PDA

View Full Version : Big D

Bigbee
03-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Not Dallas. Sadder....

Anyway, any of you guys been through divorce in Mississippi. Please PM me, I have questions that attorneys don't seem to want to answer.

Thanks

DanDority
03-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Not been through one in MS, it was in TN. Anyway GET a GOOD DIVORCE attorney! Speaking with experience. Sorry to hear!

Bigbee
03-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Jack Lambert
03-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Friend of mine just got one and he came out really good. He said the one who wants out the most usually loses. He waited it out.

Bigbee
03-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Waited it out..... As in let her serve you and play victim?

Or slow play mediation process?

Johnson85
03-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Waited it out..... As in let her serve you and play victim?

Or slow play mediation process?

In Mississippi, if the person pushing for divorce can't prove grounds for a fault based divorce, then you just contest the divorce unless they agree to a reasonable settlement agreement under an irreconcilable differences divorce. Your attorney should be able to help you make sure you're not inadvertently providing grounds (like by abandonment).

With respect to your question, are they just refusing to answer a question because they nobody can know the answer? (e.g., how much will it cost? the answer s it largely depends on how the parties act)
Are they possibly giving you bad news but refusing to just say it rather than couch it in qualifiers and on the other hands?
Or are you maybe talking to bad attorneys? Lots of struggling attorneys will take business they have no business taking because they don't know what they're doing, but I would say divorce is possibly the most common occurrence of it just because divorce cases are more likely to fall in your lap than other cases.

Bigbee
03-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Thanks a bunch. PM sent