PDA

View Full Version : Freeze: Difference between mistakes and cheating

Bodaski
03-13-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm trying to wrap my mind around how a man can talk about not cheating intentionally, but accept they were only mistakes. If I'm an OM fan, I'd be like then old saying that says, don't piss on my head and try to convince me it raining. I would like to think if the shoe was on the other foot Dan wouldn't try to snowball us like HF is doing. I would like to believe if as much evidence has turned up as it has at OM, our leaders would have already made changes to hopefully show the NCAA were are trying to comply. I just think they are digging a deeper hole for themselves when its all said an done.

confucius say
03-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Dan wouldn't be our coach if we were in their situation. He would have already "resigned."

maroonmania
03-13-2017, 04:54 PM
That is all just damage control for his image. There are no "mistakes" when it comes to recruiting for NCAA coaches because they have to pass a test on knowing all the basic recruiting rules before they are allowed to even go out and recruit. Although maybe they had people taking the recruiting test for their coaches just like they had people taking ACT tests for their recruits.

Ari Gold
03-13-2017, 05:01 PM
**** that guy.

Uncivilengineer
03-13-2017, 05:05 PM
Freeze is holding Ole Miss hostage. He will roll on them if they fire him. This is the only logical solution.

DawgPoundtheRock
03-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Ole Miss coaches took the recruiting test in Waynesboro

starkvegasdawg
03-13-2017, 05:54 PM
Here's the difference. It's really quite simple.

Mistakes - done by Hugh Freeze

Cheating - done by everyone else

Commercecomet24
03-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Freeze is holding Ole Miss hostage. He will roll on them if they fire him. This is the only logical solution.

You are correct sir! I have the feeling they're trying to reach some kinda of backroom settlement with ole hugh. If they just fire him I can see him giving the NCAA the whole unm recruiting playbook. It's gonna cost the bears for ole hugh to go away. Unm and ole hugh are both screwed.

PassInterference
03-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Its obvious Ole Miss has played their hand. The are all in. No bluff. They will fight to the bitter end. I fully expect a lawsuit against the NCAA. They will file for an injunction against the NCAA's ruling so Freeze can stay employed while they fight this in court.

Courts have previously ruled in favor of the NCAA, BTW.

IMissJack
03-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Here's the difference. It's really quite simple.

Mistakes - done by Hugh Freeze

Cheating - done by everyone else

It's like the definition of major surgery. Major surgery is when it is being done on you.

Uncivilengineer
03-13-2017, 07:17 PM
I believe when tbey hired the beav (and this is a leave it to beaver reference), tbey thought he was the perfect one they could control. Almost like a dullard and patsy, but the power changed him, It went to his head, not realizing that his success was based on outside influences (THE NETWORK). Now he knows where the bodies are buried and refuses to give in. And what choice does Ole Miss have?

TrapGame
03-13-2017, 08:23 PM
Firing Freeze and the coaching staff after the Tunsil confession probably would have saved om from the absolute ass rape that's coming.

starkvegasdawg
03-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Firing Freeze and the coaching staff after the Tunsil confession probably would have saved om from the absolute ass rape that's coming.

Makes me glad they didn't. Watching grown men getting ass raped has never been something that appealed to me, but I may have to record this one.

Commercecomet24
03-13-2017, 09:28 PM
I believe when tbey hired the beav (and this is a leave it to beaver reference), tbey thought he was the perfect one they could control. Almost like a dullard and patsy, but the power changed him, It went to his head, not realizing that his success was based on outside influences (THE NETWORK). Now he knows where the bodies are buried and refuses to give in. And what choice does Ole Miss have?

This guy gets it.

smootness
03-14-2017, 07:56 AM
He is right, there is a difference. And he cheated.

Jack Lambert
03-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Freeze is saying exactly what the Ole Miss lawyers are telling him to say. It all depends on what "it" is is.

Political Hack
03-14-2017, 08:21 AM
They are trying to keep everyone happy right now, even their boosters who were named in the NOA.

Bubb Rubb
03-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Ole Miss isn't suing anybody. You can take that to the bank.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-14-2017, 08:57 AM
I know ALOT of OM fans who despise the man already and want him gone.

Political Hack
03-14-2017, 09:06 AM
I know ALOT of OM fans who despise the man already and want him gone.

There's a growing divide. The older alumni and some of their power brokers are ready to cut bait, but the message board warriors follow the orders of the coaching staff so that side of the fan base is still trying to build support for Freeze. It's putting the university in a precarious situation because they're eventually going to have someone pissed off, if they make the move. The only way to keep from dividing the fan base right now is for someone else (the NCAA) to force their hand. They're not dumb either. They know it's coming, which is why I wonder whether or not they'll actually push for an extension. If they think he can't get them through 1 year of probation and a bowl ban, bringing them a year closer to a recovery period before having to hire a new coach, they'll try to delay. If they think that the best thing is to go ahead and rip the band aid off so they can start moving forward agressively with the scholarship reductions, etc... they'll let the COI meet this summer.

Tailgate Superstar
03-14-2017, 09:06 AM

This is the best summation of Freeze that I have seen yet.

lamont
03-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Freeze's career is on the line- he has no choice but to fight

OM is trying to skate on as much as possible. They cant fire Freeze when they are claiming he didnt know anything because the cheating wasnt orchestrated. It was allllll Barney.

They are between a rock and a hard-on

starkvegasdawg
03-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Freeze's career is on the line- he has no choice but to fight

OM is trying to skate on as much as possible. They cant fire Freeze when they are claiming he didnt know anything because the cheating wasnt orchestrated. It was allllll Barney.

They are between a rock and a hard-on

Yancy just read that but all he saw was rock hard-on

LockeDawg
03-14-2017, 12:16 PM
I believe when tbey hired the beav (and this is a leave it to beaver reference), tbey thought he was the perfect one they could control. Almost like a dullard and patsy, but the power changed him, It went to his head, not realizing that his success was based on outside influences (THE NETWORK). Now he knows where the bodies are buried and refuses to give in. And what choice does Ole Miss have?Perfect post! Hugh has OM by the short hairs.

To be frankly honest, I'm enjoying this slow, smoldering burn on the Plantation.

DownwardDawg
03-14-2017, 12:19 PM
To be frankly honest, I'm enjoying this slow, smoldering burn on the Plantation.

Me too!!! It couldn't be playing out any better for us. It's a beautiful slow burning campfire.