PDA

View Full Version : Best value for Seat Location: Football Season tickets

oildawg
03-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Just renewed my season tickets. For some reason, I look forward to doing that every year. Getting them in the mail is another fun, yearly event...

My tickets are in Section 20, which have a required Bulldog Club donation of $150 per seat. Seems to me that this is the "sweet spot". Great seats (practically on the 50) - and relatively cheap required donation to the Bulldog Club. The seats are on the East (visitor) side, but seems like a small sacrifice for the much cheaper required BDC donation. For several years, I've been happy with these seat locations.

Just curious if the other season ticket holders have a different thought. Is being on the West (home) side or the new scoreboard club / State level worth the extra cost?

oildawg
03-08-2017, 11:01 AM
I cannot figure out how to insert an image... Let's see if inserting a link works....

http://msubulldogclub.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-STADIUM-PRICES.pdf?

maroonmania
03-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Just renewed my season tickets. For some reason, I look forward to doing that every year. Getting them in the mail is another fun, yearly event...

My tickets are in Section 20, which have a required Bulldog Club donation of $150 per seat. Seems to me that this is the "sweet spot". Great seats (practically on the 50) - and relatively cheap required donation to the Bulldog Club. The seats are on the East (visitor) side, but seems like a small sacrifice for the much cheaper required BDC donation. For several years, I've been happy with these seat locations.

Just curious if the other season ticket holders have a different thought. Is being on the West (home) side or the new scoreboard club / State level worth the extra cost?

Agree that for seat value the East side is the better bargain. The biggest issue with the East side used to be sun but now we almost NEVER get an afternoon kickoff so that issue has sort of gone away. Most every game at this point either kicks off at 11:00 (sun just as bad on both sides) or its at 6:00 or later. I'm in Section 19 for 135/seat at around the 25 yard line and like it there relative to the cost.

MafiaDawg
03-08-2017, 11:41 AM
One negative about the east side is that the concourse and restrooms haven't been renovated. Correct? I'm on the west side so I don't know.

Cary Hudson's little bro
03-08-2017, 11:47 AM
The Gridiron Club is the coolest thing to ever happen in a stadium. Unless you have small kids. Schools and pro teams all over the country are copying what Strickland did for us.

BrunswickDawg
03-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Man, you are making me miss my seats. Had Section 21 about halfway up from 1992-1999. Moved from ATL to the coast and gave them up because of the 10 hour drive. I loved those seats.

Turfdawg67
03-08-2017, 12:40 PM
The Gridiron Club is the coolest thing to ever happen in a stadium. Unless you have small kids. Schools and pro teams all over the country are copying what Strickland did for us.

Cliff notes on what makes the Gridiron club so great? Thanks.

maroonmania
03-08-2017, 12:57 PM
One negative about the east side is that the concourse and restrooms haven't been renovated. Correct? I'm on the west side so I don't know.

Yes, that's true. Still stuck with the Templeton troughs unless you want to trek around to the new end zone area.

fishwater99
03-08-2017, 01:20 PM
East side Section 19 or 20..

Dawgbite
03-08-2017, 01:22 PM
The Scoreboard Club has everything that the Gridiron has plus you have a better view of the game and you are never more than a few steps from your seat. I have sat in most every section in the stadium over the years and my top three in order would be..

1. West side 200 level
2. Loge seating in north end zone
3. Scoreboard Club

Dawgbite
03-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Liquor and beer.

jumbo
03-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Liquor and beer.

so all the clubs?

Dawgbite
03-08-2017, 04:01 PM
so all the clubs?

Yes, they don't serve it or sell it but you get a locker that you can service on friday afternoon. All the Clubs furnish set ups, cups, ice, and food.

Bass Chaser
03-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Restrooms have been updated. No more troughs but the concourses haven't.

Buddy
03-08-2017, 06:18 PM

Private (and uncrowded) restrooms.
Unlimited food and drink starting 2 hours before the game and continuing at least 1 hour after.
Air-conditioning.
Being field level... watching the teams warm up before the game and interacting with the MSU players after a victory.
TVs throughout to watch other games before ours start (or after ours is over). My family uses it as our "tailgate".

We've also tried nearly every section in DWS and we prefer the upper west deck. Can see the field so much better and
the rows are not as long (less standing to let people by). We have chairback seats on the aisle in Section 308 on about the 45-yard line
and can travel to/from the Gridiron Club in about 3 minutes using the elevators. Makes it really easy to go back any time we need something to drink or want some
more food. BC contribution is $135 per seat.... we think it's the "sweet spot" in the entire stadium.

Another "great value" are the seats in the upper east deck in rows 1-3 of sections 335-337. We have several friends that sit up there (also Gridiron Club members)
and they refuse to move. The concourse up there is fully enclosed and air-conditioned, so it's a really nice place to hang out if you need a break from the heat or cold.
The view from the seats is comparable to Section 308, and the cost is much cheaper (about $260 cheaper per season ticket than Section 308 when considering total cost).

oildawg
03-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Private (and uncrowded) restrooms.
Unlimited food and drink starting 2 hours before the game and continuing at least 1 hour after.
Air-conditioning.
Being field level... watching the teams warm up before the game and interacting with the MSU players after a victory.
TVs throughout to watch other games before ours start (or after ours is over). My family uses it as our "tailgate".

We've also tried nearly every section in DWS and we prefer the upper west deck. Can see the field so much better and
the rows are not as long (less standing to let people by). We have chairback seats on the aisle in Section 308 on about the 45-yard line
and can travel to/from the Gridiron Club in about 3 minutes using the elevators. Makes it really easy to go back any time we need something to drink or want some
more food. BC contribution is $135 per seat.... we think it's the "sweet spot" in the entire stadium.

Another "great value" are the seats in the upper east deck in rows 1-3 of sections 335-337. We have several friends that sit up there (also Gridiron Club members)
and they refuse to move. The concourse up there is fully enclosed and air-conditioned, so it's a really nice place to hang out if you need a break from the heat or cold.
The view from the seats is comparable to Section 308, and the cost is much cheaper (about $260 cheaper per season ticket than Section 308 when considering total cost).

In that case, would you pay the $850 per seat for the Gridiron Club - plus the $135 for the Chairback seat in Section 305?

Assuming you'd have to make both donations, it does seem like a good idea that if the Gridiron Club is that great - that one could try to find a cheaper regular seat in the stadium - like you said, maybe section 335-337 on the east side, which has no required BDC donation - and is even a cheaper Season Ticket (Top Dog season ticket is $220 versus regular $340....or as I found out yesterday, $370.....). In that case, you have access to the Gridiron Club, and still have a nice stadium view.

Buddy
03-09-2017, 01:29 PM
In that case, would you pay the $850 per seat for the Gridiron Club - plus the $135 for the Chairback seat in Section 305?

Assuming you'd have to make both donations, it does seem like a good idea that if the Gridiron Club is that great - that one could try to find a cheaper regular seat in the stadium - like you said, maybe section 335-337 on the east side, which has no required BDC donation - and is even a cheaper Season Ticket (Top Dog season ticket is $220 versus regular $340....or as I found out yesterday, $370.....). In that case, you have access to the Gridiron Club, and still have a nice stadium view.

I can tell you it's much easier (and quicker) to get to the upper west deck from the Gridiron Club than it is the upper east deck. There is an elevator just down the hall from the Gridiron Club that goes straight to the upper level at the NW corner of the stadium.... and there is never a line since it serves the Gridiron Club folks. If you are going to the Upper east deck, you've got a pretty good walk to get to the elevators on that side, and sometimes they are shut down or you have to deal with long lines. We have sat in the upper east deck (Top Dog sections) a few times when we had Gridiron Club passes and it was not as convenient to go back and forth.

However, like you said, it's much cheaper. Full price tickets are $375 and Top Dog tickets are $250 this year. Then most of the full priced tickets have a BC donation that is required.... 4 Top Dog season tickets are $1,040 cheaper than 4 chairback seats in Section 308. If you are looking to save money, the Top Dog tickets are by far the way to go. And the view from there is really good, especially if you can get tickets in the lower rows.