PDA

View Full Version : How can we make our stadium atmosphere like this?

Goat Holder
09-10-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJHL-hZOqnQ

That's insane. Best atmosphere I think I've ever seen.

Now, one part of that is obviously being good, being at night, playing a top level team, etc. We had that element in 2009 and 2010 but seemed to lose it after that.

But I like the sequence of events. At this point of the game, the teams are on the field, and about to kickoff. The 'Sandstorm' is actually being played right before kickoff. I think we should show that 30 second pump up video, then go straight into a REAL dawg pound rock (get the shit in sync) with the ORIGINAL who let the dawgs out like right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Z9GUQQLEQ (0:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI79AzdmBGE (5:15)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8jzAK7EPQ0 (1:30)

The Chuck Smooth version, NOT the gay ass terrible Baha Men version. That shit is so far beyond terrible.

Not sure what to do right before the teams come out. I'm guessing another pump up video, but let the band play their deal right before it, with no "Mississippi" commercial right before.

Correct sequence:

Band Pre-game
Hey Song/Maroon-White cheerleader shit
True Maroon
SHORT cowbell scene
Pump Up Video similar to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgbnqiw0_xM (1:30)
Team Entrance
SHORT Pump Up Video
DPR

Done

No MS video

Barking 13
09-10-2013, 03:55 PM
If we were a top ten team, it would probably be like that....:rolleyes:

Goat Holder
09-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Some of it is natural, some is manufactured. We can do something about the second part, it needs work.

And we need to do different shit for 11 am games.

bocfarm
09-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Reminds me of the Grizzlies playoff games

those were insane

Dawg61
09-10-2013, 04:11 PM
We have the bells so nobody brings towels or pom poms like games at AU or USC. Mixed with loud upbeat music and everyone waving a towel you'd see the same thing at MSU. Only 10-20% of the fans bring in bells.

CooterDavenport
09-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Free beer

hailmari
09-10-2013, 04:23 PM
The first time I saw the DPR, it was the greatest thing ever. The timing or something was off the other day with the music, it just didn't go right. I liked how they used to kinda sneak in there when nobody was expecting it.

deltadawg99
09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Timing is a big issue with our pregame. That and the players back then were fired up to do the DPR, now they seem to be going through the motion.

Todd4State
09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
South Carolina has a really good atmosphere- they are very underrated in that dept. I remember us playing them in 1998 and they were on their way to a 1-10 season and the place was sold out.

LongDuckDawg
09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
We need to use a AC/DCs Hells Bells and Metallica's for whom the Bell tolls every game in some form or fashion

chef dixon
09-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Playing Florida in 2009 when Dixon was out there talking noise to the whole Gator team.... man so many juice points to be given in that stadium

Todd4State
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
The first time I saw the DPR, it was the greatest thing ever. The timing or something was off the other day with the music, it just didn't go right. I liked how they used to kinda sneak in there when nobody was expecting it.

I'm pretty sure the timing was off with the music. They started the music, stopped and then started it again.

Todd4State
09-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Playing Florida in 2009 when Dixon was out there talking noise to the whole Gator team.... man so many juice points to be given in that stadium

I had never seen a team come across the field at us for doing the DPR until then. It's not like Florida didn't know it was going to happen. Of course, we now know that Florida team had at least two murderers on their team and God knows what else.

Dawg61
09-10-2013, 05:45 PM
We need to use a AC/DCs Hells Bells and Metallica's for whom the Bell tolls every game in some form or fashion

The problem is we can't all agree on ONE song and stick with it. Make it the same song right before the team comes out and BLARE the shit outta that song with a sweet highlight video going on the huge jumbotron. VTech does Enter Sadman, Bama does Thunderstruck and USC does Sandman so what's the ONE song we are sticking with? It needs to be more upbeat than Hells Bells and Whom the Bell Tolls.

breazy
09-10-2013, 06:22 PM
one song.....it has to be Hells Bells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q

HereComesTheSpiral
09-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Free beer

I support this idea.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-10-2013, 06:56 PM
The problem is we can't all agree on ONE song and stick with it. Make it the same song right before the team comes out and BLARE the shit outta that song with a sweet highlight video going on the huge jumbotron. VTech does Enter Sadman, Bama does Thunderstruck and USC does Sandman so what's the ONE song we are sticking with? It needs to be more upbeat than Hells Bells and Whom the Bell Tolls.
I think Hells Bells would be super intense. Doesn't have to be upbeat.

I'm too young to remember when the Dawg Pound Rock was a big deal but they need to stop doing it. Nothing looks more gay than a bunch of big ass football players doing an uninspired dance to a Baha Men song before they run onto the field.

dparker
09-10-2013, 07:11 PM
I think Hells Bells would be super intense. Doesn't have to be upbeat.

I'm too young to remember when the Dawg Pound Rock was a big deal but they need to stop doing it. Nothing looks more gay than a bunch of big ass football players doing an uninspired dance to a Baha Men song before they run onto the field.

No way. I can still remember when we used to do it on the field before kick-offs. It's tradition now.

Will James
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
1. Get and KEEP the crowd hyped (commercials)

2. Have our terrible students not try to imitate what they think an Ole Miss student is.

Obviously I find the commercials/dead air criminal. NOBODY sucks hype out like we do.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-10-2013, 08:11 PM
No way. I can still remember when we used to do it on the field before kick-offs. It's tradition now.

It hasn't looked anywhere close to good since AD left

Harrydawg
09-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Then they got there ass kicked by UGA

bulldawg28
09-10-2013, 08:59 PM
It hasn't looked anywhere close to good since AD left

I believe Robinson has that same spark.

Then they got there ass kicked by UGA

No. They beat the crap out of Georgia. That was last year.

TUSK
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
SC has had rock star attendance for a very long time... (pre holtz)...

yall need: 1) Bowled in stadium, 2) 70K capacity and sell out EVERY seat at $75 per pop for (bigtime) SEC games, 3) win an average of 4.5 SEC games per year...

yall do that and you cats are set.

Goat Holder
09-10-2013, 10:19 PM
The beat the hell out of Georgia that game.

Goat Holder
09-10-2013, 10:20 PM
This expansion is going to do wonders for that atmosphere. And we've already proven in 2009 and 2010 it can be just as intimidating as anywhere. Just have to get it back.

You're right about their attendance....they sold out during their 0-11 year. With that support, it's strange that they've never been any good before.

MarcoRubio
09-10-2013, 11:01 PM

Would be cool if we could get everybody to ring cowbells in unison to the slow beat of the song. Would sound cool with 20k+ cowbells.

Edit: Hells bells. Damn autocorrect.

It_Could_Happen
09-11-2013, 02:18 AM
I support this idea.

I think the student section would too

Political Hack
09-11-2013, 07:16 AM
the student section turned the "beat the hell out of you" chant from a rythymic cheer into a race. they finish the chant about 10 seconds before the rest of the stadium. if they'd slow down and follow the pace of the song it would be awesome, but as it is it sucks.

every new thing has to come from the students. period. the university can try to do new things, but it's usually cheesy.

The DJ should also have a list of about 20 songs that need more cowbell.

Barking 13
09-11-2013, 08:12 AM
SC has had rock star attendance for a very long time... (pre holtz)...

yall need: 1) Bowled in stadium, 2) 70K capacity and sell out EVERY seat at $75 per pop for (bigtime) SEC games, 3) win an average of 4.5 SEC games per year...

yall do that and you cats are set.

like I said.... top ten team

Barking 13
09-11-2013, 08:14 AM

Don't fear the Reaper? ;)

DawgInMemphis
09-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I've always thought it would be cool to have a student rock out along with whatever song they choose to play - give him an SG and a wireless pack and let him rock out at mid field.

/Volunteers self
//Not a student anymore

Mjoelner34
09-11-2013, 08:37 AM
the student section turned the "beat the hell out of you" chant from a rythymic cheer into a race. they finish the chant about 10 seconds before the rest of the stadium.

Agreed. The only thing faster than a student leaving at halftime is a student doing the cheer to Rock and Roll #2. I sit in the lower west deck on the south end of the stadium. I swear it was so bad Saturday that the students were hitting the gay "wooooo!" part of the chant just as everyone else was between the last "fight" and "Mississippi".

Mjoelner34
09-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Hair of the Dog! Cowbell? check! Nice title? check! Loud? check! Rocking tune? check! Questionable lyrics? check! Solution? Just play the instrumental parts

drummerdawg
09-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Agreed. The only thing faster than a student leaving at halftime is a student doing the cheer to Rock and Roll #2. I sit in the lower west deck on the south end of the stadium. I swear it was so bad Saturday that the students were hitting the gay "wooooo!" part of the chant just as everyone else was between the last "fight" and "Mississippi".

Hotty toddy has the same problem. The students may very well be rushing it but it will never be in sync with the whole stadium even if they do it perfectly.

biscuit
09-11-2013, 10:12 AM
All versions of "who let the dogs out" are ghey ass. Please kill this song

Gridirondawg
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Walk - Pantera

Political Hack
09-11-2013, 10:32 AM
All versions of "who let the dogs out" are ghey ass. Please kill this song

other teams killed it for us. they overplayed it and now it's a faded fad instead of a Miss State tradition. I'm hardheaded though and refuse to let other people's overplaying of it rob us of it. They need to do it differently... and it shouldn't be the whole team, but I'd hate to see them drop it completely.

sleepy dawg
09-11-2013, 10:48 AM
1. Get and KEEP the crowd hyped (commercials)

2. Have our terrible students not try to imitate what they think an Ole Miss student is.

Obviously I find the commercials/dead air criminal. NOBODY sucks hype out like we do.

1. Commercials were way way better at the Alcorn State game. There were no commercials leading up to the game. I don't remember any sound from commercials either (may have been some with sound that I can't remember).
2. I think our student section is the biggest problem. They are becoming more and more like Ole Miss every year. The student section was basically empty after half time this week. And it doesn't matter that it was Alcorn, and it was a blow out, and it was hot. The student section is sooo important for the atmosphere, but if they aren't going to lead lead the rest of us with their youth and drunkenness, then we may as well give those tickets to paying fans.

RougeDawg
09-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Walk - Pantera

I think this would be good to play before big defensive plays. Possibly before run out.

Why was the sound so shitty Saturday? It was really low.

smootness
09-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I like that the OP answered his question immediately in his post, yet this thread is now about to go to 3 pages.

The obvious answer is, be a top-10 team hosting another top-10 team. I guarantee you that once that happens, that atmosphere will be there, if not even to a greater degree.

All this talk about ideas for gameday is fine, but I promise the song the team does the DPR to doesn't really matter. If the scenario from the video posted ever happened at DWS, we wouldn't be able to hear the song...it would be absolute bedlam from an hour before the kick until at least halfway through the first quarter.

Barking 13
09-11-2013, 12:00 PM
I like that the OP answered his question immediately in his post, yet this thread is now about to go to 3 pages.

The obvious answer is, be a top-10 team hosting another top-10 team. I guarantee you that once that happens, that atmosphere will be there, if not even to a greater degree.

All this talk about ideas for gameday is fine, but I promise the song the team does the DPR to doesn't really matter. If the scenario from the video posted ever happened at DWS, we wouldn't be able to hear the song...it would be absolute bedlam from an hour before the kick until at least halfway through the first quarter.

COWBELL HELL!!!

hailmari
09-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I like "walk" but it's not "CRUNK" enough and not enough people know what the hell it is.

LongDuckDawg
09-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Hail's Bells!