PDA

View Full Version : Looks likely Romo to Texans. Osweiler traded to Cleveland.

RougeDawg
03-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Think the Texans got a Case of Natty Light for him.

HSVDawg
03-09-2017, 06:25 PM

That is hilarious. Browns can't get out of their own way. Even if they got him for nothing they still have to eat at least one year of that awful contract.

Goldendawg
03-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Bet the Texans are paying the majority of that contract!

blacklistedbully
03-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Bet the Texans are paying the majority of that contract!

Cleveland pays the contract in exchange for a 2nd rd pick.

mcain31
03-09-2017, 08:28 PM
The Browns have over $100 million in cap space. It won't hurt them

msstate7
03-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Texans are gonna be really good

RougeDawg
03-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Radio station out of Houston was playing songs celebrating the trade. Sounds like Texans got a good deal and the QB graveyard got another victim.

HSVDawg
03-09-2017, 11:38 PM
Texans are gonna be really good

I doubt they improve much from this past season even with Romo. 95% chance he gets injured before playoffs, 4.99% chance he doesn't but still chokes away a critical game in the late regular season (to miss playoffs) or in the early round playoffs, 0.1% chance he actually leads them to something substantial like a SB or AFCCG.

Reason2succeed
03-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Holy crap! Houston actually took a chance and made the obvious splash move. Along with Trump's inauguration this is a sign of the coming apocalypse.

msstate7
03-09-2017, 11:46 PM
I doubt they improve much from this past season even with Romo. 95% chance he gets injured before playoffs, 4.99% chance he doesn't but still chokes away a critical game in the late regular season (to miss playoffs) or in the early round playoffs, 0.1% chance he actually leads them to something substantial like a SB or AFCCG.

Gonna have to see your formula you used to calculate those %s haha

I think romo's gonna come back strong

HSVDawg
03-09-2017, 11:58 PM
Gonna have to see your formula you used to calculate those %s haha

I think romo's gonna come back strong

I honestly hope so. I like him a lot as a a competitor and for not being a diva about the whole Dak situation while still speaking his mind. Really seems like a good dude and in this time of deflating balls and national anthem protests it is a breath of fresh air to see a talented guy just go out there and handle his business. I'm just skeptical, as I feel like I've seen this movie many times before with Montana, Aikman, etc. Once the old body starts to give out, its pretty hard to reverse course.

msstate7
03-10-2017, 12:06 AM
I honestly hope so. I like him a lot as a a competitor and for not being a diva about the whole Dak situation while still speaking his mind. Really seems like a good dude and in this time of deflating balls and national anthem protests it is a breath of fresh air to see a talented guy just go out there and handle his business. I'm just skeptical, as I feel like I've seen this movie many times before with Montana, Aikman, etc. Once the old body starts to give out, its pretty hard to reverse course.

There was Peyton though... I'll be pulling for the romo next season bc I liked his class this season myself. I think he's either gonna be a big time fail (injury) or big time hit. I like the move by the Texans. Doesn't matter though... my old guy, brees getting the ring next season (just let me dream)

TUSK
03-10-2017, 03:38 AM

Wait. A. Damn. Minute....

ease up on the Natty Lite, daddio!

Dawgowar
03-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Wait. A. Damn. Minute....

ease up on the Natty Lite, daddio!

Don't get uppity. They got the deed to your trailer park too Bama dude. New ownership frowns on meth labs and toothless sisters. Or is it cousins?

louisvilledawg
03-10-2017, 09:22 AM
That is hilarious. Browns can't get out of their own way. Even if they got him for nothing they still have to eat at least one year of that awful contract.

Browns playing Madden in real life haha.

I think they'll shop him and take some of the contract, or they'll just flat out cut him. Don't think they could use all that cap space if they tried. Not a bad move at all by them. I like how aggressive they were. They just signed two more offensive linemen (one of which will be the highest paid guard in NFL history.)

Think that means theylll draft Garrett and maybe take a rb in the first, then maybe a QB later in the draft.

Maroon Wizardry
03-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Financially it made a little sense. Browns have the cap room to pay him... but they are really just paying 15 million for another second round draft pick in 2018. They have 2 first round draft picks and 2 second round draft picks in 2017.... in 2018 they have 1 first round and 3 second round picks. They are basically moving their chips all in on drafting players... not necessarily a bad long term idea with that type of cap space. The problem is they haven't been able to draft worth a sh**

smootness
03-10-2017, 11:56 AM
The Browns have over $100 million in cap space. It won't hurt them

Yep, smart use of the money. They've been doing some really smart things since DePodesta got there.

smootness
03-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Financially it made a little sense. Browns have the cap room to pay him... but they are really just paying 15 million for another second round draft pick in 2018. They have 2 first round draft picks and 2 second round draft picks in 2017.... in 2018 they have 1 first round and 3 second round picks. They are basically moving their chips all in on drafting players... not necessarily a bad long term idea with that type of cap space. The problem is they haven't been able to draft worth a sh**

Stockpiling picks is a proven strategy in the NFL. Teams that value picks highly usually do a better job of building consistent teams than others.

Of course, it still helps to evaluate talent well, and you still need a QB, which can be more luck than anything.

Maroon Wizardry
03-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Its basically a cash payout for a 2017 pick. I don't think they really want osweiler but they want those picks and they are willing to pay for them because they have the money available. If they don't invest it in something like picks it is money wasted and no one player is gonna make them better... they need 20 new players... heck i'd burn another 40-50 million buying up crappy contracts and crappy players if i were them on a couple more 1st or second rounders... in 2 years you don't renew those contracts and you have a bunch of top draft choices to pay players on the cheap that are probably just as good or will be. They are in a position to negotiate with teams that need 1 or 2 pieces to really be competitive by freeing up cap space for them. They buy the player and a draft pick and the other team frees up cap space to get a really good player for short term success. 2 years from now the browns cut said player they overpaid for but now they have a 1st rounder or second rounder to replace the crappy guy with a young guy of equal value with upside. It really is their only hope.