PDA

View Full Version : Saints

msstate7
03-10-2017, 10:14 PM
What you guys think of the cooks' trade? I've read on message boards that the saints will target oj Howard with the pick they gained. I'd love to add Howard and best available defender at 11.

RougeDawg
03-10-2017, 10:29 PM
What you guys think of the cooks' trade? I've read on message boards that the saints will target oj Howard with the pick they gained. I'd love to add Howard and best available defender at 11.

Loomis is a clown. Until he and Payton are gone don't get your hopes up.

I seen it dawg
03-10-2017, 10:37 PM
The super bowl equity loomis and Payton built is burnt completely up. They've dismantled this franchise. Back to being the aints.

msstate7
03-10-2017, 10:53 PM
5 picks in the first 103 picks... if (big if) the saints draft well, I think this can be a turnaround year. Last year's draft gives me hope this draft will go well with a bunch of high picks.

Re-signed fairley who was pretty dang good last year. Added Larry warford at guard. Signed ted ginn... hopefully he has enough in the tank to give us the deep threat we lose in cooks. We signed aj Klein, who I just don't know much about. I like what the saints are doing so far this offseason

RougeDawg
03-10-2017, 11:05 PM
5 picks in the first 103 picks... if (big if) the saints draft well, I think this can be a turnaround year. Last year's draft gives me hope this draft will go well with a bunch of high picks.

Re-signed fairley who was pretty dang good last year. Added Larry warford at guard. Signed ted ginn... hopefully he has enough in the tank to give us the deep threat we lose in cooks. We signed aj Klein, who I just don't know much about. I like what the saints are doing so far this offseason

8-8 will be a monumental task. Brees lost noticeable arm strength between 15 and 16 seasons. I fully expect another similar drop off of not more from 16 to 17. They better draft a QB to replace Brees.

I seen it dawg
03-11-2017, 09:00 AM

Unfortunately this is becoming the norm again. All the bold words every year...

msstate7
03-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Unfortunately this is becoming the norm again. All the bold words every year...

Good point haha

somebodyshotmypaw
03-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Early in their tenure, Loomis and Payton looked like draft gurus with Carl Nicks, Jahri Evans, Marques Colston, and Jimmy Graham. They haven't looked so smart since. And the cap has been a mess.

msstate7
03-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Early in their tenure, Loomis and Payton looked like draft gurus with Carl Nicks, Jahri Evans, Marques Colston, and Jimmy Graham. They haven't looked so smart since. And the cap has been a mess.

Rankins in 1st last year with Thomas and bell in the 2nd were very good picks. Hopefully we hit again this year

Offshore Dawg
03-11-2017, 12:27 PM
If a brother's attitude to the team isn't right then a trade may be best if you get just compensation.

msstate7
03-11-2017, 12:36 PM
While the result was 7-9 again last season had lutz been as good at the beginning of the year as the he was at the end, we would've won the Oakland, NYG, Denver, and Carolina games. Last play of the game vs Oakland was a missed fg to win it. The giants won 16-13 bc they blocked a short lutz fg and returned it for td. Denver blocked the saints' extra point to win it and returned it for 2 to win it for Denver. Carolina blocked a short fg that was the difference in the game. Win just 2 of those and the saints are in the playoffs. Not to mention breaux and rankins missing most of the year. I expect to win at least 9 this year

msstate7
03-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Looks like the saints may get Malcolm butler after all. If the saints get butler and keep both 1st round picks, this could be a playoff team.

I seen it dawg
03-14-2017, 06:23 PM
I can't see the pats not getting that 32nd pick in the butler deal.

msstate7
03-14-2017, 06:25 PM

If saints' message boards are to be believed (I know, I know), it won't be a 1st. Seems maybe too good to me too though

WSOPdawg
03-14-2017, 07:06 PM

Yeah, my biggest fear is the trade will end up being Cooks for Butler. Butler is good but is he worth Cooks and a swap of 15 places in 3rd & 4th rd picks?

msstate7
03-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Saints sign Alex okafor

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/report-saints-sign-alex-okafor/

I really like what we're doing so far. Need to work out butler trade without giving up 1st round picks.

I seen it dawg
03-15-2017, 06:11 AM
Yeah, my biggest fear is the trade will end up being Cooks for Butler. Butler is good but is he worth Cooks and a swap of 15 places in 3rd & 4th rd picks?

If they get Butler and keep both 1s and not give up anymore 1s in future years then yes the trade was a good one.

Political Hack
03-15-2017, 09:09 AM
They're having a good offseason and if nothing else, they're trying to position themselves for one more run with Brees at the helm. I like that. Ginn will help a ton on special teams too. He can flip the field by himself. I love what they've done so far.

Peyton won a super bowl with a noodle arm. Brees can too. Build the defense and have his brain controlling the game. That's a winner.

SaintDawg
03-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Peyton won a super bowl with a noodle arm. Brees can too. Build the defense and have his brain controlling the game. That's a winner.
Excellent point.