PDA

View Full Version : Endo playing for Rod Barnes at CS Bakersfield

lamont
03-14-2017, 10:33 PM
getting after it tonight...Go Fallou!!!

Dawg61
03-15-2017, 12:37 AM
11 minutes, 4 points, 4 boards, 4 fouls but UCSB beats #1 seed Cal and Fallou advances

Gutter Cobreh
03-15-2017, 09:59 AM
The Fallou situation happened before I joined the site, so I went back to do some research to see what the consensus here was around his transfer.

What I came across was a thread that turned from his transfer into a debate between IJ Ready and Tookie Brown and who was better:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?38835-Fallou-Ndoye/page4&highlight=Fallou+Ndoye

Since some time has passed, I compiled the stats from both below from this season:

Minutes - Brown = 1093 / Ready 801
FGA - Brown = 426 / Ready 188
FG% - Brown = 41% / Ready = 42%
FT % - Brown = 76% / Ready = 86%
Reb. - Brown = 108 / Ready = 76
Assist - Brown = 128 / Ready = 127
TO - Brown = 73 / Ready = 54
Steals - Brown = 46 / Ready = 45
PPG - Brown 17.4 / Ready 7.8

Not saying Brown would not have made this team better this year, but looking from a PG perspective - Ready's stats are better when looking at competition and minutes played. Ready had 200+ less minutes, with the same number of assists and steals. The PPG was less, but he also took 200+ less shots.

Anyone else think the same?

Dawg61
03-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Ok but the argument is Tookie is better than Strugg who Howland kept over Tookie.

Gutter Cobreh
03-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Ok but the argument is Tookie is better than Strugg who Howland kept over Tookie.

Brown and Ready both play the point, which is the reason for the comparison. If Brown is kept, does he play over Ready since both can't play the same position?

Brown is obviously better than Strugg based on stats, but Newman was also on the team at the time (as were others).

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2017, 10:37 AM

Isn't Tookie like 5'9"? Not many roster spots for short point guards. Tookie would not have played over Peters and Ready was actually more productive than Tookie in minutes played.

Gutter Cobreh
03-15-2017, 11:18 AM

I think it is worth pointing out that in the thread below, you say the argument was Tookie versus Ndoye....

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?38634-Tookie-brown&highlight=tookie

fishwater99
03-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Brown and Ready both play the point, which is the reason for the comparison. If Brown is kept, does he play over Ready since both can't play the same position?

Brown is obviously better than Strugg based on stats, but Newman was also on the team at the time (as were others).

Did we have Newman when he made that decision?

Dawg61
03-15-2017, 02:37 PM
I think it is worth pointing out that in the thread below, you say the argument was Tookie versus Ndoye....

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?38634-Tookie-brown&highlight=tookie

Yea it was genius and where's Ndoye? Where's Strugg? Tookie is 10x better than both those wasted spots.

You seem thirsty to prove me wrong in basketball threads. Drink a Gatorade and relax chief.

Gutter Cobreh
03-15-2017, 06:32 PM
Yea it was genius and where's Ndoye? Where's Strugg? Tookie is 10x better than both those wasted spots.

You seem thirsty to prove me wrong in basketball threads. Drink a Gatorade and relax chief.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, as the time stamps do that for all of us. Regardless of what I post, you'll still feel as though you're correct in your thoughts (then and now).

You responded and said it was a comparison regarding Strugg and I simply linked the post where you were referencing Ndoye. No more, no less.

What this has shown me is that it is worth revisiting old posts from time to time to see whose assessments proved true and which ones were off base. Too often we make assessments and don't go back to validate whether they were good ones or if we were off.

Dawg61
03-15-2017, 08:56 PM
I'm not trying to prove you wrong, as the time stamps do that for all of us. Regardless of what I post, you'll still feel as though you're correct in your thoughts (then and now).

You responded and said it was a comparison regarding Strugg and I simply linked the post where you were referencing Ndoye. No more, no less.

What this has shown me is that it is worth revisiting old posts from time to time to see whose assessments proved true and which ones were off base. Too often we make assessments and don't go back to validate whether they were good ones or if we were off.

Strugg is worse than Ndoye dude and I was lobbying for Howland to keep Tookie over the better player between Ndoye and Strugg so was it really necessary for me to include Stugg too? Howland dropped Tookie for both Ndoye and Strugg but really he did it to secure Newman. Guess what? All three of Ndoye, Strugg and Newman aren't here and neither is Tookie so how am I wrong again? Your thirst to prove me wrong just leaves you looking more and more stupid.

Gutter Cobreh
03-15-2017, 09:56 PM
Your thirst to prove me wrong just leaves you looking more and more stupid.

Contrary to your narcissistic mentality, my original post had nothing to do with you. I simply found it interesting to post Tookie's #s this year versus Ready's.

While you assume I have an axe to grind, I've only responded to your assertions and comments. Funny thing is, I don't disagree with you regarding Tookie being dropped.

Dawg61
03-16-2017, 01:47 AM

Contrary to your narcissistic mentality, my original post had nothing to do with you. I simply found it interesting to post Tookie's #s this year versus Ready's.

While you assume I have an axe to grind, I've only responded to your assertions and comments. Funny thing is, I don't disagree with you regarding Tookie being dropped.

Bruh whose talking about your original post but you. You tried calling me out on comparing Tookie vs Strugg this year and Tookie vs Ndoye last year. Why the **** would I compare him to Strugg last year who was redshirting and why the **** would I compare him to Ndoye this year after he transferred last year? Nice logic homie