PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe the SEC as a conference is improving in basketball?

RC3
03-11-2017, 05:27 PM
I see some pretty decent teams out there right now. And the coaching across the league is definitely better than it has been in recent years. I still don't know if the southeastern portion of the country is producing enough high end prospects to get the conference ahead of some of the others, but it seems we are definitely trending upwards as a whole

IMissJack
03-11-2017, 11:11 PM
I don't know. I have watched several other Conference Tournaments this weekend, and I would say the SEC is significantly behind many conferences, and the top conferences seem to play a different game. I would also say without doubt that the officiating in other P5 conferences is night and day better. The product for the ACC and PAC 12 games seem to be very good with the "new officiating", while the SEC is unbearable to watch with the pace it has.

BayouDawg
03-11-2017, 11:13 PM
I really hope the conference does something about the officiating this summer. Surely they've heard enough complaints to do so.

RC3
03-12-2017, 10:22 AM
I really hope the conference does something about the officiating this summer. Surely they've heard enough complaints to do so.

it made games tough to watch this year; but the few games I watched of the SEC tourney did not seem as bad

Mimi's Babies
03-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Has anyone heard if MSU is looking to recruit Kelsey Jones, SHS, for girls basketball?
She is the sister of #52 Kobe Jones, last year Red shirt Freshman......

BayouDawg
03-12-2017, 07:26 PM
it made games tough to watch this year; but the few games I watched of the SEC tourney did not seem as bad

Yea the tourney wasn't quite as bad as the regular season. It still wasn't great. I'm convinced Templeton is over the conference officiating.

CadaverDawg
03-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Yes, but as a whole so it doesn't standout as much

Bothrops
03-12-2017, 08:19 PM
College basketball has lost popularity in recent years, while football has gone crazy. Kids are choosing football over basketball in high school more frequently, and bball coaching has gone down at the hs level, as well. I think, somehow, social media has played a part in the decline. Gamedays need some work. I'd hope to see the energy return to the SEC.

BulldogBacker
03-12-2017, 08:37 PM
I see some pretty decent teams out there right now. And the coaching across the league is definitely better than it has been in recent years. I still don't know if the southeastern portion of the country is producing enough high end prospects to get the conference ahead of some of the others, but it seems we are definitely trending upwards as a whole

There has been significant investments in the SEC, better coaches, more and better facilities, so the SEC is improving.

GTHOM
03-12-2017, 08:53 PM
Officiating has to get better. I bet I watched less SEC basketball this season than I have watched in my life. Its boring and UK will get every single call in every single game they play vs SEC teams. They arent even that good IMO. Definitely not as good as they have been, just another year for Calipari to blow it. Kansas, UNC, Duke and Arizona would beat them soundly right now

RC3
03-24-2017, 10:36 PM
Hmmm. Possibly three teams into the elite eight

99jc
03-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Hmmm. Possibly three teams into the elite eight

That's why they play the game. Paper champions and top 25 is not indicative of the reality. If the sec ends up playing each other for championship I think the weak league bullshit talk needs to end.

tcdog70
03-25-2017, 10:42 AM
SEC has upgraded the Coaches thus better teams.

smootness
03-25-2017, 10:48 AM
I thought the SEC was pretty clearly better this year, if not quite where the top leagues were. And I think it's definitely on the way up. The coaching has improved leaps and bounds over the last 3-4 years. The worst or most unproven coaches in the league are guys like the Kennedys, Mark Fox, Will Wade, and Cuonzo Martin. Think about that.

dawgs
03-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Yeah, coaching has improved leaps and bounds in the last 3-4 years. Bama, auburn, and us should all be tourney teams next season, no excuses (other than a msu pitching staff 2017 type run of injuries).

msstate7
03-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Yeah, coaching has improved leaps and bounds in the last 3-4 years. Bama, auburn, and us should all be tourney teams next season, no excuses (other than a msu pitching staff 2017 type run of injuries).

Add aTm to that list and I think even OM. The SEC is gonna be really good next season

Commercecomet24
03-25-2017, 02:40 PM
I'd have to say......yeah.