PDA

View Full Version : This Isn't My Style But

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2017, 08:33 AM
I normally don't do this but Preacher you're the 1st 1 on the board creating a thread when Xay plays bad but when he has a game like last night you seem to disappear. The kid has had some good games this year including last night. You call him out so I'll call you out for him. Give the kid his props.

BrunswickDawg
03-09-2017, 08:35 AM
http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/coolest-boom-gif.gif

BulldogDX55
03-09-2017, 09:10 AM
I normally don't do this but Preacher you're the 1st 1 on the board creating a thread when Xay plays bad but when he has a game like last night you seem to disappear. The kid has had some good games this year including last night. You call him out so I'll call you out for him. Give the kid his props.

Stapleton was, what, our 5th or 6th highest touted recruit this year, is a freshman, and has been a difference maker in a handful of games. What more do you want from him? He'll be a super high quality man off the bench for us for the next few years. Not everyone can consistently be a U.K. All Star.

KentuckyDawg13
03-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Actually, he is a red-shirt/transfer sophomore.
Xavian is our secret weapon. When gets going, he can be unstoppable. Probably my favorite player, just due to his injuries that he has had to overcome and his energy levels.

louisvilledawg
03-09-2017, 09:42 AM
waiting on preacher to comment

http://pigeonchess.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/crickets.gif?w=869

basedog
03-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Church League basketball taught preacher.

Dawg61
03-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Stapelton is one of my fav players on the team. I just love his attitude and toughness and his knack to dunk like Vince Carter outta nowhere during each game.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Stapleton will be a fan favorite if he can stay healthy. He is a fun player.

AROB44
03-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Church League basketball taught preacher.

Nah....surely he learned it out of the "Good Book"....

AROB44
03-09-2017, 10:17 AM

+1....You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ifyouonlyknew again.

Political Hack
03-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Plays his ass off. Love that guy.

Every team needs someone like him too. Big body, unselfish, can play outside/in, and brings toughness every single night.

mstatefan91
03-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Stapleton is one of my favorites on the team. The type of guy that brings his lunch pail to work.

32 Dive
03-09-2017, 11:26 AM
I think's it may be hard for some people to admit they were wrong.

I was wrong about I.J. Ready. 14 months ago, I grimaced when he came onto the court. I was waiting on a turnover, or some poor shot selection. As the season progressed, I saw where he had 1) developed through good coaching and hard work, and 2) my opinion had been founded on disproportionate perception of negative outcomes. It was as if I was unintentionally judging a Junior, based on his Freshman play. Statistical analysis proved my perception to be inaccurate.

Preacher, as with myself in other instances, may have had his negative opinion founded by initial results. I'd bet Preacher comes around, in time, to seeing the light, pardon the bad pun.

mstatefan91
03-09-2017, 11:34 AM

I was wrong about I.J. Ready. 14 months ago, I grimaced when he came onto the court. I was waiting on a turnover, or some poor shot selection. As the season progressed, I saw where he had 1) developed through good coaching and hard work, and 2) my opinion had been founded on disproportionate perception of negative outcomes. It was as if I was unintentionally judging a Junior, based on his Freshman play. Statistical analysis proved my perception to be inaccurate.

Preacher, as with myself in other instances, may have had his negative opinion founded by initial results. I'd bet Preacher comes around, in time, to seeing the light, pardon the bad pun.

I've been guilty of this as well with IJ. Really appreciate the hard work and dedication that he has put in now.

99jc
03-09-2017, 11:35 AM

Nm

Dawg61
03-09-2017, 11:51 AM
In another life Stapleton would probably make a pretty decent WR and would lay the wood on some blocks. Dude is the toughest guy on the bball team.

Gutter Cobreh
03-09-2017, 01:50 PM
He is busy working on saving Hugh's eternal soul right.

Glad to see him actually doing something spiritual... with the frequency and times he posts, it makes me wonder when the congregation actually fellowships together...

For some reason, I envision shorter sermons from him on Sundays when the baseball team is playing out west...he has to balance saving souls with critiquing how the bullpen is being utilized....

Commercecomet24
03-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Love watching Stapleton. Plays hard and the guy is dynamic and fun to watch! If he stays healthy Gonna be a good one!

louisvilledawg
03-09-2017, 02:37 PM
I can't believe how athletic he is with a twice torn ACL. He is unbelievably gifted.

HoopsDawg
03-09-2017, 02:41 PM

Why call preacher out? The guy is wrong more than the weather. Call him out if he gets something right.

tcdog70
03-09-2017, 04:28 PM
X has been a bright spot all year. he picks up fouls because he is wide open. He will figure that out. but His energy is the best on the team. And he can actually block-out. he will be a really good player going forward.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Why call preacher out? The guy is wrong more than the weather. Call him out if he gets something right.

Normally I wouldn't but he makes it his life mission to call out Xay whenever he has a bad game & nobody else. He's quiet as a mouse when he plays well though. I'm not big fan of calling out MSU players in public esp over & over. If you do at least be consistent & acknowledge when they play well.

Homedawg
03-09-2017, 06:21 PM

Well done!!