PDA

View Full Version : Staley highlights so far from this year

Coach34
09-10-2013, 12:59 PM
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1137566/highlights/66932375

He's a player but good grief- those teams he is playing look like Kemper Academy and Sylva Bay Academy

FISHDAWG
09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
nice speed & arm strength ... didn't realize he was a lefty, that could come in handy on roll outs to that side

smootness
09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Nevermind, no reason to re-hash an old debate.

The bottom line is, the kid has a ton of talent and I'm glad we got him. I hope he continues to tear it up and moves up recruiting rankings; he certainly is no 3-star.

Dawgface
09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
He looks good. Hope he sticks with us.

Tough Dawg
09-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Staley will be a great addition to the MSU family. Glad he chose us. Hope he continues to have a great senior year.

Coach34
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
The bottom line is, the kid has a ton of talent and I'm glad we got him. I hope he continues to tear it up and moves up recruiting rankings; he certainly is no 3-star.

He is certainly A 4-star level kid-no doubt about that

hailmari
09-10-2013, 01:40 PM
I know he's tall, but geez.. He makes everybody else on the field look tiny.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Damn...Staley looks huge out there. I would be surprised if he doesn't get bumped up to a 4 star.

msstate7
09-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I've heard he was very raw so I expected his running to look better than passing. To me his passing looked better. Of course, it is a highlight reel. I'd like to see a whole game.

coachcamp
09-11-2013, 12:18 PM
This team moved down to 5AAAAA a couple years ago. We are 6AAAAAA. Also when Elijah was a 10th grader. This team beat us by like 4 TD's! weve only beat this team a few times over the last 10 or 15 years. we had to get some get back!! lol we owe a bunch of teams.

He's a player but good grief- those teams he is playing look like Kemper Academy and Sylva Bay Academy[/QUOTE]

ckDOG
09-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty impressed with his passing. Of course, these are highlights, but he showed some nice touch. His release was pretty quick for a guy with such long arms too. You would expect a guy like him to have to take a bit to wind up. I hope we hang on to this guy..sky is the limit for him if he gets the mental game down when he makes the transition to SEC ball.

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Nevermind, no reason to re-hash an old debate.

One star or five stars...I don't care. He did something in that highlight reel you very rarely see at MSU. He was hitting receivers in stride without them having to reach back behind them, jump for the ball, try to dig it off the turf, or just stop and try to readjust to the ball. You couple that with what looks to be a very legimate running threat and I can't wait to see him in maroon and white.

RougeDawg
09-11-2013, 01:05 PM
He's got a long stride and very effortless release. Damn he is big! Will work perfectly in our offense.

trob115
09-11-2013, 01:22 PM
He will push for the starting job next year. He's to talented not too. If somehow he enrolled in the spring and didn't play basketball, I actually think he could at least split half the snaps with Dak.

TrueMaroon
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
He will push for the starting job next year. He's to talented not too. If somehow he enrolled in the spring and didn't play basketball, I actually think he could at least split half the snaps with Dak.

I said this the other day, but just imagine DeRunya Wilson with a cannon of a arm. FREAKlete who can throw. Its going to be fun guys.

FISHDAWG
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
with Dak being a run type guy, Staley may very well get playing time next year ... I bet Dan doesn't redshirt him

smootness
09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
with Dak being a run type guy, Staley may very well get playing time next year ... I bet Dan doesn't redshirt him

Based on Mullen's history, I'd be beyond shocked if this happens. Well...let me rephrase: it wouldn't be the most shocking thing if he didn't redshirt, considering our QB depth (though I'd still be surprised), but I can't imagine him getting any meaningful snaps with Dak healthy. And again, nothing against him at all, he's a serious talent - that's just Mullen's MO, especially at QB. Dak has been groomed for the job and will have it; Staley will start being groomed next year.

FlabLoser
09-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Based on Mullen's history, I'd be beyond shocked if this happens. Well...let me rephrase: it wouldn't be the most shocking thing if he didn't redshirt, considering our QB depth (though I'd still be surprised), but I can't imagine him getting any meaningful snaps with Dak healthy. And again, nothing against him at all, he's a serious talent - that's just Mullen's MO, especially at QB. Dak has been groomed for the job and will have it; Staley will start being groomed next year.

Dan gives everybody a fair shot at competing for a job. Always has. You can say you doubt Staley can win the job. But I guarantee you Staley is going to be given opportunity to win a roster spot and that's all any player wants.

Russell didn't get many snaps when he was young because he was a turnover machine. Dak was going to get more snaps as a So than Russell did because he is ready and Dan said as much. Right now that's a moot point because Dak is getting a lot more snaps due to injury.

The point being - Mullen gives out snaps based on how ready a guy is and that's up to the player.

FISHDAWG
09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
we are already playing our back up QB and were doing so in the first game of the season ..... and our starter was a passer. You start to see my logic now ? With Williams looking like he did, I kinda wish we would redshirt ES but I also think Dan will use every asset he has next year to keep the wolves at bay ... and ES could very well be called upon if either of those two QB's go down

thf24
09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
His cuts in the first highlight look like Perk's, and that fade in the second was a thing of beauty. Can't wait to see him take the field for us.

coachcamp
09-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Fishdawg, it would surprise me if Dan Redshirts him. He is to scared he'd lose him to basketball. Elijah is gonna surprise a lot of folks once he gets to Starkville and get some REAL QB training for 3 months strait. He is a little raw but you must admit, he's not that far off from being sound with his fundamentals. his arm is a lot stronger than 247 gives him credit for. He was at my practice last week, and he stood on the 50 yd line and hit the goal post 3x in a row! Then he stepped back 10 yds and started THROWING 70 yd FIELD GOALS!! I'll post a video soon.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Coach - if he flips @ the last minute I'm gonna have a stroke ...can't wait to get him on campus

coachcamp
09-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Coach - if he flips @ the last minute I'm gonna have a stroke ...can't wait to get him on campus

He wont flip. We not gonna let that happen! lol

msstate7
09-12-2013, 03:09 PM
He wont flip. We not gonna let that happen! lol

Likes this post

Political Hack
09-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Fishdawg, it would surprise me if Dan Redshirts him. He is to scared he'd lose him to basketball. Elijah is gonna surprise a lot of folks once he gets to Starkville and get some REAL QB training for 3 months strait. He is a little raw but you must admit, he's not that far off from being sound with his fundamentals. his arm is a lot stronger than 247 gives him credit for. He was at my practice last week, and he stood on the 50 yd line and hit the goal post 3x in a row! Then he stepped back 10 yds and started THROWING 70 yd FIELD GOALS!! I'll post a video soon.

please don't post this!!! lol. Everyone else will realize how good he is and it'll become an all out nationwide fight for him. I don't know how it's not already.

PassInterference
09-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I remember 70 yards was about as far as Brett Favre could sling it.

smootness
09-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Fishdawg, it would surprise me if Dan Redshirts him. He is to scared he'd lose him to basketball.

Well, this is something I didn't think about haha. That's actually a very good point - and I'll be honest, nothing would please me more because that means he really is that good.