PDA

View Full Version : Malik Dear ACL?

state66
03-11-2017, 11:14 PM
Any legs to the rumor he tore his ACL? That really hurts an already thin WR group.

Todd4State
03-11-2017, 11:22 PM
Well, I hope Gabe Myles has improved a lot.

maroonmania
03-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Wait, wait, I thought Dan, I mean IYOK, said it was nothing serious?

msstate7
03-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Well, I hope Gabe Myles has improved a lot.

Gabe was good in the slot his freshman and sophomore years. He definetely struggled out wide last year. I want him in the slot regardless of dear's health

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-11-2017, 11:38 PM

I would think him being in the ER would be more than "nothing serious."

Todd4State
03-11-2017, 11:47 PM

Well, sometimes ACL tears don't present with a lot of pain in some people. In other people in can be excruciating. There is no rhyme or reason to it. So, in his defense I can see why it would appear to not be that serious initially and then we find out that it is a tear later on. Although it hasn't been confirmed as a tear either.

Todd4State
03-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Gabe was good in the slot his freshman and sophomore years. He definetely struggled out wide last year. I want him in the slot regardless of dear's health

I thought he was pretty good on screen passes but on routes down the field it seems like he drops the ball a lot. I'm not too worried about the slot position. Mixon looked good and I think Deddrick Thomas will be pretty good as well.

lamont
03-11-2017, 11:58 PM
It's not confirmed yet but that is the rumor

Reason2succeed
03-12-2017, 12:11 AM
That sucks for him but hopefully he can come back, rehab, and regain his speed and burst. If so it could help stagger the eligibility of a loaded slot position.

lamont
03-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Loaded slot position??? Dear and Mixon. If Dear is out- that leaves Mixon and who knows what???.

CadaverDawg
03-12-2017, 12:29 AM
It's not confirmed yet but that is the rumor

Reminds me of the great Doc Holliday...

http://i.imgur.com/q2WIlHc.gif

Dawg61
03-12-2017, 12:29 AM
Loaded slot position??? Dear and Mixon. If Dear is out- that leaves Mixon and who knows what???.

Yea Dear is a big loss, hope it's just a rumor

Irondawg
03-12-2017, 12:33 AM
D thomas was moving to the slot this year as I recall

Coldsleeve Jr.
03-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Was mini me training him

MetEdDawg
03-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Well, sometimes ACL tears don't present with a lot of pain in some people. In other people in can be excruciating. There is no rhyme or reason to it. So, in his defense I can see why it would appear to not be that serious initially and then we find out that it is a tear later on. Although it hasn't been confirmed as a tear either.

My ACL tear felt like nothing. Knew I had done something but had no clue I tore my ACL. I was just really weak. But there was zero pain. Just swelling. When I popped my MCL about 20 minutes later and couldn't stand, only then did I know I was in some serious trouble.

So I can definitely vouch for the not knowing it's an ACL tear when it happens. Hopefully this isn't a tear and just a sprain.

preachermatt83
03-12-2017, 07:45 AM
Was mini me training him

Ha!! Nice one.

DownwardDawg
03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Reminds me of the great Doc Holliday...

http://i.imgur.com/q2WIlHc.gif

Awesome! +1

I seen it dawg
03-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Was mini me training him

Bazinga

bulldawg28
03-12-2017, 11:32 AM

Thomas, Myles, Mixon, are 3. It honestly doesn't matter whose in the slot or outside. Any WR could play in the slot.

lamont
03-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Thomas, Myles, Mixon, are 3. It honestly doesn't matter whose in the slot or outside. Any WR could play in the slot.

Myles is playing outside because of our lack of talent at the outside WR position. Moving him would force Couch or Todd into the starting line-up, and thats not a good thing. Thomas is not a guy we really want to use to run the jet and other things we do with the Slot WR. So no- we arent loaded at any WR by any means. Losing Dear would just make this group even closer to the bottom of the SEC in talent.

maroonmania
03-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Myles is playing outside because of our lack of talent at the outside WR position. Moving him would force Couch or Todd into the starting line-up, and thats not a good thing. Thomas is not a guy we really want to use to run the jet and other things we do with the Slot WR. So no- we arent loaded at any WR by any means. Losing Dear would just make this group even closer to the bottom of the SEC in talent.

If Myles plays like he did last year then him starting anywhere is a bad thing. Any alternative would be no worse. Dude could literally not catch a cold.

Human Meat
03-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Won't matter with this offensive line. Will be lucky to get to 6-6.

bulldawg28
03-12-2017, 04:11 PM

Couch and Todd are SEC talented. Starting them creates and immediate match up problem. That's a good problem to have. As you and I both know playing the WR position is one of the easier positions to transition into from high school.

GTHOM
03-12-2017, 04:24 PM

Care to place money on that?

lamont
03-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Couch and Todd are SEC talented. Starting them creates and immediate match up problem. That's a good problem to have. As you and I both know playing the WR position is one of the easier positions to transition into from high school.

Couch and Todd are Joe Morrow and Robert Johnson

msstate7
03-12-2017, 04:52 PM

How you arrive at this conclusion? Couch only has 8 catches for 113 yards and Todd has yet to take the field

Bothrops
03-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Didn't Alabama come late at Todd? If so, I'd like to think he has something.

We don't recruit the WR position with much urgency it seems. Another wtf that I'll never understand.

msstate7
03-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Didn't Alabama come late at Todd? If so, I'd like to think he has something.

We don't recruit the WR position with much urgency it seems. Another wtf that I'll never understand.

Not sure if bama came after Todd. They did send mixon scholarship papers

Turfdawg67
03-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Care to place money on that?

May have to travel to Oxford to collect...

lamont
03-12-2017, 05:41 PM
How you arrive at this conclusion? Couch only has 8 catches for 113 yards and Todd has yet to take the field

based on reports from people I know and what I see with my own eyes. I'll get to see practice at the end of the month- cant wait to see them then

EliteDawgEnforcer
03-12-2017, 06:10 PM

Good bye Goat Holder

lamont
03-12-2017, 06:22 PM
lol- that damn Goat

Maroon Wizardry
03-12-2017, 06:46 PM
What about Osirus Mitchell, Donald Gray, and Jesse Jackson?

Coldsleeve Jr.
03-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Human Meat lol

bulldawg28
03-12-2017, 07:09 PM

Morrow nor Johnson could catch like Couch.

SDDawg
03-12-2017, 07:19 PM

Kylin Hill maybe?

Commercecomet24
03-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Not saying you're wrong but that's an awful quick judgement considering neither has seen much playing time. Can't we wait a bit longer before writing off freshman?

Commercecomet24
03-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Good bye Goat Holder

Thought his posts sounded awful familiar lol

lamont
03-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Not saying you're wrong but that's an awful quick judgement considering neither has seen much playing time. Can't we wait a bit longer before writing off freshman?

Couch will be a Soph and I have seen both in action. They are RoJo and Morrow

starkvegasdawg
03-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Good bye Goat Holder

In my best Hank Hill voice...that boy ain't right.

BayouDawg
03-12-2017, 07:42 PM

A little off topic but think we should have moved RoJo to tight end. He was a tweener but I think he could have given LBs and safeties fits.

msstate7
03-12-2017, 08:01 PM

With your ability to project players 4 years down the line by watching a couple practices, you should let NFL GMs pay you for your expertise with the draft fast approaching

lamont
03-12-2017, 08:11 PM
With your ability to project players 4 years down the line by watching a couple practices, you should let NFL GMs pay you for your expertise with the draft fast approaching

no shit. I ****ed that op up 20 years ago. Fortunately it has allowed me the chance to work at Taco Bell for Taco Tuhouy now.

The "I told you so" card is fun to play tho. It never gets old year after year. Seeing everyone flip out about me being right as we went 5-7 this year was very gratifying. Just think about if I had been wrong about the Om investigation????

Maroon Wizardry
03-12-2017, 08:21 PM
I think we will be just fine on receiving... if we can just get them to work back to Fitz after the play breaks down we will be fine and dandy

Bothrops
03-12-2017, 08:24 PM
We have shitty luck at receiver. Wilson leaving us cost us as many as 3 games last year. No bullshit.

Corn Bread
03-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Good bye Goat Holder

Enforcer, simply Awesome!

Commercecomet24
03-12-2017, 08:36 PM

Guess we will find out for sure soon enough.

shoeless joe
03-12-2017, 08:37 PM
no shit. I ****ed that op up 20 years ago. Fortunately it has allowed me the chance to work at Taco Bell for Taco Tuhouy now.

The "I told you so" card is fun to play tho. It never gets old year after year. Seeing everyone flip out about me being right as we went 5-7 this year was very gratifying. Just think about if I had been wrong about the Om investigation????

said to no ones surprise

maroonmania
03-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Back to the original point of the thread, any further word on Dear's condition?

msstate7
03-12-2017, 08:40 PM
said to no ones surprise

Really... happy we had a losing record

GTHOM
03-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Robert Johnson was a productive WR for us. I'd take another him in a heartbeat. Couch, Todd and Mitchell give us some serious size at WR. But they have no talent so we're done, in March.***********

GTHOM
03-12-2017, 08:45 PM

Was thinking the same thing

Commercecomet24
03-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Robert Johnson was a productive WR for us. I'd take another him in a heartbeat. Couch, Todd and Mitchell give us some serious size at WR. But they have no talent so we're done, in March.***********

Yep might as well not buy tickets this year********************

HSVDawg
03-12-2017, 11:10 PM
I would think him being in the ER would be more than "nothing serious."

I don't get the whole ER thing. Its not like if we have a guy that feels something pop at practice, we rush him to OCH and stick him in a waiting room for 3 hours sitting next to a guy who cut a finger tip off with his hedge clippers and a homeless guy with bronchitis. We have a team of trainers and doctors that are more than capable of making a tentative, worst case diagnosis and immobilizing the affected area until he can get an X-ray, MRI, or whatever the case may be. Whoever claimed he was in the ER for a torn ACL is full of shit, unless he tore it playing pickup basketball at 1 AM and literally couldn't reach anyone on the team's medical staff.

bulldawg28
03-13-2017, 03:04 PM

This

lamont
03-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Really... happy we had a losing record

People need to learn they shouldnt jump on someone or spout "agenda!!!!" for calling it how he sees it. You cant raise hell about something and say no way it happens- and not expect it to be thrown back in your face when it does.

lamont
03-13-2017, 03:24 PM

RoJo's 69 catches over 4 years and 3 TD's were amazing werent they? He was a really good blocker though

Ifyouonlyknew
03-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Back to the original topic. It's not 100% confirmed but look like I was wrong. Should have confirmation this week & will be known to the public next week. Hate it for Malik.

maroonmania
03-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Back to the original topic. It's not 100% confirmed but look like I was wrong. Should have confirmation this week & will be known to the public next week. Hate it for Malik.

Malik has a redshirt year still available correct?

Liverpooldawg
03-13-2017, 04:17 PM

Unreal. Shaking my head.

lamont
03-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Malik has a redshirt year still available correct?

yes

WesternSkyDawg
03-13-2017, 05:19 PM
I don't get the whole ER thing. Its not like if we have a guy that feels something pop at practice, we rush him to OCH and stick him in a waiting room for 3 hours sitting next to a guy who cut a finger tip off with his hedge clippers and a homeless guy with bronchitis. We have a team of trainers and doctors that are more than capable of making a tentative, worst case diagnosis and immobilizing the affected area until he can get an X-ray, MRI, or whatever the case may be. Whoever claimed he was in the ER for a torn ACL is full of shit, unless he tore it playing pickup basketball at 1 AM and literally couldn't reach anyone on the team's medical staff.

Unless it's a catastrophic injury like Napoleon McCallum or Robert Edwards, involving injury to nerves or blood vessels.

Those guys almost lost their leg due to blood loss or disrupted blood flow.

Not saying that's what happened to Malik; have no idea of his injury.

GTHOM
03-13-2017, 05:55 PM
RoJo's 69 catches over 4 years and 3 TD's were amazing werent they? He was a really good blocker though

69 catches over 4 years when you're playing with Jameon Lewis, Bear Wilson and others aint bad

KentuckyDawg13
03-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Rojo was a solid receiver for us. Not an ALL-SEC type, but productive.

Political Hack
03-14-2017, 08:23 AM
RoJo was Tarzan. He just couldn't learn the offense. It's that simple.

maroonmania
03-14-2017, 01:32 PM
RoJo was Tarzan. He just couldn't learn the offense. It's that simple.

I think at this point its ridiculous to say what Couch, Todd and Jones can or can't do in our offense. I mean when Wilson came in who would have thought he and his 4.9 speed would be missed so much 3+ years later after he departed early.

basedog
03-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Malik has missed several games for disciplinary reasons also. Decent player who I thought would be a difference maker but for several reasons he hasn't. Hopefully he will be that play maker.

BB30
03-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Unreal. Shaking my head.

Is it really that shocking...Never seen somebody that loves making blanket statements and then when he is wrong finding some buckshot excuse , IE things just didnt go as they should have because of da da da da da.... He will still argue that Miles was a better coach than Saban.

I kind of enjoy it. It gets pretty comical from time to time. I tip my cap he is good at semi-trolling /semi serious discussion. We all think its hilarious when it involves OM and find it insulting when it involves something you or I don't agree with. Just part of the internet, the quicker you learn to laugh at it the easier it will be to read.

Cloak
04-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Saw that Mullen confirmed the torn ACL...he said there's a chance Malik plays this upcoming season. Anyone with knowledge on the subject know the likelihood of this happening?

gtowndawg
04-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Good bye Goat Holder

ha!

sandwolf
04-12-2017, 03:59 PM
I will be interested to see how he rebounds from this. I have heard that he really has to work hard to his weight under control, so hopefully he doesn't blow up and get too out of shape while he is sidelined.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-12-2017, 04:51 PM
I assume Dr. Jones outta Columbus did his surgery. He did my ACL surgery & also cleaned up some cartilage. I was told it would be 6 months w/ rehab before I could play football again. Unless they have reason to be overly cautious I'd expect him back late September/ early October.

Of course, that was 10 years ago & I wasn't 1/1000th the athlete that Dear is. More sophisticated surgery & rehab methods + Dear's athleticism could shorten the time. However, OL don't rely as much on lateral agility so his slot position could give reason for extra caution. Just speaking from my experience w/ Dr. Jones.

BoomBoom
04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Saw that Mullen confirmed the torn ACL...he said there's a chance Malik plays this upcoming season. Anyone with knowledge on the subject know the likelihood of this happening?

there's a world of difference between a torn, but not separated, ACL, and a fully torn ACL. the former doesn't even require surgery, and very well could be close enough to fully recovered to play ball on after 6 months.

99jc
04-12-2017, 06:47 PM
there's a world of difference between a torn, but not separated, ACL, and a fully torn ACL. the former doesn't even require surgery, and very well could be close enough to fully recovered to play ball on after 6 months.

Nm

shrimp
04-13-2017, 07:33 PM

When you say "torn, but not separated," is that the same as or akin to it being "stretched?"

I seen it dawg
04-13-2017, 07:52 PM

Separated? Please explain....

Bully13
04-13-2017, 09:03 PM

Nice

Bully13
04-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Good bye Goat Holder

Classic bust by the enforcer. Lmao. What's goats trip anyway? What are his issues? Just an overly negative MSU fan or rebel troll?

BoomBoom
04-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Separated? Please explain....

not a doc, but by my understanding if the ACL fully tears then it separates, the ends pull apart from each other, and thus can't heal without surgery to rejoin the ligament. if the tear is partial, then it can heal on its own. that's what happened with mine.

msstate7
04-14-2017, 02:50 PM
not a doc, but by my understanding if the ACL fully tears then it separates, the ends pull apart from each other, and thus can't heal without surgery to rejoin the ligament. if the tear is partial, then it can heal on its own. that's what happened with mine.

Running to a trump rally?**

I seen it dawg
04-14-2017, 03:03 PM

Any trauma to the acl can make the acl to be considered "torn". The acl is made of 2 bundles which are comprised of fibers. When trauma occurs fibers are tearing hence "torn acl". It's just the degree which determines surgical route or no surgery at all. The fibers of the acl typical avulse from the attachment on the femur which may be the separation you are thinking of. Also the fibers pull away from each other when trauma occurs as the ligament pulls away from the femur or "ruptures".

Todd4State
04-14-2017, 04:01 PM

With most anything orthopedic there are "grades" of tears/fractures etc. depending on how severe the injury is. Typically the higher the number the more severe. Grade 3 would be typically considered more severe than Grade 1. I don't know what grade Dear has.

But they do have a new technique that is supposed to help heal ACL injuries a lot more quickly and it sounds weird, but if it works... Basically the surgeon takes a piece of gauze soaked in the patients blood and then uses that to re-attach the tendon to the bone and it seems to have good results so far.

dawgoneyall
04-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Running to a trump rally?**

:)