PDA

View Full Version : God help us all if or should I say when the Rebs beat Texas

whosyourdawgy
09-10-2013, 04:09 PM
The damn national media is all over this game because of Texas sucking and all the contraversy surrounding te Longhorns. If the Rebs win, Mack Brown better go ahead and pack his bags and the Rebs may as well be in the top 5 for all the media coverage they will get Ugh. Come on Longhorns, please find some way for your sucky asses to beat these assholes. Please.

DapperDawg
09-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I see OM's season shaping up similar to how ours played out in 2010. We were a good team, but we got lucky catching UGA and FL on down years. If FL's field goal kicker hadn't been hurt, they probably would have beaten us. UGA was just down. We caught some folks at the right time. OM could not have asked for a better storyline so far - comeback victory at Vandy, now going into Austin as the first game in the post-Manny era. Hunker down because they're probably going to have a decent year. I hope I'm wrong though.

chef dixon
09-10-2013, 05:25 PM
They are a pretty good team. But what hasn't happened yet, but probably should have and will, is an onslaught of Bo Wallace turnovers. Heaven forbid he gets injured too... I might rather have Sam Cowart than Brunetti.

Jack Lambert
09-10-2013, 06:26 PM
They are not going to win. Texas is at home, no two hour delay and the BYU QB is faster then Bo. But what are they going to think if we beat Auburn? We could end up having a good season plus in 2010 we beat them at Ole Miss if I am not mistaken. They come to us ths year.

TopDog58
09-10-2013, 09:22 PM
They are not going to win. Texas is at home, no two hour delay and the BYU QB is faster then Bo. But what are they going to think if we beat Auburn? We could end up having a good season plus in 2010 we beat them at Ole Miss if I am not mistaken. They come to us ths year.

That BYU QB was also very shifty which is not Bo Wallace. Also, BYU pounded the ball between the tackles nearly 40 times which is something Mississippi doesn't have the personnel to do. The Rebs won't rush for 200 against Texas.

elitedawgs
09-10-2013, 09:34 PM
How many points did Texas hang on Ole Miss in Oxford? Exactly.

Coach34
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
This weekend is going to answer alot of questions

RougeDawg
09-11-2013, 01:25 AM
They are a pretty good team. But what hasn't happened yet, but probably should have and will, is an onslaught of Bo Wallace turnovers. Heaven forbid he gets injured too... I might rather have Sam Cowart than Brunetti.

Talked to a non OM person that was at the game, and they said Wallace was throwing the ball all over the place. Had they played a half ass competent defense, he would have thrown at least 2 picks, if not a handful. I just don't see how the news media can be down on all fours over OM when they've beaten two shit teams, and ****ing struggled to do that.

MemphisDawg
09-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Only thing I don't agree with is everyone calling Vandy a shit team. Vandy isn't that bad. But we will see more come this weekend when they play USC

Schultzy
09-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Talked to a non OM person that was at the game, and they said Wallace was throwing the ball all over the place. Had they played a half ass competent defense, he would have thrown at least 2 picks, if not a handful. I just don't see how the news media can be down on all fours over OM when they've beaten two shit teams, and ****ing struggled to do that.

I think it stems from how well they played Alabama last year in a loss combined with their offensive production against two bad defenses to end the year. Add in their one recruiting class which which espn is vested in, and voila you have the perfect recipe for over hyping an average team at best. It's a house of cards waiting to fall on the football field.
The only answer well get from Austin is whether UT has quit or not.
I think what happens on the plains, however will tell us a lot.

msstate7
09-11-2013, 06:42 AM
I think it stems from how well they played Alabama last year in a loss combined with their offensive production against two bad defenses to end the year. Add in their one recruiting class which which espn is vested in, and voila you have the perfect recipe for over hyping an average team at best. It's a house of cards waiting to fall on the football field.

Bama game was 27-7 at half. You left out their trip to Georgia.

Texas 45
OM 31

msstate7
09-11-2013, 06:45 AM

BTW that bama game that was so close was a larger deficit than OM's win over se mo last week.

Bamboo
09-11-2013, 07:18 AM
It's not going to happen but how awesome would it be for the perennial Sec cellar dweller to beat the big12 media darling?
They think losing to BYU is bad, just wait and see their reaction when the toothless rebnecks from oxfyjord do it.
Brown will be fired on the spot.

Coach 57
09-11-2013, 08:53 AM
I see OM's season shaping up similar to how ours played out in 2010. We were a good team, but we got lucky catching UGA and FL on down years. If FL's field goal kicker hadn't been hurt, they probably would have beaten us.

Are you kidding? I was at that game. We physically DOMINATED them! I agree about UGA but good grief, that UF game was Mullen's greatest wins to me. I remember after getting home & watching it (wife recorded it) and Chris Speilmam saying "Mississippi State is challenging Florida's manhood right now!"

Pollodawg
09-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Are you kidding? I was at that game. We physically DOMINATED them! I agree about UGA but good grief, that UF game was Mullen's greatest wins to me. I remember after getting home & watching it (wife recorded it) and Chris Speilmam saying "Mississippi State is challenging Florida's manhood right now!"

Florida could do nothing offensively when it mattered. That win was on our D, and I think the D this season is better than it was then. I think this D could be a top five D all time at State. Yep, I said that.

RTO Dawg
09-11-2013, 09:02 AM
This weekend is going to answer alot of questions

Yes it will.......

elitedawgs
09-11-2013, 09:19 AM
1st Downs

3rd down efficiency

7-12
4-12

4th down efficiency

1-2
1-2

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att

19-24
17-30

Yards per pass

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties
8-55
5-55

Turnovers

Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession
37:03
22:57

Manny didn't coach offense, and Texas offense dominated last year - almost 700 yards of offense.

Coach 57
09-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Florida could do nothing offensively when it mattered. That win was on our D, and I think the D this season is better than it was then. I think this D could be a top five D all time at State. Yep, I said that.

Remember I anticipated this. People were calling me snow idiot on SPS because I was bragging on the DBs especially on Love. I can tell you this, we won't face better WRs all year than Ok St had. And that's a fact! And look at what our DBs did to them plus the pressure caused by our front 7 (said early too that this front 7 would be one of the best ever to wear maroon). They will keep us close all year!

HancockCountyDog
09-11-2013, 09:26 AM
1st Downs

3rd down efficiency

7-12
4-12

4th down efficiency

1-2
1-2

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att

19-24
17-30

Yards per pass

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties
8-55
5-55

Turnovers

Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession
37:03
22:57

Manny didn't coach offense, and Texas offense dominated last year - almost 700 yards of offense.

Someone explain to me again how we only ran for like 50 yards against those frauds? I know we aren't Texas, but **** this just pisses me off.

Also, anyone that think the bears will beat Texas because Texas had one bad game against an underrated BYU team, they are crazy. Now, if Ash is out of the game, that could be different.

Coach34
09-11-2013, 09:29 AM
I think it stems from how well they played Alabama last year in a loss.

This myth just wont die...Bama was up 27-7 at half

Think about that- everybody talks about how our game with Bama was over at half when it was 24-0-but because OM was down 27-7 (20 points) they played Bama "well". We make our 1st half FG and these games are the damn same.

Bama sleepwalked thru their game- Bama sent a message to us

Bama gonna send a message to Freezus this year

HancockCountyDog
09-11-2013, 09:36 AM
This myth just wont die...Bama was up 27-7 at half

Think about that- everybody talks about how our game with Bama was over at half when it was 24-0-but because OM was down 27-7 (20 points) they played Bama "well". We make our 1st half FG and these games are the damn same.

Bama sleepwalked thru their game- Bama sent a message to us

Bama gonna send a message to Freezus this year

If anything it was the LSU game. They actually did play them pretty well in Baton Rouge and then they beat us, pitt, recruiting and then vandy and they have a little momentum. Texas will stuff that momentum cold.

Pollodawg
09-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I don't look for the rebs to beat Texas at Texas. It will be tighter than I want, but at this point Tejas is fighting for its life. What will really tell the tale is how much fire Mack Brown has left under the bonnet. If he doesn't give shit anymore, Texas could lose. If they play like I know they can, Texas will roll.

msstate7
09-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I don't look for the rebs to beat Texas at Texas. It will be tighter than I want, but at this point Tejas is fighting for its life. What will really tell the tale is how much fire Mack Brown has left under the bonnet. If he doesn't give shit anymore, Texas could lose. If they play like I know they can, Texas will roll.

Hopefully Mack brown can tap into his youth for this game. He used to be one of the best coaches on college football. Now or never Mack