PDA

View Full Version : OM and South Panola High School

coachnorm
03-12-2017, 12:18 PM
With the recent evolution of OM and the NCAA, I am wondering if South Panola High School will be as relevant in the Mississippi High School Football scene in the future. I believe that OM used South Panola High School as a conduit for preferential recruiting practices. I suspect that some benefits could have been bestowed to SPHS, by OM, which gave it a competitive advantage at the high school level. Could fellow Elite Doggers give me their opinions on how the high school football scene may play out on this type of issue?

Human Meat
03-12-2017, 12:47 PM
I do not think it will matter. Those kids had trouble qualifying even with the cheaters' methods.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-12-2017, 12:49 PM
With the recent evolution of OM and the NCAA, I am wondering if South Panola High School will be as relevant in the Mississippi High School Football scene in the future. I believe that OM used South Panola High School as a conduit for preferential recruiting practices. I suspect that some benefits could have been bestowed to SPHS, by OM, which gave it a competitive advantage at the high school level. Could fellow Elite Doggers give me their opinions on how the high school football scene may play out on this type of issue?

They've already begun to decline.

GTHOM
03-12-2017, 04:26 PM
They've already begun to decline.

South Panola is gonna be really good in 2017. We'll find out quick their schedule is tough but Ricky Woods+ SP talent= good

Mimi's Babies
03-12-2017, 05:52 PM

You have no clue how many football teams, schools, coaches and administration of High schools have their everything on the line because of OM (remember that there is a FERPA Law, that has been broken if the recruiter is in the school or field houses)..... I am waiting for some high schools to take a HUGE hit after this mess.... IF NOT then MSHSAA will have NO CONTROL over what colleges will be allowed to do OR WHAT OM was ALLOWED to do in a certain HIGH SCHOOL.....

Mimi's Babies
03-12-2017, 05:53 PM
South Panola is gonna be really good in 2017. We'll find out quick their schedule is tough but Ricky Woods+ SP talent= good

WAS R W, high school coach at SP, when the students were being transported to Waynesboro, MS to take the ACT?

GTHOM
03-12-2017, 08:48 PM
WAS R W, high school coach at SP, when the students were being transported to Waynesboro, MS to take the ACT?

I know he left for a while to coach somewhere in ARK I believe. Not sure honestly.

War Machine Dawg
03-12-2017, 11:31 PM

This all day. Pogue was killing the program. Having Coach Woods back puts us back in business sooner rather than later. SP will likely never dominate the way they did for the last 15 years, but anyone thinking they'll become irrelevant is fooling themselves.

And any idiot continuing to spew bullshit about SP recruiting can eat that bullshit sandwich. The last names of SP's players haven't changed in going on 30 years - Pegues, Market, Sanford, Strong, Conner, Brassel, Rudd, Townsend, etc. I could drive you around Panola County and show you exactly where these families live. SP plays the game the same as everyone else. Their kids just live and breath football 24/7, 365 while other schools don't.

War Machine Dawg
03-12-2017, 11:32 PM
I know he left for a while to coach somewhere in ARK I believe. Not sure honestly.

He "retired" and went to GA for a couple of seasons. Came back to coach at NWCC, but they didn't invest in the program the way they promised him. He left there to go to Starkville.

TUSK
03-13-2017, 12:44 AM
This all day. Pogue was killing the program. Having Coach Woods back puts us back in business sooner rather than later. SP will likely never dominate the way they did for the last 15 years, but anyone thinking they'll become irrelevant is fooling themselves.

And any idiot continuing to spew bullshit about SP recruiting can eat that bullshit sandwich. The last names of SP's players haven't changed in going on 30 years - Pegues, Market, Sanford, Strong, Conner, Brassel, Rudd, Townsend, etc. I could drive you around Panola County and show you exactly where these families live. SP plays the game the same as everyone else. Their kids just live and breath football 24/7, 365 while other schools don't.

good to see ya, again, WMD...

peace.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-13-2017, 09:01 AM
Gangs from Memphis have overrun Panola County.....The school is a mess, at one point because of Pogue, they had 8 Principals in 8 years.... When is the last time a recruit from South Panola made a positive Impact in the SEC?

Mimi's Babies
03-13-2017, 12:06 PM

We will know just how connected a certain coach is to OM..... when the NOA comes out....
The question is: IS the OM connection in THIS NOA or is there a 3rd NOA (????) along with CERTAIN other high school coaches waiting for the hammer???? hum........

I promise there is a HUGE connection...... Wait for it........

Mimi's Babies
03-13-2017, 12:14 PM
He "retired" and went to GA for a couple of seasons. Came back to coach at NWCC, but they didn't invest in the program the way they promised him. He left there to go to Starkville.

???? Have you EVER wondered WHY "HE" left Starkville????