lamont
03-11-2017, 01:39 PM
awesome. Thanks for posting

CadaverDawg
03-11-2017, 01:56 PM
That's great news

MaroonFlounder
03-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Make Diamond Dawg baseball great again!!!

Cooterpoot
03-11-2017, 10:12 PM
I'll never forget the LFL. It was great.

msstatelp1
03-11-2017, 10:43 PM
I'll never forget the LFL. It was great.

Old farts like me that used to drive their pickups to the original LFL (and out after every game) said the same thing when the current configuration went up.

IMissJack
03-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Saw today on SEC network that a&m is building a $28M dollar softball park. They said it is a game changer for women's softball. They just built the Blue Bell Park a couple of years ago for baseball. I'm sure this one will have corporate backing too.

drummerdawg
03-11-2017, 11:21 PM
Old farts like me that used to drive their pickups to the original LFL (and out after every game) said the same thing when the current configuration went up.

At least the Loungers got to make the current configuration. Whether it's just pickups or rigs doesn't matter, it's cool because it's authentic and unique. The problem is the school taking over and making cookie cutter grilling pads. I'd rather see us go back to pickup trucks than these new things.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Saw today on SEC network that a&m is building a $28M dollar softball park. They said it is a game changer for women's softball. They just built the Blue Bell Park a couple of years ago for baseball. I'm sure this one will have corporate backing too.

No need, they'll just reach into their petty cash budget.

Cooterpoot
03-12-2017, 08:24 AM
The money being spent in college athletics is out of control. It's not good for college athletics.

starkvegasdawg
03-12-2017, 08:30 AM
At least the Loungers got to make the current configuration. Whether it's just pickups or rigs doesn't matter, it's cool because it's authentic and unique. The problem is the school taking over and making cookie cutter grilling pads. I'd rather see us go back to pickup trucks than these new things.

Amen

Human Meat
03-12-2017, 12:49 PM
I hope a Mississippi based company gets this bid. Where you at Yates....

ShotgunDawg
03-12-2017, 12:56 PM
I hope a Mississippi based company gets this bid. Where you at Yates....

I believe a MS company has to get the bid. I think that's how state law works. Then that MS company will associate itself with a known stadium builder.

MSU builds new buildings all the time. There is a very structured process of how they go about these things.

Human Meat
03-12-2017, 12:59 PM
I know how all that red tape works. I am in that line of work. I am simply hoping we can keep most of that money at home and not exported over to Auburn by way of Brasfield and Gorrie or similar.

HSVDawg
03-12-2017, 09:25 PM

And the current Loungers hated the new planned configuration so much that just about every single one of them (if not EVERY one of them) re-upped to retain their spot in spite of the much higher price tag. Some of our fans doth protest too much.