PDA

View Full Version : OM-Texas line has moved from 3 1/2 to -4 1/2 Texas...

Coach34
09-10-2013, 02:22 PM
firing Manny gave the bettors some more confidence on Texas

RougeDawg
09-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Or maybe people around the country just got around to looking at what juggernauts OM has played thus far in the season.

cheewgumm
09-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Hate to bet on om but its gotta be done.

CJDAWG85
09-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Take Texas

RougeDawg
09-10-2013, 02:55 PM
TX gonna roll up Bucky and the Bears. Wait and see. Shitty Vandy made a ton of mistakes and still should have beaten them. Wallace will be back to his usual turnover mode against a competent team. Vandy may have one more SEC win this year against Kentucky.

bocfarm
09-10-2013, 02:56 PM
firing Manny gave the bettors some more confidence on Texas

Will your book take that bet, mine and 3 others don't have it on the board yet

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2013, 02:59 PM
TX gonna roll up Bucky and the Bears. Wait and see. Shitty Vandy made a ton of mistakes and still should have beaten them. Wallace will be back to his usual turnover mode against a competent team. Vandy may have one more SEC win this year against Kentucky.

I think everyone will see what Vandy is made of this week against South Carolina.

If they keep it within 10 points, I'll be stunned. I hope they don't because I have been telling every bear that will listen that Vandy is basically Kentucky, but if they can play SC close, I may have to eat those words.

Coach34
09-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Will your book take that bet, mine and 3 others don't have it on the board yet

not yet- I was looking around on VegasInsider

Coach34
09-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Hate to bet on om but its gotta be done.

I wouldnt do that if I were you...

hailmari
09-10-2013, 03:44 PM
I won't be surprised or impressed with whoever wins.

regdawg18
09-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I think Ole Miss is going to win. Or at least I would like to see this painted as a must win for them. I mean how can they lose now? They are supposed to be better than BYU right? Arent they a contender in the SEC West?

fishwater99
09-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I agree C34..

Texas wins by 10+ this Saturday night in Austin...

EAVdog
09-10-2013, 04:02 PM
This is one of those games where the mental state of both teams is going to be a huge factor. Does Texas fold, does Ole Miss get a come-upance, does the loss of Manny inspire or depress the Defense?

I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win and win big. I don't really see a close game, which is about all I'm willing to guess.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
09-11-2013, 09:09 AM
I'd be curious to know if that movement has anything to do with money coming in on Texas from Vegas itself. I know that sometimes they will put down money in order to move the line one way or the other and get more action coming in, which is generally a pretty big indicator of how they feel the game will go.

Bothrops
09-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't know the state of mind that Texas is in right now, but I figure they must feel enough obligation/pride to win at home against a lower tier SEC team. I really feel like the depth issues that OM has could cost them later in the game. But then again, Texas could go full USC on them from the start...

Tough call

bocfarm
09-11-2013, 09:39 AM
The books won't even take the game as of right now...I realize the line is out there on vegasinsider but you can't bet on it. There a reason for that.

HancockCountyDog
09-11-2013, 09:43 AM
The books won't even take the game as of right now...I realize the line is out there on vegasinsider but you can't bet on it. There a reason for that.

I think it has to do with Ash and whether he plays. If he plays I think Texas wins by 10+. If he doesn't, I still think Texas wins, but its close.

ckDOG
09-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Unless the OM WR corps are really that bad ass, I don't see them having the power running game necessary to move the ball against a defense with solid talent. Their running game was non-existent against Vandy and the OL took a hit since then. BYU bowled over the Texas defensive front. I can't see OM doing that unless they are able to burn UT deep with Moncrief. That remains to be seen, but I'll believe it when I see it...

Bear@Work
09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Even if OM wins, that tells me nothing. Texas is a walking trainwreck right now. Same with Vandy without Boyd and with the scandal hanging over their heads plus they're just not very good. No matter what OM does in that game, it tells me nothing. Unless, of course, they lose. Then it confirms everything we already know...that Bucky's Bears are a sham.

I've been watching the line since it first came out and it hasn't moved. The VI Open showed -3.5 Texas the same time the concensus was posted as -4.5. The Diaz firing came after that and they haven't updated since. Plus, Ash appears to be questionable so it doesn't surprise me they haven't released that line.

Good thing for us though, when they actually do release it it will probably be a DRAW or OM laying points and we can jump all over that. My wife and I usually set aside $500 every 2 weeks out of our paychecks so we can take a big vacation every year. Since we last went to Paris in May, that fund will be up to $3500 and I'm gonna double it up with Texas this weekend!!! Really hope they make that line available.

cheewgumm
09-11-2013, 10:56 AM
The place i go had no line...so couldn't, but I woulda.

I wouldnt do that if I were you...

bocfarm
09-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm taking OM and the points or even if their favored by a few. TX is this yrs Arkansas, their gonna lay down after OM runs all over them in the first qrt

Maroons
09-11-2013, 01:43 PM
The place i go had no line...so couldn't, but I woulda.

5Dimes had it at UT -2.5 as of late Wed. morning.

From what I gather, McCoy will be the QB.

thunderclap
09-11-2013, 01:52 PM
That line has sucker bet written all over it. I just can't figure out for which side.

bocfarm
09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
It's on the board now at -2.5 TX...McCoy is starting and their #1 WR isn't playing

Easy bet