PDA

View Full Version : HS QB we lead for: Elijiah Staley

BeastMan
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I really want Staley to be the guy. As of today Paul reported we are his leader and I hope we get a commitment because he has the tools to be a superstar in our system. He's 6-6 205, great athleticism, and good arm. He's a high 3 star football prospect on 247 and a 4 star basketball prospect on rivals

Here's his football highlights http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&rdm=mkqu3c5rg#/watch?v=QyiQ9v5L1gg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQyiQ9v5L1gg

Here's his basketball highlights http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7P62-uJDc

ETA- Since I'm on my iPad the links are for mobile YouTube but you should get an option for desktop when you click on them. Check both out

Coach34
04-08-2013, 10:04 PM
would be a great pick-up...I also like the way our Big 3 coaches seem to be working together on some kids that are 2-sport athletes. Apparently Ray has become part of the group with Mullen and Cohen

engie
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Agreed, Coach...

That could easily be huge for us going forward -- especially if we can perfect systems to allow them to do both and have success...

Ray is who actually locked up De'Runnya. Alot of people don't realize that....

PendingTransaction
04-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Dudes athletic and looks fast and tough. 40 pounds of Balis might make him CN II. Bring that #1 WR with him.

Coach34
04-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Ray is who actually locked up De'Runnya. Alot of people don't realize that....

That cant be- the Stands sheep insist Ray wont be able to recruit because Stands is the only coach that can recruit to Miss State

jlong78la
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Let us just keep him away from the Indian burial mounds

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2013, 12:43 AM
That's nice and all but NO WAY a QB plays college basketball. One sport or the other.

Todd4State
04-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Personally, I actually think it would be easier to play football and basketball than it would be to play football and baseball.

Todd4State
04-09-2013, 12:52 AM
would be a great pick-up...I also like the way our Big 3 coaches seem to be working together on some kids that are 2-sport athletes. Apparently Ray has become part of the group with Mullen and Cohen

This alone will help us with recruiting in all sports. Dan also has a good relationship with out track coaches as well.

Lettuce
04-09-2013, 12:53 AM
That's nice and all but NO WAY a QB plays college basketball. One sport or the other.

Matt Jones says to go blow yourself **

Todd4State
04-09-2013, 01:00 AM
I really want Staley to be the guy. As of today Paul reported we are his leader and I hope we get a commitment because he has the tools to be a superstar in our system. He's 6-6 205, great athleticism, and good arm. He's a high 3 star football prospect on 247 and a 4 star basketball prospect on rivals

Here's his football highlights http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&rdm=mkqu3c5rg#/watch?v=QyiQ9v5L1gg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQyiQ9v5L1gg

Here's his basketball highlights http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7P62-uJDc

ETA- Since I'm on my iPad the links are for mobile YouTube but you should get an option for desktop when you click on them. Check both out

I don't think we're going to have to worry about this guy being too short to execute Dan's favorite goal line play- the jump pass.

Lettuce
04-09-2013, 01:05 AM
I am lighting my dick on fire if we run another ****ing jump pass. PS I will find Pickle and he will stomp it out.

engie
04-09-2013, 01:11 AM
This alone will help us with recruiting in all sports. Dan also has a good relationship with out track coaches as well.

Exactly...Simply giving them the option in recruiting and having all of our different coaches on the same page, working together, and allowing them to attempt it is GREAT for us. Sure, at some point, MOST of them will have to decide which way they want to go and pick a sport. There is NO REASON that point has to be(or EVER should be) in the recruiting process though, particularly for a school like MSU that can use this as a tremendous recruiting tool. Get them here -- give them the options -- be honest with them about their progress -- and let them make the decisions from there. Pretty simple IMO.

Can't wait to see all the creative ways that our fans come up with negatives to these dual recruitments though**

At first glance, he is(like De'Runnya) much closer to ready on the basketball court than the football field -- which is good, we'll need them there much sooner as well.

Requiem For A Dawg
04-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Dan also has a good relationship with out track coaches as well.

I can assure the whole board that this is 100% false. Steve Dudley hates the whole staff especially Balis.

msstate7
04-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Matt Jones says to go blow yourself **

So does Ronald curry and Charlie ward.

32 Dive
04-09-2013, 07:31 AM

[Insert Charlie Ward reference, here] (ETA: I should read more, and post less...)

FlabLoser
04-09-2013, 08:10 AM

Charlie Ward disagrees.

RBritt
04-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Paul Jones said a couple weeks back NO way DeRunnya Wilson plays both sports at State. It would set him behind in the Balis System. I guess after he saw 2 articles from Alabama papers with quotes from Wilson saying that he's playing both sports made him change his mind on that topic

Coach34
04-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Paul Jones said a couple weeks back NO way DeRunnya Wilson plays both sports at State. It would set him behind in the Balis System. I guess after he saw 2 articles from Alabama papers with quotes from Wilson saying that he's playing both sports made him change his mind on that topic

If we are working hard to get a reputation that we are the school to be a 2-sport player- then we have to let them at least try. Now that Stands is gone- the basketball team actually works out- and does in-season maintenance work. These guys may not play both all 4 years- but you have to figure they will in the beginning at least

BeastMan
05-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Guess who decomitted and we probably lead for again? Huge break for us that we need to capitalize on. His breaking point with Vandy was they weren't going to let him play bball too (he's a 4* bball) and Vandy wants athletes to have a 3.3 GPA and he has a 3.0. I say bring that B average and dual sport athleticism on down.

msstate7
05-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Guess who decomitted and we probably lead for again? Huge break for us that we need to capitalize on. His breaking point with Vandy was they weren't going to let him play bball too (he's a 4* bball) and Vandy wants athletes to have a 3.3 GPA and he has a 3.0. I say bring that B average and dual sport athleticism on down.

We've got to lock him up. Please tell me he can't play baseball. I can't handle losing another big qb prospect to mlb

BeastMan
05-17-2013, 11:31 PM
By bball I meant basketball. Sorry for confusion

msstate7
05-17-2013, 11:34 PM
By bball I meant basketball. Sorry got confusion
No I knew you meant basketball. I was just hoping he wasn't 3 sport athlete.

Paul Jones
05-18-2013, 10:35 AM

Still havent changed my mind on Wilson playing both sports. Sure it may happen but I will believe it when I see it. Yes Wilson has said it but easier said than done and I listed the 2013-2014 walkons yesterday and Wilson wasnt on the list I was given (still a tentative list though). And I never said NO WAY it happens, only said I dont anticipate it happening.

Now I could see Staley having a much better shot at doing it, and he had an MSU hoops offer nearly a year before having a MSU football offer.

Todd4State
05-18-2013, 11:46 AM

I guess this is the Vandy equivalent to Yancy's "we are trying to make room for some more four star studs"?

sbcmortgageman
05-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Is this the guy that decommitted to Vandy?

sbcmortgageman
05-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Matt Jones, Arkansas.