PDA

View Full Version : Amazing article on UNM's Situation - should have been written by a number of

Dawgowar
03-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Mississippi based media outlets. Posted first by codeDawg on 6 pack. Lays out a very interesting timeline and a possible 'WHY' UNM has not fired Freeze.

http://winningcureseverything.com/hugh-freeze-why-is-ole-miss-standing-with-him-against-the-ncaa/

Dawgowar
03-08-2017, 10:06 PM
And the accrediting body's policy

Please note 'SANCTIONS' , also simply not being truthful with the PUBLIC (not only SACS) can bring heat:
http://www.sacscoc.org/pdf/081705/SanctionPolicy.pdf

RougeDawg
03-08-2017, 10:57 PM
The part about "NCAA plants" speaks to exactly what I've heard happened this year after the immunities were granted. Brennan and Eillie Gay were both NCAA pawns to finally put the nail in Hugh's coffin. Does anyone remember how quickly Bucky and Boosted made an "In Home" with Brennan when he oddly decommitted from LSU, and then quickly recommitted to LSU shortly after the visit? The writer of this article better hire a full security team, because the network has a large sum of up apportioned funds at the moment.

Westdawg
03-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Mississippi based media outlets. Posted first by codeDawg on 6 pack. Lays out a very interesting timeline and a possible 'WHY' UNM has not fired Freeze.

http://winningcureseverything.com/hugh-freeze-why-is-ole-miss-standing-with-him-against-the-ncaa/

W
O
W
!
!
!

That is some top level reading. Y'all be sure to tweet/message this to every sports writer in America

codeDawg
03-08-2017, 11:58 PM
All I am saying is why make a video reading out the aligations if they are confidential? What is confidential that you didn't talk about publicly? Something major is up. Pell grants? Lobbyists? What?

Dawgowar
03-09-2017, 12:18 AM
All I am saying is why make a video reading out the aligations if they are confidential? What is confidential that you didn't talk about publicly? Something major is up. Pell grants? Lobbyists? What?

They made the video, my opinion only, because they made it out of state? Perhaps under supervision of counsel. FOIA immunity must be preserved.

Todd4State
03-09-2017, 12:53 AM

I imagine that it's a number of major things if I had to guess.

BeardoMSU
03-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Ok, which Elite Dawg member wrote that article? Too many facts to be just a coincidence...**

DancingRabbit
03-09-2017, 01:28 AM
Ok, which Elite Dawg member wrote that article? Too many facts to be just a coincidence...**

It's genius how he consolidated every OM post here and every linked article - ever - into 3 succinct articles.

lamont
03-09-2017, 07:04 AM
"Although there is no current evidence that Coach Wiggins was complicit in or had direct knowledge of this misconduct, as head coach, he is accountable for the actions of those who report to him.”- Ross Bjork

Wonder why that doesnt apply to Freeze???

I seen it dawg
03-09-2017, 07:16 AM
"Although there is no current evidence that Coach Wiggins was complicit in or had direct knowledge of this misconduct, as head coach, he is accountable for the actions of those who report to him.”- Ross Bjork

Wonder why that doesnt apply to Freeze???

Bob tell us what he's won

RougeDawg
03-09-2017, 08:17 AM

DeviousDawg comes to mind. His posts of recent have been connecting many dots. Maybe he wrote this or fed this guy the dots to connect.

BrunswickDawg
03-09-2017, 08:33 AM
DeviousDawg comes to mind. His posts of recent have been connecting many dots. Maybe he wrote this or fed this guy the dots to connect.

The thing is, with an easy Google search, everything he wrote can be found easily. What IS amazing, is that not one single media outlet has taken the time to put it all together. This has all been as obvious as Bucky's beaver teeth the whole time if you were willing to look beyond the spin from those SOBs.

And when the NOA does come out, and shows they kept cheating right up until this past November, they will have left the NCAA no choice but to shut them down. Ole Miss - inbred arrogance at its finest!

Martianlander
03-09-2017, 08:49 AM
The Mississippi media live in the tsun fairy tale world. They believe The Wizard of Oz is a documentary.

PMDawg
03-09-2017, 09:05 AM

Nm

Mobile Bay
03-09-2017, 10:01 AM
They made the video, my opinion only, because they made it out of state? Perhaps under supervision of counsel. FOIA immunity must be preserved.

You know how that video had a hostage tape feel to it. I believe that was because they were reading from a script carefully crafted by their lawyers. So they were trying hard to get every word out perfectly.

Mimi's Babies
03-09-2017, 10:16 AM
I would like to locate a copy of the article that was WRITTEN concerning "TOO MANY FACTS".... please....

AROB44
03-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Ole Miss' new alma mater:

THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLD DIXIE DOWN !!!

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Bob tell us what he's won

Well Clark, he's won a top spot on the most hated list with TSUN fans everywhere that can't having their fairy tell Baghdad Bob all is well boat rocked in the least little bit.

Political Hack
03-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Awesome.

TimberBeast
03-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Finally. They are seriously 17ed

SailingDawg
03-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Investigative journalism at its finest. Certainly won't be found in any major publications around here.

They're going to get hammered. Death Penalty. Show Causes for everyone!

BigEasyDawg
03-09-2017, 12:07 PM
They are literally going to burn oxford to the ground just to try to win a few football games. I am so thankful that as a young boy in sturgis I fell in love with the bulldogs and never had a ounce of desire to be near oxford. It is sad that these prideful, snobby, and ignorant black bears have done all this just to win a sugar bowl.

TimberBeast
03-09-2017, 12:21 PM
They are literally going to burn oxford to the ground just to try to win a few football games. I am so thankful that as a young boy in sturgis I fell in love with the bulldogs and never had a ounce of desire to be near oxford. It is sad that these prideful, snobby, and ignorant black bears have done all this just to win a sugar bowl.

lil sturgis? I had completely forgotten about that.

Mimi's Babies
03-09-2017, 01:26 PM
The part about "NCAA plants" speaks to exactly what I've heard happened this year after the immunities were granted. Brennan and Eillie Gay were both NCAA pawns to finally put the nail in Hugh's coffin. Does anyone remember how quickly Bucky and Boosted made an "In Home" with Brennan when he oddly decommitted from LSU, and then quickly recommitted to LSU shortly after the visit? The writer of this article better hire a full security team, because the network has a large sum of up apportioned funds at the moment.

Not to sure about "GAY" -- mom knew what had happened with other recruits and tsun........

blacklistedbully
03-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Definitely looked like some of the stuff I posted on Rivals a few years ago is in there, though I'm sure there were a number of people saying the same things.

In particular, I had posted some stuff long ago about Freeze's earlier connection to UNM, before he got the HC job. Some of that article sounded almost exactly like a couple posts I made.

Corn Bread
03-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Definitely looked like some of the stuff I posted on Rivals a few years ago is in there, though I'm sure there were a number of people saying the same things.

In particular, I had posted some stuff long ago about Freeze's earlier connection to UNM, before he got the HC job. Some of that article sounded almost exactly like a couple posts I made.

Mentioning Powe reminded me of what a resident of Waynesboro said to me about him, "Jarrel is to dumb to hang of the back of a garbage truck".

codeDawg
03-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Investigative journalism at its finest.

That's my biggest complaint. This isn't investigative journalism. It's just regurgitating public knowledge. The article doesn't make any speculations until the very end about what kind of financial aid Powe may have received and what Freeze may know about it. The rest of it anyone could have written without making a phone call or leaving the house. Why hasn't someone local or even national done this?

blacklistedbully
03-09-2017, 02:27 PM
From a Rivals post in May 2016:

Though I admittedly don't keep close tabs on UNC, it is my understanding that UNC is still being investigated, and the case/punishments are not complete. I think people are jumping-the-shark on UNC right now.

What I have known for quite some time about Ole Miss, and what is finally becoming common knowledge, is that Ole Miss set up a massive academic fraud program that's main purpose was to get highly-sought-after, but academically ineligible recruits qualified to play at OM.

Through David Saunders, they set up a relationship with an ACT tester in Waynesboro, MS, and instructed kids they sent there to leave any questions they didn't know blank, so they could be filled in for them by the tester.

I've also heard in some cases, they arranged for other kids to pose as those players and take the exam for them. Some Ole Miss players traveled over 2 or 3 hours each way to this testing facility, when they could have taken the exam within 30 minutes of their own home. Why?

I think both UNC and Ole Miss should get hammered. Not sure what's going to happen with OM, but I do know they have successfully manipulated these kind of things in the past. But this time, they went out-of-state and stole kids from powerful programs. Since the Tunsil stuff hit-the-fan, they are now having to deal with more than just the Ole Miss controlled Clarion Ledger newspaper.

They can no longer count on a media cover-up for them. It will be interesting to see how the NCAA responds. Common sense would lead one to think the NCAA would be annoyed as hell with the ridiculously small penalties Ole Miss is proposing.

Now let's take a look at the David Saunders'Hugh Freeze affiliation. We already have established beyond doubt that Saunders set up the academic fraud program through a relationship he cultivated with Waynesboro, MS ACT exam administrator Ginny Crager.

If you look at Saunders bio, you'll find his first job in Mississippi was at Ole Miss, as the, "Assistant to the Athletics Director for Recruiting and Coordinator of High School and Community College Relations (1998-2002). In fact, Saunders only other jobs in Mississippi were a brief stint at Millsaps College (2003-2005), and 2 more times at Ole Miss (2006 & 2010).

Funny, but prior to his 5-year initial stint at Ole Miss, Saunders worked at 5 different schools the previous 8 years. I think we can all make an educated guess when and where Saunders made his Mississippi ACT connection, and set up the academic fraud program.

So, Saunders at Ole Miss from '98 - '02, then Millsaps from '03-'05 (where they must have learned his, "special talent" wasn't actual coaching), then his next job is back at Ole Miss for a year in 2006. Guess who was Ole Miss Recruiting Coordinator from 2006 - 2007?

Why, none other than Hugh Freeze. While Saunders was ostensibly hired to be, "LB Coach", I think most can figure out why he was really hired for 1 year. Ole Miss (and Hugh Freeze) knew from his previous 5-year stint what his, "specialty" was.

Don't think Hugh Freeze was connected enough as RC to know about Saunders and the academic fraud? Well, he was connected enough to assume the interim HC position when Orgeron was fired in 2008, and was connected enough to be one of the two finalist for OC when Houston Nutt took over.

What are the odds Freeze is truly innocent and unaware of the cheating program Saunders set up and ran at Ole Miss? What are the odds Freeze did not know about Saunders and his program when Freeze was the RC the year Saunders was hired back the 2nd time?

Does anyone really believe Hugh Freeze never questioned why some of his recruits were cancelling their ACT exams near their home town so they could instead take it at a specific place 3 hours or more drive away?

David Saunders, he of the 8-year show cause, has been employed more than once by only one school.....Ole Miss, and they hired him on 3 separate occasions, including again in 2010. Saunders got busted at ULL, in large part because of the academic fraud he had going with the Mississippi ACT testing place...a program he obviously set up while at Ole Miss. Where had Saunders been employed prior to ULL? 3 of his previous 4 jobs had been at Ole Miss.

There has for decades been a culture at Ole Miss that encourages a, "win at all costs" mentality that breeds institutional cheating. Some of their most prominent and politically-connected boosters have actually gone to prison for bribery and fraud, yet remain among the boosters with the most influence and access to the Athletic Department.

Do I think Ole Miss is going to get hammered? If there is any justice and/or if the NCAA has any balls left at all, they will be. I think they'll get whacked pretty good this time, but worse when the 2nd investigation that is now ongoing runs it's course.

8 blacklistedbully, May 31, 2016 Last edited: May 31, 2016

blacklistedbully
03-09-2017, 02:30 PM
You do realize the NCAA is talking to current players that were recruited by Ole Miss, and the investigation is still ongoing, right?

You do realize they are still digging into the academic fraud program y'all were running through Waynesboro, right?

You do realize Hugh Freeze was Recruiting Coordinator at Ole Miss during Saunders 2nd stint at Ole Miss, right?

You do realize that establishes a direct link to your current HC, Hugh Freeze, right?

37 blacklistedbully, Apr 26, 2016

blacklistedbully
03-09-2017, 02:38 PM
2008-2011 Chris Vaughn - Fired due to, "damning facts" turned up about his tactics at Ole Miss
2006-2007 Hugh Freeze
1998-2002 David Saunders - 8-year show cause due to tactics he took from OM to ULL

But...but...Freeze is clean. All the cheating occurred before he was there! - Ole Miss fans

ETA, not exactly past 3, but past 2 and DS on staff at OM in 2006.

1 blacklistedbully, Feb 11, 2016

louisvilledawg
03-09-2017, 02:41 PM
I wish during a press conference (an actual press conference, not that crap they put together for the NOA) someone would pose the question to Bjork as to why he fired the WBB coach who unknowingly allowed things to go on, but he is adamant about keeping Hugh.

I think the reason why is precisely what the last quote of the article said - I just have been wondering that same question for a while and would love to see Bjork have to come up with some BS response on the spot.

blacklistedbully
03-09-2017, 02:45 PM
From a John Talty interview a year ago about Hugh Freeze:

At one point, the guy interviewing Talty said, "Some coaches will do anything to win". Talty responded, "Some people believe the ends justify the means. I know he believes that!".

DancingRabbit
03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
I wish during a press conference (an actual press conference, not that crap they put together for the NOA) someone would pose the question to Bjork as to why he fired the WBB coach who unknowingly allowed things to go on, but he is adamant about keeping Hugh.

I think the reason why is precisely what the last quote of the article said - I just have been wondering that same question for a while and would love to see Bjork have to come up with some BS response on the spot.

Archie didn't hire that WBB coach.

Jack Lambert
03-09-2017, 02:58 PM
After reading that I am convince that Leo was a set up to catch Ole Miss. Mullen might have been involved in the set up. That would make it even more cooler.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2017, 03:08 PM
After reading that I am convince that Leo was a set up to catch Ole Miss. Mullen might have been involved in the set up. That would make it even more cooler.

If it was a sting and Dan was involved, I imagine this was him when it all came together.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/aa1778e4e9a8f5304f63da9248e8ef7da6b13976/c=0-38-2000-1163&r=x633&c=1200x630/local/-/media/2016/11/27/USATODAY/usatsports/screen-shot-2016-11-27-at-1-16-40-pm-copy.jpg

BrunswickDawg
03-09-2017, 03:18 PM
I love this nugget buried in the section about Saunders. One of my favorites in this whole charade:

In the Fall of 2008, he was finally allowed to participate, playing in all 12 games. However, this little bombshell hit in April of 2009.

Powe was cited with a noise violation by Oxford police, but raised eyebrows when he told the police, when they asked for him to sign the citation, that he could not read. Some people think it was just a gag to try and outfox the police, but his mother was quoted in legal papers as saying, “Jerrell really is a good child, but he just can’t read.”

LC Dawg
03-09-2017, 03:52 PM
From a Rivals post in May 2016:

Though I admittedly don't keep close tabs on UNC, it is my understanding that UNC is still being investigated, and the case/punishments are not complete. I think people are jumping-the-shark on UNC right now.

What I have known for quite some time about Ole Miss, and what is finally becoming common knowledge, is that Ole Miss set up a massive academic fraud program that's main purpose was to get highly-sought-after, but academically ineligible recruits qualified to play at OM.

Through David Saunders, they set up a relationship with an ACT tester in Waynesboro, MS, and instructed kids they sent there to leave any questions they didn't know blank, so they could be filled in for them by the tester.

I've also heard in some cases, they arranged for other kids to pose as those players and take the exam for them. Some Ole Miss players traveled over 2 or 3 hours each way to this testing facility, when they could have taken the exam within 30 minutes of their own home. Why?

I think both UNC and Ole Miss should get hammered. Not sure what's going to happen with OM, but I do know they have successfully manipulated these kind of things in the past. But this time, they went out-of-state and stole kids from powerful programs. Since the Tunsil stuff hit-the-fan, they are now having to deal with more than just the Ole Miss controlled Clarion Ledger newspaper.

They can no longer count on a media cover-up for them. It will be interesting to see how the NCAA responds. Common sense would lead one to think the NCAA would be annoyed as hell with the ridiculously small penalties Ole Miss is proposing.

Now let's take a look at the David Saunders'Hugh Freeze affiliation. We already have established beyond doubt that Saunders set up the academic fraud program through a relationship he cultivated with Waynesboro, MS ACT exam administrator Ginny Crager.

If you look at Saunders bio, you'll find his first job in Mississippi was at Ole Miss, as the, "Assistant to the Athletics Director for Recruiting and Coordinator of High School and Community College Relations (1998-2002). In fact, Saunders only other jobs in Mississippi were a brief stint at Millsaps College (2003-2005), and 2 more times at Ole Miss (2006 & 2010).

Funny, but prior to his 5-year initial stint at Ole Miss, Saunders worked at 5 different schools the previous 8 years. I think we can all make an educated guess when and where Saunders made his Mississippi ACT connection, and set up the academic fraud program.

So, Saunders at Ole Miss from '98 - '02, then Millsaps from '03-'05 (where they must have learned his, "special talent" wasn't actual coaching), then his next job is back at Ole Miss for a year in 2006. Guess who was Ole Miss Recruiting Coordinator from 2006 - 2007?

Why, none other than Hugh Freeze. While Saunders was ostensibly hired to be, "LB Coach", I think most can figure out why he was really hired for 1 year. Ole Miss (and Hugh Freeze) knew from his previous 5-year stint what his, "specialty" was.

Don't think Hugh Freeze was connected enough as RC to know about Saunders and the academic fraud? Well, he was connected enough to assume the interim HC position when Orgeron was fired in 2008, and was connected enough to be one of the two finalist for OC when Houston Nutt took over.

What are the odds Freeze is truly innocent and unaware of the cheating program Saunders set up and ran at Ole Miss? What are the odds Freeze did not know about Saunders and his program when Freeze was the RC the year Saunders was hired back the 2nd time?

Does anyone really believe Hugh Freeze never questioned why some of his recruits were cancelling their ACT exams near their home town so they could instead take it at a specific place 3 hours or more drive away?

David Saunders, he of the 8-year show cause, has been employed more than once by only one school.....Ole Miss, and they hired him on 3 separate occasions, including again in 2010. Saunders got busted at ULL, in large part because of the academic fraud he had going with the Mississippi ACT testing place...a program he obviously set up while at Ole Miss. Where had Saunders been employed prior to ULL? 3 of his previous 4 jobs had been at Ole Miss.

There has for decades been a culture at Ole Miss that encourages a, "win at all costs" mentality that breeds institutional cheating. Some of their most prominent and politically-connected boosters have actually gone to prison for bribery and fraud, yet remain among the boosters with the most influence and access to the Athletic Department.

Do I think Ole Miss is going to get hammered? If there is any justice and/or if the NCAA has any balls left at all, they will be. I think they'll get whacked pretty good this time, but worse when the 2nd investigation that is now ongoing runs it's course.

8 blacklistedbully, May 31, 2016 Last edited: May 31, 2016

The funniest thing to me about the Saunders deal is that Pete Boone knew what would happen if Ole Miss hired Saunders and he tried to prevent it and was overruled. I can't remember the exact timeline but this was all about the time Forward Rebels was making a lot of noise and one of the things they used against Boone was that he didn't want Powe in school.

maroonmania
03-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Exactly, multiple references to "The Network".

Mjoelner34
03-09-2017, 04:20 PM
I love this nugget buried in the section about Saunders. One of my favorites in this whole charade:

In the Fall of 2008, he was finally allowed to participate, playing in all 12 games. However, this little bombshell hit in April of 2009.

Powe was cited with a noise violation by Oxford police, but raised eyebrows when he told the police, when they asked for him to sign the citation, that he could not read. Some people think it was just a gag to try and outfox the police, but his mother was quoted in legal papers as saying, “Jerrell really is a good child, but he just can’t read.”

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpg/cbf268b1f360748730518a6feaa5387e0c7fa267_r.jpg

BrunswickDawg
03-09-2017, 04:47 PM
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpg/cbf268b1f360748730518a6feaa5387e0c7fa267_r.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/iFVvCSvSICc9i/giphy.gif

Turfdawg67
03-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Great read! Definitely sounds like a fanboy though! We dont have many of those in the media.

RocketDawg
03-09-2017, 07:34 PM
The funniest thing to me about the Saunders deal is that Pete Boone knew what would happen if Ole Miss hired Saunders and he tried to prevent it and was overruled. I can't remember the exact timeline but this was all about the time Forward Rebels was making a lot of noise and one of the things they used against Boone was that he didn't want Powe in school.

How could anybody not agree with Pete Boone on this? Athletic teams in college are supposed to be made up of students who play sports ... not athletes who (sort of) attend school. If they're not smart enough, or have worked hard enough, to be admitted to college, then they shouldn't be on college athletic teams. It's that simple.

This article was the first time I've seen the particulars on the women's basketball team and the track and field team. Apparently the huge increase in athlete quality opened eyes. Why would they not think the football team would be under the same scrutiny?

blacklistedbully
03-09-2017, 08:15 PM
How could anybody not agree with Pete Boone on this? Athletic teams in college are supposed to be made up of students who play sports ... not athletes who (sort of) attend school. If they're not smart enough, or have worked hard enough, to be admitted to college, then they shouldn't be on college athletic teams. It's that simple.

This article was the first time I've seen the particulars on the women's basketball team and the track and field team. Apparently the huge increase in athlete quality opened eyes. Why would they not think the football team would be under the same scrutiny?

Because they live in a cocoon of delusion, cut off from reality. Always have....probably always will.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2017, 09:55 PM
On 2nd read thru, this feels like an excerpt from Rosie's upcoming book. Which I can't wait to read.

Goldendawg
03-09-2017, 10:38 PM
How can the NCAA not hand out LOIC, multiple show causes, and years of probation with massive scholarship losses?

Mjoelner34
03-09-2017, 10:49 PM
For comparison:
USCw: 1 player, 0 boosters, 0 recruits, maybe 2 coaches (never proven) = 1 season plus 2 wins vacated, 2 year bowl ban, 30 scholly's over 3 years.

tsun: Multiple players, multiple boosters, multiple recruits, multiple coaches = You would have to think much worse than USCw.

Corn Bread
03-10-2017, 12:10 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/iFVvCSvSICc9i/giphy.gif

Powe's mother response was, "just cause my boy can't read does not mean he cannot play football". Drop the mic.

Mimi's Babies
03-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Powe's mother response was, "just cause my boy can't read does not mean he cannot play football". Drop the mic.

My question?????????

WHY did OM not investigate as to WHY the young man cannot/could not read..... If they had.... Vision Therapy is a life changer...... ugh.... Mom's did ot do her job either.....

Bubb Rubb
03-10-2017, 09:28 AM
For comparison:
USCw: 1 player, 0 boosters, 0 recruits, maybe 2 coaches (never proven) = 1 season plus 2 wins vacated, 2 year bowl ban, 30 scholly's over 3 years.

tsun: Multiple players, multiple boosters, multiple recruits, multiple coaches = You would have to think much worse than USCw.

Don't forget that now there is a new penalty structure that is far less forgiving.

LC Dawg
03-10-2017, 09:39 AM

All, or at least most, schools skirt the rules every once in a while to get a kid qualified. Hell, Dontae' Jones was just honored at the SEC Tournament as an SEC legend (which he is).
The difference is that David Saunders had created a system to qualify kids that couldn't even read and Pete Boone was the only person at Ole Miss that thought that was a bad idea. Boone was feeling pressure to hire a man who admittingly wanted to focus on recruiting kids who didn't qualify for college. That's how stupid those people are up there. They eventually hire Saunders and get rid of Boone but in the end all their troubles are the fault of Leo Lewis (who was an infant when all this started) and Dan Mullen.

WSOPdawg
03-10-2017, 10:12 AM

Just tell me this photo was NOT part of some TCUN brochure designed to sell the school and their academic prowess.

While it definitely looks legit as if it were designed to be used in that capacity, please tell me it's one of the great photoshop pics of our age (fwiw, I've got similar colored drawings on my fridge from my child's kindergarten days -- not college).

Mjoelner34
03-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Just tell me this photo was NOT part of some TCUN brochure designed to sell the school and their academic prowess.

While it definitely looks legit as if it were designed to be used in that capacity, please tell me it's one of the great photoshop pics of our age (fwiw, I've got similar colored drawings on my fridge from my child's kindergarten days -- not college).

It was photoshopped by BigMotherTucker. I think he is the one that also gave us the mullet Saban leaning against the truck.

Schultzy
03-16-2017, 08:29 AM

No kidding, this pic was the cover of the 2010 Clarion-Ledger Special edition annual pre-season football preview with all the high schools and in state college teams.

Spiderman
03-16-2017, 11:21 AM
It was photoshopped by BigMotherTucker. I think he is the one that also gave us the mullet Saban leaning against the truck.

Deer Hnter did the Saban pic

notsofarawaydawg
03-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Powe's mom blamed the Wayne County coaches for her son not being able to read. She said they made sure he passed his classes and was in the right teacher's class so that could easily happen. She was face to face with a relative of mine when she made this comment. She didn't seem to mind though as long as she got her check for her son's "condition." She told my relative on several occasions that her son was "dumb" as dirt but he sure could play football. She was very well taken care of financially when he enrolled at that piece of shit school in Oxford.

Spiderman
03-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Powe's mom blamed the Wayne County coaches for her son not being able to read. She said they made sure he passed his classes and was in the right teacher's class so that could easily happen. She was face to face with a relative of mine when she made this comment. She didn't seem to mind though as long as she got her check for her son's "condition." She told my relative on several occasions that her son was "dumb" as dirt but he sure could play football. She was very well taken care of financially when he enrolled at that piece of shit school in Oxford.

Broyles himself told a group of us Powe couldn't even get in Jones CC.

RocketDawg
03-17-2017, 06:40 AM
Broyles himself told a group of us Powe couldn't even get in Jones CC.

Sounds like he should have been held back many years before "graduating" high school, til he leared how to read at least. He would have been better off.

BulldogtheMS
03-17-2017, 07:28 AM
Sounds like he should have been held back many years before "graduating" high school, til he leared how to read at least. He would have been better off.

Which would reflect poorly on one of tsun's biggest boosters.....

Mimi's Babies
03-17-2017, 09:42 AM

Has anyone ever INVESTIGATED Pete Boone????::confused: In the late 1990's he was a bank loan officer for a bank in Grenada, MS for Student Loans..... just wondering....

RocketDawg
03-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Has anyone ever INVESTIGATED Pete Boone????::confused: In the late 1990's he was a bank loan officer for a bank in Grenada, MS for Student Loans..... just wondering....

I have no idea. I didn't even know who he was until reading some of these threads. Just seems like he was a little reluctant to go along with cheating and wound up being canned for it.

Todd4State
03-18-2017, 02:05 AM
I have no idea. I didn't even know who he was until reading some of these threads. Just seems like he was a little reluctant to go along with cheating and wound up being canned for it.

I think it was more about having control of the Ole Miss athletic dept. Boone was one of the old guard and from what I understand I think he was probably OK with cheating some but I also think he knew that going overboard like Ole Miss did in 2013 would cause them huge problems and he was against that. Unfortunately for him the Network runs their AD and so he had to go.