PDA

View Full Version : **** it- Lets win the CBI

lamont
03-08-2017, 08:51 PM
We need to keep playing and getting experience. Let's make it happen. I want a CBI trophy in StarkVegas!!! Let's go Dawgs

msstate7
03-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Win tomorrow and cohen should make it happen.

MarketingBully
03-08-2017, 08:54 PM
This team is talented. I really love Tyson Carter. He showed out tonight. Love his game. Get 10-15 lbs on him and he will have a legit chance to make the NBA.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2017, 08:56 PM
This team needs to play as many games as possible. If they can get in the CBI then we need to go for it.

Political Hack
03-08-2017, 09:03 PM
This team needs to play as many games as possible. If they can get in the CBI then we need to go for it.

Agree. Extend the season any way possible.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Agreed. We have depth/numbers. We don't have experience. We need games. Guys need minutes.

Dawgbite
03-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Oh how soon we forget that 7 game losing streak and the " I can't wait til baseball starts" diatribe. It sure would feel good to win that last game though.

Commercecomet24
03-08-2017, 11:50 PM
We need to keep playing and getting experience. Let's make it happen. I want a CBI trophy in StarkVegas!!! Let's go Dawgs

I'll second that!

JohnnyQuid
03-08-2017, 11:54 PM
any postseason play would be beneficial to a team this young - if we have the chance to play in the cbi and turn it down I'd be shocked

Todd4State
03-09-2017, 01:01 AM
Either way I'm pretty excited to see how this team grows plus we add Weatherspoon's little brother and Brooks and Feazell. Once they get some experience we're going to be pretty good.

dickiedawg
03-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Just trademarked CBIChampsville.

RougeDawg
03-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Either way I'm pretty excited to see how this team grows plus we add Weatherspoon's little brother and Brooks and Feazell. Once they get some experience we're going to be pretty good.

What about Ado? We get him too. Had we had him this year we most likely make NCAA tourney.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2017, 08:26 AM
So how does a team get in the CBI? Is it invitation like the others?

Bucky Dog
03-09-2017, 08:35 AM
I had predicted to a friend and will say it here, IF we beat Bama today, we will beat USCe tomorrow! We are as talented as Bama, but they seem to play more athletic than we do, and SC is just a mature team that is coached well but we are more talented. #BracketBusters

Martianlander
03-09-2017, 08:45 AM
So how does a team get in the CBI? Is it invitation like the others?

That's my understanding. Much like the NIT.

mparkerfd20
03-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Screw the CBI... Let's just win the whole 17ing thing.

louisvilledawg
03-09-2017, 09:19 AM
I had predicted to a friend and will say it here, IF we beat Bama today, we will beat USCe tomorrow! We are as talented as Bama, but they seem to play more athletic than we do, and SC is just a mature team that is coached well but we are more talented. #BracketBusters

We are as talented, they're just bigger and better at defense. They're going to be tough as hell to beat - they seem to have our number. (hope i'm wrong though - due theory)

MarketingBully
03-09-2017, 09:34 AM
We are as talented, they're just bigger and better at defense. They're going to be tough as hell to beat - they seem to have our number. (hope i'm wrong though - due theory)

We have a punchers chance. Keys to the game: don't turn the ball over and don't foul. If we do those things, we will win. They beat us by 9 in Tuscaloosa but shot 31-35 freethrows and we didn't have IJ for that game.

WSOPdawg
03-09-2017, 09:36 AM
This team is talented. I really love Tyson Carter. He showed out tonight. Love his game. Get 10-15 lbs on him and he will have a legit chance to make the NBA.

And we're off... queue the "Q jinx."

fishwater99
03-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Oh how soon we forget that 7 game losing streak and the " I can't wait til baseball starts" diatribe. It sure would feel good to win that last game though.

Just need to play LSU twice...

gtowndawg
03-09-2017, 11:12 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder935/68591935.jpg

mstatefan91
03-09-2017, 11:36 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/05/Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

oildawg
03-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I never really understood why some teams have declined the CBI and NIT... OK, so you didn't make it to the NCAA tourney - but why not keep playing, practicing, developing and getting better. I think we would jump at that chance to keep playing. In football, nobody in their right mind considered turning down the St. Petersburg Bowl - so why would it be any different in basketball.

mstatefan91
03-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I never really understood why some teams have declined the CBI and NIT... OK, so you didn't make it to the NCAA tourney - but why not keep playing, practicing, developing and getting better. I think we would jump at that chance to keep playing. In football, nobody in their right mind considered turning down the St. Petersburg Bowl - so why would it be any different in basketball.

Always came across as a pride thing to me. The mindset of "We aren't good enough for the NCAA tournament this year, but even at our worst, we are too good for you."

Johnson85
03-09-2017, 11:51 AM

I think it's relatively expensive to play in. The only reason I would be interested in playing in it is to play young guys. If we were losing most of our contributors, I'd be less interested in playing just to have the underclassmen play, although not necessarily against it. This team needs to play though.

msstate7
03-09-2017, 04:53 PM
On second thought, pull the plug and start offseason conditioning and individual workouts asap. We need that much worse than this undisciplined ball we've resorted to

Liverpooldawg
03-09-2017, 05:47 PM
If they will take us, we should play. We need the experience.

MarketingBully
03-09-2017, 07:26 PM
On second thought, pull the plug and start offseason conditioning and individual workouts asap. We need that much worse than this undisciplined ball we've resorted to

Gotta love when you said you would be happy with 16-16. I guess you lied.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2017, 07:37 PM
The old joke used to be that if you won the NIT, you were the 65th best team in the country. With that said, let 'em go and see what they can do against equally young/mediocre teams. Get a taste of post season. Screw the money Johnson85, the other 13 teams in the SEC will be splitting UM's forfeited $8M... so we can afford it.