PDA

View Full Version : So who transfers from Howlands bunch?

Leeshouldveflanked
03-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Strugg, he gone..... who else goes? Eli Wright is a good player that didn't get much playing time....Datcher would make a good Left Tackle if he hit the weight room...Keglar plays smaller than he is and seem dis-engaged at the end of the season.... my guess starting with most likely to transfer
1. Wright
2. Datcher
3. Keglar
Wildcard.... Peters .

BrunswickDawg
03-10-2017, 07:58 AM
I didnt know Rick Stansbury had an account here. Quit trolling for our players Rick. It's a bad look.

Bucky Dog
03-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Don't do this!

headcoach98
03-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Around middle of the season I was telling myself that Wright will probably transfer to seek a bigger role. I'm really hoping he doesn't.

smootness
03-10-2017, 09:02 AM
My guess - none.

There's no way Peters leaves, and I would be pretty surprised at this point if really anyone does. Why would you? Wright started getting more time late in the year, and if he progresses, he'll see the floor. Kegler played a ton all year.

thf24
03-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Congrats on a horseshit post. Maybe the worst of the academic year so far (excluding drunk meltdown posts)?

louisvilledawg
03-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Strugg, he gone..... who else goes? Eli Wright is a good player that didn't get much playing time....Datcher would make a good Left Tackle if he hit the weight room...Keglar plays smaller than he is and seem dis-engaged at the end of the season.... my guess starting with most likely to transfer
1. Wright
2. Datcher
3. Keglar
Wildcard.... Peters .

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1171.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ng6zaHbRZ6Y/UOOK01SQ0XI/AAAAAAAAAOM/hkEKHyJ6_ec/s1600/dorothy+brain+had+one+gif.gif

https://media.tenor.co/images/6db0c317bfba5e2910e8c42290b98469/raw

MaxedOutMaroon
03-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Wright got better as the year went and saw the floor more. Datcher was just raw. Kegler had the opportunities but just froze. I think they all stay besides Strugg

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Another State fan who can't break away from the "glass half empty" mindset.

These guys realize how special they can and will be. I would be shocked if anyone leaves. Howland did have 11 transfers in 5 years at UCLA but they still went to 3 straight Final Fours anyway. I trust Howland to hold on to the parts we need to give us the best chance to win.

Ari Gold
03-10-2017, 09:47 AM
How bout this. You transfer away from this site capiche.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-10-2017, 09:49 AM
According to NCAA "about 40% of all MBB players who enter Division I directly out of high school depart their initial school by the end of their sophomore year."

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/tracking-transfer-division-i-men-s-basketball

TNDawg35
03-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Congrats on a horseshit post. Maybe the worst of the academic year so far (excluding drunk meltdown posts)?

In the words of the late, great Col Sanders, "Im too drunk to taste this chicken."

msstate7
03-10-2017, 10:07 AM
Probably not the best worded post, but there's been speculation posts on transfers this year that weren't met with such hostility.

MarketingBully
03-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Wtf is this shit post. My guess is none other then Stugg but you could see that one a mile away. Usually before a player transfers we hear a lot of the smoke brigade on the message board forums. We heard about it a ton last year with Malik Newman. This year we haven't heard a mouse fart of rumors about the team in that capacity. Just a lot of speculation from whiny old men. My guess is none but you never know I guess.

Goat from MSU
03-10-2017, 10:13 AM
The turd has drop into the punch bowl. What a tool.
1. Wright
2. Datcher
3. Keglar
Wildcard.... Peters .

thf24
03-10-2017, 10:20 AM
According to NCAA "about 40% of all MBB players who enter Division I directly out of high school depart their initial school by the end of their sophomore year."

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/tracking-transfer-division-i-men-s-basketball

Key word: SOPHOMORE. All the players you named except for one are true freshmen. Yes, Strugg is an academic sophomore, but it should have been clear after we signed three in this year's class with two at his position that he'd be the one processed. It won't be a shock if he doesn't come back; it's been expected for months.

Probably not the best worded post, but there's been speculation posts on transfers this year that weren't met with such hostility.

Specific rumors that were put down fairly quickly, yes. This post is just blind pseudo-speculation based on practically nothing, with an antagonistic tone that puts it out of the realm of seeking meaningful discussion.

Johnson85
03-10-2017, 10:21 AM

This could have passed as one of those if he hadn't included Peters. Otherwise, it would have been a great troll job. Other than Peters, none of the names listed would be shocking except for Keglar, and there were at least whispers that he was unhappy. But including Peters gave the game away.

Bothrops
03-10-2017, 10:25 AM
I don't think any of Howland's guys leave.

Tbonewannabe
03-10-2017, 10:40 AM
I would say if anyone transfers it would be 1) Strugg 2) Datcher 3) Wright. I would be surprised if Kegler transferred since he did start all year. Datcher is a work in progress but sometimes people think they are better than they are and want to start immediately. Wright got minutes down the stretch and seems like a great all around player. I guess it would come down to if he thinks he needs to start somewhere and doesn't think he can beat anyone out at MSU.

Howland's teams have typically drastically improved in year 3 so hopefully everyone has bought in and can improve in the system. I will say if our foul totals were closer to 50% for and against then we would probably be in the NIT. We have to figure out how to just get the free throws close to equal. It blows my mind how lopsided almost every single loss was and it wasn't related to us fouling to stop the clock.

lamont
03-10-2017, 10:48 AM
It's college basketball- it wouldn't be surprising in the least of someone else transferred out with Strugg. Not at all. Some people think they should be starting and realize at their current program they won't. That is the nature of the beast these days