe it will.

We have been two to three guys a way from being a top 5 or 10 team several times under Dan. Just several years where we've been pretty good at most places but had one to three major, major holes. Usually either one OL short, or one good pass rusher from being good, or a safety missing. You start taking thsoe years and turn them into top 15 or better years, and we will get a lot more competitive in recruiting, even if we stay in our lane as far as extra benefits.

beretta
03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
I'd love to see this gain some traction on twitter.....its been pretty boring lately.....anyway we can find out who has been interviewed recently? Im ready for this to start back up

thf24
03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
We have been two to three guys a way from being a top 5 or 10 team several times under Dan. Just several years where we've been pretty good at most places but had one to three major, major holes. Usually either one OL short, or one good pass rusher from being good, or a safety missing. You start taking thsoe years and turn them into top 15 or better years, and we will get a lot more competitive in recruiting, even if we stay in our lane as far as extra benefits.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Like I said, I think OM being practically out of the picture will help us for sure. I just think the "LSU of Mississippi" talk in terms of recruiting itself is reaching a little.

TrapGame
03-15-2017, 12:08 PM
So Arkansas?

**** no! We have way more talent than Arkansas. We will dominate recruiting in MS and peel off a few stud players from other states to round out classes.

It will be glorious.

msstate7
03-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah, absolutely. Like I said, I think OM being practically out of the picture will help us for sure. I just think the "LSU of Mississippi" talk in terms of recruiting itself is reaching a little.

Bama has been raiding Louisiana pretty regularly lately haven't they? I think the fence lsu once had around Louisiana has a hole in on the east side

MetEdDawg
03-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Bama has been raiding Louisiana pretty regularly lately haven't they? I think the fence lsu once had around Louisiana has a hole in on the east side

In 2016 they actually did a great job of keeping top talent. 9 out of the Top 10 and 12 of the top 16 in the state went to LSU. Bama has raided the top rated talent, but a lot of other schools raided some middle tier talent that turned out to be pretty good. Obviously we have Dak and J Rob with track records, but now Keytaon is a big fish we took.

For the 2017 class, LSU only kept 3 of the top 10 in state. That's a bad trend for them. If that continues, they will be in big trouble. They can get national talent, but they are deep in Louisiana. Losing top talent to competitors would not be good for them long term.

AlSwearengen
03-15-2017, 12:20 PM
I think it was pretty telling when ole miss had a rash of decommits from several highly rated players that had committed to them early in this previous class. Especially with news coming out about Willie Gay being interviewed, considering he is in State's backyard.

Couple that with the smoke about the ncaa snooping around car dealerships over the last month and I'm not surprised at all.

Dawgface
03-15-2017, 12:23 PM
Amazing if that happens. It's going to be glorious to see the reaction of my OM friends if they get the DP.

HSVDawg
03-15-2017, 12:25 PM
**** no! We have way more talent than Arkansas. We will dominate recruiting in MS and peel off a few stud players from other states to round out classes.

It will be glorious.

The gap in talent produced between Louisiana and MS is light years bigger than between MS and Arkansas. Louisiana has 1.6 million more people than Mississippi. Mississippi has about 14,000 more people than Arkansas. Arkansas is and always will be a more valid comparison. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Activated Alpha
03-15-2017, 12:26 PM
Oh please oh please let this be true

TrapGame
03-15-2017, 12:33 PM
The gap in talent produced between Louisiana and MS is light years bigger than between MS and Arkansas. Louisiana has over double the population of Mississippi. Mississippi has something like 1.1 times the population of Arkansas. Arkansas is and always will be a more valid comparison. Sorry to burst your bubble.

My point is we won't be fighting om over the vast majority of talent in MS. We get 9-10 of the dandy dozen every year and some equal or better talent from other more populace states like LA, AL and FLA and we will be ahead of Arkansas.

Maroon bubbles don't burst brah!***

Boodawg
03-15-2017, 12:36 PM
http://gridironnow.com/sec-schools-ncaa-violations/

Sorry if germans, but this is the 1st time I've come across this article.

Interesting that they were mentioning the DP for Bama years ago. I thought they always just slapped Bama on the wrist.***

Percho
03-15-2017, 12:40 PM

What do you think our, "sales pitch," and "profile," should be?

HSVDawg
03-15-2017, 12:48 PM

I think our biggest concern at this point is that with OM down, out of state programs will now view Mississippi as open season again. When State and OM were both good (going to bowls every year), between the two of us we were able to keep 85-90% of the top talent in-state. Being that there isn't a lot of talent in MS to begin with compared to other states in the southeast, it wasn't worth it for neighboring schools to invest significant recruiting resources in Mississippi to fight with two in-state schools over just a handful of prospects. 50% of that equation is now gone for the near future, so you can bet your ass that those neighboring states are about to ramp up their efforts in the Magnolia state. And that doesn't just mean more trips by the coaching staffs of those schools. Recruiting is a zero sum game. When there is a vacuum in a particular area, its going to be filled by someone or multiple someones who aren't currently big players in that location.

So, long story short, we as a program can't just kick back and expect to start adding guys we haven't had available in the past just because of the situation at OM. This is when we have to put forth more effort and coordination into our recruiting than ever before. That is the only way we are going to take advantage of this early Christmas present from the NCAA.

1bigdawg
03-15-2017, 12:50 PM

It is not just the 2-3 guys we would get, it would also eliminate their negative recruiting over time. That would pay huge dividends both in and out of state.

I still don't believe the death penalty will happen, but it would be a game changer if it did.

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 12:57 PM

With essentially no competition within the state, I think it's quite possible we could be on that level. Sure, we've lost some good playeres to LSU over time, but we've also picked up a few from Louisiana that are pretty good ... a fella who plays for Dallas comes to mind, as well as a freshman QB we have sitting in the wings. Alabama is our big competition for top quality players, and there's no way of stopping that as long as Saban or an equivalent is there, and as long as their dominatiing reputation is maintained.

WSOPdawg
03-15-2017, 01:05 PM

2-3 guys a year is 8-12 guys on a team over a 4-year cycle, and could nicely supplement the talent crop we already get. Sure we may still lose the state's top LB to Bama, but the #2-rated LB that would've gone to TCUN over us is no longer an option. TCUN getting hammered into oblivion & becoming extinct (think dinosaurs, 8-track tapes, alcatraz, big-box TVs, jam boxes from the 80s) is a good thing for us!!!

lamont
03-15-2017, 01:05 PM
It is not just the 2-3 guys we would get, it would also eliminate their negative recruiting over time. That would pay huge dividends both in and out of state.

I still don't believe the death penalty will happen, but it would be a game changer if it did.

I never thought the DP was possible either- and its not from the amended NOA. But if they find more shit after the amended NOA- I think it 100% comes into play

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 01:11 PM
I never thought the DP was possible either- and its not from the amended NOA. But if they find more shit after the amended NOA- I think it 100% comes into play

Based on recent articles, it sorta sounds like it might very well be in play. And the OM administration seems to think so too, based on what Bjork said in the announcement a couple of weeks ago. They're pretty much running scared right now.

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 01:13 PM
http://gridironnow.com/sec-schools-ncaa-violations/

Sorry if germans, but this is the 1st time I've come across this article.

Interesting that they were mentioning the DP for Bama years ago. I thought they always just slapped Bama on the wrist.***

I've never seen that article before either. It was quite interesting, and I saw some situations mentioned that I didn't know about. For one, I didn't realize we had taken the NCAA to court in the '70s, and lost. Apparenty the NCAA doesn't take being sued lightly.

MadDawg
03-15-2017, 01:20 PM
continues on and is indeed not over contrary to what Lying Ross said in the hostage video. I repeat:

The Ole Miss investigation is not over. Interviews about violations have taken place over the last week. This part of the investigation intends to hammer them for violations under "repeat offender" status. Ole Miss trying to hold on to Hugh Freeze may end up causing them the death penalty.

Are we sure these are NCAA investigations/interviews? Or could they be the 3rd party variety preparing om's defense?

gtowndawg
03-15-2017, 01:22 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/bd8e41a65f1cd893bbad0fb557baebc8/tumblr_o7bsvhT1qf1uw5lqlo1_250.gif

lastmajordog
03-15-2017, 01:23 PM

BulldogBear
03-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Amazing if that happens. It's going to be glorious to see the reaction of my OM friends if they get the DP.

I think they will and then they will claim they never cared about football. Question is does the SEC kick them out? I'd love to see them gone to CUSA but also wonder who they'd be replaced with. May be better to keep a crappy Ole Miss around. Time will tell.

Reason2succeed
03-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the OM DP party. I've been here for over a year and it's a lot of fun.

https://media.giphy.com/media/2aAcLrYtiX8YM/giphy.gif

1bigdawg
03-15-2017, 01:29 PM
I think they will and then they will claim they never cared about football. Question is does the SEC kick them out? I'd love to see them gone to CUSA but also wonder who they'd be replaced with. May be better to keep a crappy Ole Miss around. Time will tell.

In the unlikely event that they get the DP, I believe the SEC will kick them out. Having two teams in a state our size does not add to the media market.

WSOPdawg
03-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the OM DP party. I've been here for over a year and it's a lot of fun.

Don't make me go back to this time last year and pull up old posts, Reason. I'm right there with ya at the OM DP party!!!

Sacrifice
03-15-2017, 01:37 PM

This is my dream, I know it probably won't happen but whoever decided to put 2 SEC schools in this small state should've been taken out back and pistol whipped! It doomed us to mediocrity.

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 01:42 PM
This is my dream, I know it probably won't happen but whoever decided to put 2 SEC schools in this small state should've been taken out back and pistol whipped! It doomed us to mediocrity.

Both schools were charter members so it's understandable. No one had any idea how the conference would grow with time. I'd have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that both Louisiana and Georgia had two teams at the time (Tulane and Ga Tech) but both of them left. Not sure about Florida.

BeastMan
03-15-2017, 01:42 PM
If they investigate until the COI hearing, is it the NCAA saying that this is what your life will be like should you keep Freeze through a show cause?

starkvegasdawg
03-15-2017, 01:49 PM

Make some room in that conga line. SVD is bringing his no rhythm fat white ass over.

Liverpooldawg
03-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Both schools were charter members so it's understandable. No one had any idea how the conference would grow with time. I'd have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that both Louisiana and Georgia had two teams at the time (Tulane and Ga Tech) but both of them left. Not sure about Florida.

Florida was the only charter member in that state. Sewanee was the other charter member that dropped out.

Johnson85
03-15-2017, 01:54 PM
The gap in talent produced between Louisiana and MS is light years bigger than between MS and Arkansas. Louisiana has 1.6 million more people than Mississippi. Mississippi has about 14,000 more people than Arkansas. Arkansas is and always will be a more valid comparison. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Arkansas may be a more valid comparison, but comparing Arkansas' population to Mississippi's population probably isn't the way to do the comparison. Some states produce way more talent per capita than others. Louisiana is one of them. Mississippi is also one of them, although maybe not to the extent of Louisiana. Pretty sure Arkansas is not one of them although not positive.

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2017, 02:12 PM
Arkansas may be a more valid comparison, but comparing Arkansas' population to Mississippi's population probably isn't the way to do the comparison. Some states produce way more talent per capita than others. Louisiana is one of them. Mississippi is also one of them, although maybe not to the extent of Louisiana. Pretty sure Arkansas is not one of them although not positive.

Per capita, MS is one of the top producing states of NFL players.

GTHOM
03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. NCAA has said multiple times they would likely never give the DP again. It would be a hell of a year but on the other hand, do we want them to get the DP? Or do we want them to get hammered thus we hammer them for 5-10 years consistently every November? Tough decision

Boodawg
03-15-2017, 02:31 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. NCAA has said multiple times they would likely never give the DP again. It would be a hell of a year but on the other hand, do we want them to get the DP? Or do we want them to get hammered thus we hammer them for 5-10 years consistently every November? Tough decision

Ummmm....I will go with DP. If they got the DP we wouldn't get to play them for 1-2 years, but then once they are allowed to play again, it would be 5-10 years before they are relevant. Unless they go all in again, in which case they would surely get kicked out of SEC at that point.

starkvegasdawg
03-15-2017, 02:38 PM

I would love the death penalty just to have that stigma permantly attached to those pricks.

lamont
03-15-2017, 02:40 PM

The NCAA has given the death penalty to multiple schools in other sports numerous times in the last 10 years

Boodawg
03-15-2017, 02:45 PM
What is normal punishment for DP? I know they shut down your program, but for how long normally, 1yr, 2yrs?

TrapGame
03-15-2017, 02:45 PM

If the NCAA is still investigating them after an LOIC in NOA numero dos then they are building a death penalty case. They already have enough to make om suffer for ten years. They're going in for the kill.

Boodawg
03-15-2017, 02:48 PM
This is what Wikipedia said about SMU DP, "To date, it is one of the most severe penalties ever imposed on a Division I program, and the only time the NCAA has canceled a football-playing school's entire season at any level." Not sure if correct as Wiki can be wrong, but that's what it says.

1bigdawg
03-15-2017, 03:07 PM
Ummmm....I will go with DP. If they got the DP we wouldn't get to play them for 1-2 years, but then once they are allowed to play again, it would be 5-10 years before they are relevant. Unless they go all in again, in which case they would surely get kicked out of SEC at that point.

If they get the DP, the SEC will throw them out to protect the conference's "integrity." Coincidentally, they will recruit a school that adds tv eyeballs.

lamont
03-15-2017, 03:07 PM
Yes- only time in football. But it has been done in other sports

Jack Lambert
03-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Per capita, MS is one of the top producing states of NFL players.

I hope I don't get banned for this but look at the demographics of the NFL then compare it to the demographics of Arkansas, Louisiana and then Mississippi. There has to be a correlation to the per ca pita.

HSVDawg
03-15-2017, 03:39 PM

Per capita, MS does produce more talent. There are about 15-20 legit Power 5 players per year from MS. Arkansas is probably in the neighborhood of 13-18 per year. By contrast, Louisiana is at about 35-40 per year. Thats a big "per capita" difference between MS and Arkansas, but not a large overall difference because the population of the 2 states is basically identical. And then there is a considerable gap between both of those and Louisiana.

dawgoneyall
03-15-2017, 04:04 PM

Mississippi has much better talent than Ark regardless of numbers

Reason2succeed
03-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Hey!!! Y'all are so Mississippi State! You just got word that OM, those cheating bastard up north are still being investigated and may be facing a DP but you are arguing over the NFL players per capita and whether or not we will benefit from this. CAN WE JUST STOP AND ENJOY THEIR MISERY?!?!?

Cue the Hey Hugh video!!!!
Someone upload Colonel Reb is Crying!
I want to hear "The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down!"

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2017, 04:07 PM

Has any school ever been under HEAVY investigation and kept on buying players like nothing was wrong? AJ shows up with a brand new Charger at Starkville High School while the NCAA is still all over UNM. I doubt SMU was being investigated and still pulling in a top 10 class. UNM is purely banking on building up their image as a top 5 recruiting school and then they can just ride out the penalties. If there was ever a school showing LOIC over breaking the rules, it is now.

UNM is that guy who gets hit with a DUI and is out on bond then shows up Drunk as Hell and High on Peyote doing doughnuts in an Elementary School parking lot. The dumb sons of bitches think they can get away with it because they will "sue the NCAA".

GTHOM
03-15-2017, 04:39 PM

Valid point didnt think about post DP

GTHOM
03-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Has any school ever been under HEAVY investigation and kept on buying players like nothing was wrong? AJ shows up with a brand new Charger at Starkville High School while the NCAA is still all over UNM. I doubt SMU was being investigated and still pulling in a top 10 class. UNM is purely banking on building up their image as a top 5 recruiting school and then they can just ride out the penalties. If there was ever a school showing LOIC over breaking the rules, it is now.

UNM is that guy who gets hit with a DUI and is out on bond then shows up Drunk as Hell and High on Peyote doing doughnuts in an Elementary School parking lot. The dumb sons of bitches think they can get away with it because they will "sue the NCAA".

I'll quote the 30 for 30 on SMU when a booster said ''once you start the payments you cant just stop''

WSOPdawg
03-15-2017, 04:58 PM
I'll quote the 30 for 30 on SMU when a booster said ''once you start the payments you cant just stop''

Yep, pretty much true because everybody on the take will be talking to the NCAA if the payments stop.

And if the NCAA realizes the true magnitude of the Network's actions, they may conclude the ONLY corrective course of action is to shut the Network down (especially if they've been caught again after last year's NOA). They're done!!!

99jc
03-15-2017, 05:00 PM

Investigation into 2 hotels one in Jackson and one on the Gulf coast....plus questions have arose over some charter fishing boats. Which is the 1st I heard of this last week. Ole miss is up to their nose in shit and can't keep their mouths shut. Those arrogant stupid bastards.

Mobile Bay
03-15-2017, 05:05 PM
In the unlikely event that they get the DP, I believe the SEC will kick them out. Having two teams in a state our size does not add to the media market.

The last thing I want is the SEC to kick them out. because then we won't get years of beating them into oblivion.

Mobile Bay
03-15-2017, 05:09 PM
Whatever happened with the guy who testified in open court he was letting TCSUN players use his house in Ocean Springs for free?

starkvegasdawg
03-15-2017, 05:10 PM
The last thing I want is the SEC to kick them out. because then we won't get years of beating them into oblivion.

But just think. Then they can cheat their way to a 10 win season so they can go to the Podunk bowl as Sunbelt Champions.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2017, 05:11 PM
In my best waterboy voice "Momma, Hugh freeze is the devil!"

Goldendawg
03-15-2017, 05:19 PM
In response to the idea that we might vet their "clean players" if many are allowed to transfer and the SMU quote, "once you start paying them, you can't quit", how do you have any clean players in a situation like this? People talk. Don't you think most or all their players knew who was getting added benefits and how much? Unless it was just a player's lifetime dream to be a reb, wouldn't you have to sweeten the pot for most if not all in some way to prevent a mutiny in the ranks.

Jack Lambert
03-15-2017, 05:28 PM
But just think. Then they can cheat their way to a 10 win season so they can go to the Podunk bowl as Sunbelt Champions.

We would probably play them but we would also pick up OK when they replaced them.

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-15-2017, 06:00 PM
The latest problem is not in stopping paying the players currently on the roster. That is no problem. You just keep paying them and they keep their mouth shut....unless you're a dumbass like Tunsil. Where the rebs screwed up is in trying to buy new players not currently on the roster while the NCAA was in the next room watching every move they made.

blacklistedbully
03-15-2017, 06:29 PM

Yes, LSU & Tulane, UGA & GT, but consider Tennessee....they had 3, including Vandy & Sewanee.

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 06:34 PM
Yes, LSU & Tulane, UGA & GT, but consider Tennessee....they had 3, including Vandy & Sewanee.

Yes, I totally forgot about Sewanee. If they'd stayed, at least the SEC would truly have a school with one of the most beautiful campuses in the country.

Gotta wonder why Sewanee was ever involved though ... small school, etc. Maybe they were a powerhouse back then ... I have no idea.

blacklistedbully
03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Yes, I totally forgot about Sewanee. If they'd stayed, at least the SEC would truly have a school with one of the most beautiful campuses in the country.

Gotta wonder why Sewanee was ever involved though ... small school, etc. Maybe they were a powerhouse back then ... I have no idea.

From Wiki:
The Sewanee Tigers were pioneers in American intercollegiate athletics and possessed the Deep South's preeminent football program in the 1890s. Ellwood Wilson is considered the "founder of Sewanee football."[2] Their 1899 football team had perhaps the best season in college football history, winning all 12 of their games, 11 by shutout, and outscoring their opponents 322-10. Five of those wins, all shutouts, came in a six-day period while on a 2,500-mile (4,000 km) trip by train. Ten of their twelve opponents, including all five of their road trip victims, remain major college football powers to this day.[3] In 2012, the College Football Hall of Fame held a vote of the greatest historic teams of all time, where the 1899 Iron Men beat the 1961 Alabama Crimson Tide as the greatest team of all time.

Sewanee was a charter member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association in 1894, and also a charter member of the Southeastern Conference upon its formation in 1932, but by this time its athletic program had declined precipitously and Sewanee never won a conference football game in the eight years it was an SEC member. The Tigers were shut out 26 times in their 37 SEC games, and were outscored by a combined total of 1163–84.

msbulldog
03-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Hell Yeah! +1

Todd4State
03-15-2017, 06:47 PM
I think it's pretty clear that the NCAA is gunning for the death penalty if all of this is true. And since it's not from anyone associated with Ole Miss I have no reason to believe it isn't. If they are going to give a major football program in a power five conference the death penalty they are going to make DARN sure that there is good cause for it even though I technically know that they could get it now. A major NOA, an addendum to that first NOA for a grand total of 21 level one violations plus now possibly a second NOA with infractions occurring while they were under investigation with the same football staff- it would be hard for anyone that isn't Archie Manning to argue against it.

It might be inevitable anyway- they are so deep in the Network that they are going to live and die by them so it's either keep cheating and run the risk of getting the death penalty or fire Freeze and then he rolls on them which also might get them the death penalty.

Not a good situation to be in. But I kind of am looking forward to playing USM in the Egg Bowl for a couple of years.

GTHOM
03-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Heres my thing, SMU got the DP after being hit twice and already receiving a bowl ban. Remember the ''Polyester Bowl'' against UPig. Not saying it couldnt happen, and I know Freeze has been hit before so I get the repeat offender. If they really kept on keeping on while the NCAA was in oxford.........thats all I have to say about that

MedDawg
03-15-2017, 07:15 PM
I've never seen that article before either. It was quite interesting, and I saw some situations mentioned that I didn't know about. For one, I didn't realize we had taken the NCAA to court in the '70s, and lost. Apparenty the NCAA doesn't take being sued lightly.

An Oktibbeha County judge initially ruled in favor of MSU, then the Mississippi Supreme Court, full of OM alums, overruled in favor of the NCAA.

Mimi's Babies
03-15-2017, 07:21 PM

IF the dates that were given in the "video bomb" were correct... Then NOTHING reported in February 2016 would have been included... There fore...... Bring ON.... NOA #3......

Dawgology
03-15-2017, 07:47 PM
I've been telling y'all they are getting kicked out of the SEC. I'm a regular Brostradamus!

IMissJack
03-15-2017, 07:59 PM
So Arkansas?

Take Texas recruiting away from Arkansas, and they would be in trouble.

Political Hack
03-15-2017, 08:04 PM

Maybe, maybe not. 3-4 extra big time players staying home to play would be ~9 more big time contributors each season. That's a lot of help. A lot of extra competition in practice. A lot of depth for those that we do "miss" on. We're not far away from being a top half SEC West program and this would definitely be a step in the right direction. Just leveling the playing field in recruiting inside the state would be a HUGE boost, not even considering if Ole Miss was just completely removed from consideration.

IMissJack
03-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Take Texas recruiting away from Arkansas, and they would be in trouble.

ETA: This is one of the reasons that ARK loves playing aTm in Dallas every year.

Bully13
03-15-2017, 08:39 PM
From Wiki:
The Sewanee Tigers were pioneers in American intercollegiate athletics and possessed the Deep South's preeminent football program in the 1890s. Ellwood Wilson is considered the "founder of Sewanee football."[2] Their 1899 football team had perhaps the best season in college football history, winning all 12 of their games, 11 by shutout, and outscoring their opponents 322-10. Five of those wins, all shutouts, came in a six-day period while on a 2,500-mile (4,000 km) trip by train. Ten of their twelve opponents, including all five of their road trip victims, remain major college football powers to this day.[3] In 2012, the College Football Hall of Fame held a vote of the greatest historic teams of all time, where the 1899 Iron Men beat the 1961 Alabama Crimson Tide as the greatest team of all time.

Sewanee was a charter member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association in 1894, and also a charter member of the Southeastern Conference upon its formation in 1932, but by this time its athletic program had declined precipitously and Sewanee never won a conference football game in the eight years it was an SEC member. The Tigers were shut out 26 times in their 37 SEC games, and were outscored by a combined total of 1163–84.

One of my grandaddy's brothers was an all something national football player for Sewanee.

Bully13
03-15-2017, 09:30 PM
1927 all southern team.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-15-2017, 09:35 PM
We would probably play them but we would also pick up OK when they replaced them.

I think they'd move Missouri over to the west and then try and add NC State.

msstatelp1
03-15-2017, 09:37 PM
IF the dates that were given in the "video bomb" were correct... Then NOTHING reported in February 2016 would have been included... There fore...... Bring ON.... NOA #3......

This is why I think the investigation is still on-going. Supposedly no Tunsil draft night in the 2d NOA and nothing about the 2017 class, both of which were after the 2d NOA.

Spiderman
03-15-2017, 09:39 PM

Me either.

Rosy says it's over. As dialed in as he has been ,I'm gonna take him at his word.

Spiderman
03-15-2017, 09:41 PM

I don't want them to get the death penalty....... my dream is a lot of 55-20 our way games

lamont
03-15-2017, 09:46 PM
Me either.

Rosy says it's over. As dialed in as he has been ,I'm gonna take him at his word.

Elitedawgs was on this before Rosey was. Just a reminder

Spiderman
03-15-2017, 09:48 PM
In response to the idea that we might vet their "clean players" if many are allowed to transfer and the SMU quote, "once you start paying them, you can't quit", how do you have any clean players in a situation like this? People talk. Don't you think most or all their players knew who was getting added benefits and how much? Unless it was just a player's lifetime dream to be a reb, wouldn't you have to sweeten the pot for most if not all in some way to prevent a mutiny in the ranks.

Funny thing is probably their "Cleanest" players the last few years were probably their most valuable....Bo, Kelly, and Engram

Reason2succeed
03-15-2017, 09:48 PM
I don't want them to get the death penalty....... my dream is a lot of 55-20 our way games

Why not both? If they get the DP they would be insane to retain HF. After what SMU went through what decent coach would want the job. Most coaches wouldn't want their names connected to a DP.

WesternSkyDawg
03-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Elitedawgs was on this before Rosey was. Just a reminder

Just a guess.

But it makes you wonder whether Rosey's source has been silenced, but there's still info coming out from other sources to other folks.

AlSwearengen
03-15-2017, 11:10 PM
Just a guess.

But it makes you wonder whether Rosey's source has been silenced, but there's still info coming out from other sources to other folks.

My first thought as well.

sandwolf
03-15-2017, 11:39 PM
Just a guess.

But it makes you wonder whether Rosey's source has been silenced, but there's still info coming out from other sources to other folks.That's definitely possible. But it seems to me like he stopped going into nearly as much detail on everything shortly after he announced the book deal....and he has said that the book will have lots of stuff that he has never shared, so I think he is holding back in order to give people a reason to buy his book.

Political Hack
03-16-2017, 06:45 AM
Just a guess.

I've explained this before and will again. It's hard to keep interviews secret. When they take place, people find out. No way around it. That's how we knew the 1st time. It's how we know now that there's more going on. What we don't know if s whether those interviews are intended to corroborate information, test Ole Miss's counter claims, or if it's part of yet another ongoing investigation. Regardless, the investigation apparently continues...

thf24
03-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Funny thing is probably their "Cleanest" players the last few years were probably their most valuable....Bo, Kelly, and Engram

Crazy, who would have thought that you generally get more consistent effort and performance out of guys who sincerely want to be in your program?

Maroon Wizardry
03-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Didn't you also hear from your sources AJ was going to state? wasn't the Freezer supposed to be fired by the end of the week a couple of weeks ago? i'm gonna wait a little bit before i fully embrace this. I do believe it to be a possibility and but i'd see a more likely scenario that they are covering their bases one last time for when OM gets in front of the COI

Ari Gold
03-16-2017, 09:19 AM
The main thing learned is ED has been basically spot on since day 1. Mother ****ing props to us.
And if a certain POS rag (CL) would have done a little work on this , all the heavy lifting was done here , it could have saved some face and got some excellent and much needed national and local pub from the UMiss self destruction.
But as usual no balls as you laid in bed with Hugh sucking his. Now you only have the picked over leftovers to write about ..
So too bad and go **** yourself...

Maroon Wizardry
03-16-2017, 09:46 AM
The main thing learned is ED has been basically spot on since day 1. Mother ****ing props to us.
And if a certain POS rag (CL) would have done a little work on this , all the heavy lifting was done here , it could have saved some face and got some excellent and much needed national and local pub from the UMiss self destruction.
But as usual no balls as you laid in bed with Hugh sucking his. Now you only have the picked over leftovers to write about ..
So too bad and go **** yourself...

is there a way to like this post or rate it with gold stars because it should get many 17 those Sh!tbirds... still trying to learn the lingo can't figure out how and why german is used so frequently

Uncivilengineer
03-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Germans mean someone has already posted it or talked about it. As in, remember when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

lamont
03-16-2017, 10:55 AM
The Wizard here is just bullshitting everyone. He knows exactly what everything means

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-16-2017, 11:14 AM
is there a way to like this post or rate it with gold stars because it should get many 17 those Sh!tbirds... still trying to learn the lingo can't figure out how and why german is used so frequently