PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Forcast

FISHDAWG
09-10-2013, 09:34 AM
1st good cold front of the fall will move through on Friday ... highs Saturday - 80 degrees (lower by game time) and mostly sunny ..... beautiful evening for football

TheRef
09-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Are you talking about this week? Because the way I see it, it won't a strong cold front. Only a weak chance of rain, so far, but then again we are looking 5 days in advance and that almost never is a good thing to do. If you want a fairly accurate forecast I'd check back on Thursday or so. Anything after 3 days for a forecast is "magic" as the great Dr. Wax would say. If you want, I can do a full-fledged forecast for Auburn this week and post it on here.

Pollodawg
09-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Are you talking about this week? Because the way I see it, it won't a strong cold front. Only a weak chance of rain, so far, but then again we are looking 5 days in advance and that almost never is a good thing to do. If you want a fairly accurate forecast I'd check back on Thursday or so. Anything after 3 days for a forecast is "magic" as the great Dr. Wax would say. If you want, I can do a full-fledged forecast for Auburn this week and post it on here.

I have always been interested in meteorology. Do it, man.

slickdawg
09-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Models look like a dry cool front comes through on Friday afternoon, highs Saturday in the mid 80's, lows in the mid 60's, so kickoff should be 80-ish or so. All the upper level energy will remain in the great lakes, and there's not a lot of moisture to work with.

TheRef
09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Models look like a dry cool front comes through on Friday afternoon, highs Saturday in the mid 80's, lows in the mid 60's, so kickoff should be 80-ish or so. All the upper level energy will remain in the great lakes, and there's not a lot of moisture to work with.

Sounds like someone has a slight Meteorology background.

slickdawg
09-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once, does that count?

TheRef
09-10-2013, 10:59 AM

I'll take that. But seriously, I'll start doing a gameday forecast for every week. Bye week can be a free-for-all. I will take suggestions all week leading up to it. I can write it either Thursday or Friday. Y'all's choice.

CJDAWG85
09-10-2013, 11:00 AM

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Barking 13
09-10-2013, 11:33 AM
1st good cold front of the fall will move through on Friday ... highs Saturday - 80 degrees (lower by game time) and mostly sunny ..... beautiful evening for football

All good fishermen know what the weather is going to do.... just let me schedule a tournament. It will be "raining sideways" or 27 degrees... or a cold front with an east wind at 20 mph and bluebird skies.

FISHDAWG
09-10-2013, 11:59 AM
cool ... Thursdays would be better I think

TheRef
09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Okay. I will do a forecast every week two days before gameday. The Official ED Forecast is a go.

slickdawg
09-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Be brave, go with a 5-7 day forecast using only the Canadian model. **

** for non-weather-nerd people, that model is about as accurate as Lindy's preseason magazine in June.

TheRef
09-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Be brave, go with a 5-7 day forecast using only the Canadian model. **

** for non-weather-nerd people, that model is about as accurate as Lindy's preseason magazine in June.

If I really want to be brave I will follow suit with Accuweather and do a 45-day forecast which is just laughable.

KennyPowers2
09-10-2013, 02:55 PM
All good fishermen know what the weather is going to do.... just let me schedule a tournament. It will be "raining sideways" or 27 degrees... or a cold front with an east wind at 20 mph and bluebird skies.

That ain't no damn joke, especially if I'm up fishing the tenn-Tom during a tournament. Practice will be great and then all hell breaks loose the night before the tournament.

FISHDAWG
09-10-2013, 03:10 PM
That ain't no damn joke, especially if I'm up fishing the tenn-Tom during a tournament. Practice will be great and then all hell breaks loose the night before the tournament.

or either when you are 60-70 miles offshore ... in a boat to small to be out that far

Barking 13
09-10-2013, 04:03 PM

Tenn Tom sucks anyway, but it's home... try Pickwick with a 40 mph South wind in an 18 ft boat... We had a Tx on Columbus one time, where it was 70 on Friday and 18 Saturday morning...

sorry for the veer....