PDA

View Full Version : Q coming back to play with his brother

Hrdawg82
03-10-2017, 10:55 PM
It's official

msstate7
03-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Good deal. Hopefully his surgery and recovery go well. Excited to see the weatherspoon brothers play together... gotta be some proud parents

MafiaDawg
03-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Where was he gonna go?

RougeDawg
03-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Where was he gonna go?

Exactly. His only other option was to step away from basketball altogether.

Homedawg
03-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Where was he gonna go?

This^^^

MarketingBully
03-10-2017, 11:05 PM
He could of tested the waters for the NBA draft but it is great to hear officially he is committed to our team. I like this announcement unlike our fans who are going to say stupid shit like "where would he go?"

RougeDawg
03-10-2017, 11:06 PM
He could of tested the waters for the NBA draft but it is great to hear officially he is committed to our team. I like this announcement unlike our fans who are going to say stupid shit like "where would he go?"

Please tell me one game this year he looked like a NBA draft pick? I won't hold my breath. If he wanted to test the waters, last year was the better of the two to test them.

MarketingBully
03-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Please tell me one game this year he looked like a NBA draft pick? I won't hold my breath. If he wanted to test the waters, last year was the better of the two to test them.

He averaged almost 17 a game with a hurt wrist and made second team SEC. If he has a great year next year, he most certainly could test the waters next year. I like the announcement though and appreciate the transparency.

RougeDawg
03-10-2017, 11:21 PM
He averaged almost 17 a game with a hurt wrist and made second team SEC. If he has a great year next year, he most certainly could test the waters next year. I like the announcement though and appreciate the transparency.

We are talking this year, 2017. His freshman year was more impressive and best year of the two he's had, to test the waters. Yes, most likely he will be gone after next year if he progresses where he should be as a junior and stays healthy. I'm just basing my assessment on the body of work through this season.

MarketingBully
03-10-2017, 11:28 PM
We are talking this year, 2017. His freshman year was more impressive and best year of the two he's had, to test the waters. Yes, most likely he will be gone after next year if he progresses where he should be as a junior and stays healthy. I'm just basing my assessment on the body of work through this season.

So, averaging almost 17 ppg with every stat improved is a worse year then his freshman year? I guess perceived wise you could say that but the stats don't back up your assumption.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-10-2017, 11:53 PM
So, averaging almost 17 ppg with every stat improved is a worse year then his freshman year? I guess perceived wise you could say that but the stats don't back up your assumption.

I really don't understand why Spoon has become so vilified on this board. He was our best player while playing with a hurt wrist, yet people have been dogging him all season.

MarketingBully
03-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Good deal. Hopefully his surgery and recovery go well. Excited to see the weatherspoon brothers play together... gotta be some proud parents

This IMO should have been the proper response to this OP's post. GG msstate7 for making a post that most average fans of other schools would make in the same situation.

lamont
03-11-2017, 12:49 AM
Where was he gonna go?

exactly- why be in a hurry to go play basketball in Italy or Israel???

mstatefan91
03-11-2017, 02:28 AM
It is amazing at the amount of posters on this board who are willing to sacrifice the athletic success of our university just to come across as clever or "right". Some of you seriously need to take a step back and realize that you can be "right" to the detriment of your own purpose.

THINK

JohnnyQuid
03-11-2017, 05:19 AM
people really used this to take shots at the guy. be better

msbulldog
03-11-2017, 06:43 AM
Glad he's coming back, definitely our best player.

archdog
03-11-2017, 06:47 AM

I am going to disagree. He had a better year this year. Think about the injury, better counterparts, and better stats. Now it wasn't flashy. He really only took over one or two games that I remember, and he had a few invisible games. All in all, if his rehab goes well, adding his brother is only going to give him a new spark.

Jarius
03-11-2017, 08:27 AM
I have decided not to have Sex with Mila Kunis this weekend guys. Seriously, thanks for the info though. Glad he's coming back.

smootness
03-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Holy crap, guys. Just accept the announcement. Either be happy about it or don't say anything. What purpose is served by making it crystal clear you don't think he could have left anyway. Congrats, you really nailed it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-11-2017, 11:09 AM
It's official

Great new! Here's to a successful surgery and recovery!!

lamont
03-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Q is a good college basketball player- I dont think anybody has stated otherwise.

Some of you need to stop being pussies- they are major college athletes and scrutiny is part of a free education, money to spend, clothes given to you to wear, awesome meals provided for you, a top-notch workout facility with a trainer, immediate medical attention, national notoriety, etc....

Dawg61
03-11-2017, 12:01 PM
I am eager to see Spoon 100% again. He is a multi-year NBA talent when 100% imo. Going to be special to watch the chemistry between him and his brother too.

lamont
03-11-2017, 12:21 PM
He is a multi-year NBA talent when 100% imo.

no he isnt. He is coming back because he isnt. He is not on any mock drafts. He is not quick enough or explosive enough to be an NBA player.

MarketingBully
03-11-2017, 12:23 PM
I am eager to see Spoon 100% again. He is a multi-year NBA talent when 100% imo. Going to be special to watch the chemistry between him and his brother too.

If Kegler and Herard make a huge jump, next year could be really special despite all of the negative nancies on here. With the pieces Coach Howland has, it looks like we are building a versatile roster who can run with the smaller teams and bang with the bigger ones.

MarketingBully
03-11-2017, 12:24 PM
no he isnt. He is coming back because he isnt. He is not on any mock drafts. He is not quick enough or explosive enough to be an NBA player.

Make a run next year and get in the NCAA tournament and he will shoot up the draft boards.

MarketingBully
03-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Q is a good college basketball player- I dont think anybody has stated otherwise.

Some of you need to stop being pussies- they are major college athletes and scrutiny is part of a free education, money to spend, clothes given to you to wear, awesome meals provided for you, a top-notch workout facility with a trainer, immediate medical attention, national notoriety, etc....

You need to get a grip. What good does it do to make comments like we have seen in this thread? He wasn't even 100% and still averaged almost 17 a game. A fully healthy Q could most definitely make the league.

MafiaDawg
03-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Think of all the good/great players we've had that didn't sniff the league.

lamont
03-11-2017, 01:33 PM
You need to get a grip. What good does it do to make comments like we have seen in this thread? He wasn't even 100% and still averaged almost 17 a game. A fully healthy Q could most definitely make the league.

I wish I could be like some of you and not see things for how they really are. He's listed as 6'4 for us, which probably means he is 6'3- that is below average in the NBA for a SG. To overcome being smaller- guys usually have to be very explosive and elevate on their shot. That doesnt describe Q at all.

He is a good college basketball player. But when he plays against elite players like Kentucky, Fla, and such you see the difference. His wrist had nothing to do with his lack of D vs the top echelon of the SEC. He's a good college basketball player and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

Dawg61
03-11-2017, 02:26 PM

I look forward to him proving you wrong. The Q you saw after his injury was just guts, toughness and basketball smarts that averaged 17 points a game and was good enough for 2nd team SEC.

smootness
03-11-2017, 02:26 PM

So let me get this straight. We can not, under any certain terms, say something negative against a recruit. Ok, fair enough. But we absolutely can say negative things for absolutely no reason about a current player? And the people who run this site get to determine who we can and can't say negative things about, since some baseball players have been declared off-limits?

msstate7
03-11-2017, 02:31 PM
So let me get this straight. We can not, under any certain terms, say something negative against a recruit. Ok, fair enough. But we absolutely can say negative things for absolutely no reason about a current player? And the people who run this site get to determine who we can and can't say negative things about, since some baseball players have been declared off-limits?

You got it

confucius say
03-11-2017, 02:32 PM
I really don't understand why Spoon has become so vilified on this board. He was our best player while playing with a hurt wrist, yet people have been dogging him all season.

Bc we have unrealistic fans who expected him to play like an all American this year based on a good true freshman year.

MarketingBully
03-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Bc we have unrealistic fans who expected him to play like an all American this year based on a good true freshman year.

He played pretty damn well. He had better stats overall then Jamont did as a sophomore and Q was hurt for most of the season. It makes me really excited for next year as I think he will hit the 18 mark next year. His brother will help him out quite a bit facilitating for our shooters and creating for himself as well.

JohnnyQuid
03-11-2017, 05:13 PM

I don't see a skill set on Q to ever be a pro guy he's good at everything but he's not really great at anything. but that has nothing to do with anything. I just didn't see a need to openly mock a kid that plays for us when all u have to do is take it as a good thing.

lamont
03-11-2017, 06:04 PM
I look forward to him proving you wrong. The Q you saw after his injury was just guts, toughness and basketball smarts that averaged 17 points a game and was good enough for 2nd team SEC.

Jamont Gordon, Rhodes, Bowers, Bost, and many other Dawgs made All-SEC and didnt sniff the NBA

lamont
03-11-2017, 06:07 PM

pretty much- altho I dont know of any baseball players that are off-limits except one who gets a site exemption. Glad you are up to speed.

lamont
03-11-2017, 06:11 PM
He played pretty damn well. He had better stats overall then Jamont did as a sophomore and Q was hurt for most of the season. It makes me really excited for next year as I think he will hit the 18 mark next year. His brother will help him out quite a bit facilitating for our shooters and creating for himself as well.

If his brother really is a scorer- you will probably see Q drop a little. Peters is going to get his shots and play 20+ minutes. Carter is going to be more physically ready for college basketball. The X-man is coming along at the 3- and Keg will play there some as well. Dont see Q getting much time at the 3.

Only 40 minutes in a basketball game- with Carter demanding more time and us probably using Peters and Little Spoon together some- we likely see a small drop in Q's minutes.

Dawg61
03-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Jamont Gordon, Rhodes, Bowers, Bost, and many other Dawgs made All-SEC and didnt sniff the NBA

You and I are having a disconnect because I view pre-injury Spoon in a much higher light than you do and you aren't seeing the same drop off in play as I am. Spoon was a fractured version of himself and what you saw was just guts.

Bully13
03-11-2017, 11:21 PM
The Weatherspoon family makes me a happy Bulldog. That's all that matters.

BiscuitEater
03-12-2017, 07:58 AM
If he wanted to test the waters, last year was the better of the two to test them.

Yeah, he should have known he was gonna have that wrist injury and digress in some areas!

smootness
03-12-2017, 11:48 AM
pretty much- altho I dont know of any baseball players that are off-limits except one who gets a site exemption. Glad you are up to speed.

Then it's a complete joke. Good to know.