PDA

View Full Version : Something I hope our coaches have thought about playing at Auburn...

RougeDawg
09-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Is the ****ing God awful crown they have on their field. It's a good 4-5 bricks(can see in endzone) difference between the middle of the field and sideline. That's a good 12-15 inch drop off and a reason Relf was so high on most of his early passes 2 years ago. Part of the reason we went down 14-0 quick. I'm not sure coaches actually notice and take into consideration things like this, but they ultimately effect the game. The same thing effected Brett Favre every time he played in Dallas. His throws in the flat were high a lot and he got picked off.

I hope out coaches are competent enough to notice these things, but I not sure since they struggle to see who the best players are in certain positions, that give us the best chance to win. Is there any way someone can pass this info to our coaches so they are at least somewhat aware? Someone needs to remind them at least.

maroonmania
09-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Is the ****ing God awful crown they have on their field. It's a good 4-5 bricks(can see in endzone) difference between the middle of the field and sideline. That's a good 12-15 inch drop off and a reason Relf was so high on most of his early passes 2 years ago. Part of the reason we went down 14-0 quick. I'm not sure coaches actually notice and take into consideration things like this, but they ultimately effect the game. The same thing effected Brett Favre every time he played in Dallas. His throws in the flat were high a lot and he got picked off.

I hope out coaches are competent enough to notice these things, but I not sure since they struggle to see who the best players are in certain positions, that give us the best chance to win. Is there any way someone can pass this info to our coaches so they are at least somewhat aware? Someone needs to remind them at least.

You are correct in that there is an issue with that when playing there and gives Auburn a bigger home field advantage. However, this is the third trip to Auburn for Mullen and Koennig together at MSU so if neither of them are smart enough to take that into consideration while preparing for this game then I doubt anyone passing along the info is going to help.