PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Clower: The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth

oildawg
03-13-2017, 04:05 PM
My son plans to attend Baylor in the fall, and major in Aviation Sciences...

I remember the Jerry Clower clip "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth" - which is about the time Jerry and our Bulldogs played Baylor. I wanted to share this clip with my son - but I can't find this particular one anywhere. A lot of them are on YouTube, and a lot more are for sale on iTunes - but I can't find this one..... Any suggestions?

BTW - quick story - I remember when I was a freshman at State in 1990. During a football game, they recognized Jerry Clower on the field. There was a fellow freshman at State, who was from Canada. He said out loud, "Who is Jerry Clower?". I swear, it was like everybody in the entire East section turned and looked at him.....

maroonmania
03-13-2017, 04:13 PM
My son plans to attend Baylor in the fall, and major in Aviation Sciences...

I remember the Jerry Clower clip "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth" - which is about the time Jerry and our Bulldogs played Baylor. I wanted to share this clip with my son - but I can't find this particular one anywhere. A lot of them are on YouTube, and a lot more are for sale on iTunes - but I can't find this one..... Any suggestions?

BTW - quick story - I remember when I was a freshman at State in 1990. During a football game, they recognized Jerry Clower on the field. There was a fellow freshman at State, who was from Canada. He said out loud, "Who is Jerry Clower?". I swear, it was like everybody in the entire East section turned and looked at him.....

Yea, I remember that one too. Some Baylor All-American that shoved Jerry's face in the ground during a play and supposedly Jerry said to him (with Baylor being a Baptist school) "Man, I thought you were supposed to be a Christian?" to which the guy spouted back to him about the Bible saying "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth". Great story.

Jack Lambert
03-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Waco sucks however you just up the road from Austin.