PDA

View Full Version : Does Canni's coaching style remind you of Polk?

beretta
03-07-2017, 09:35 PM
ever since the season started, i can't help to think in every game that our team reminds me of a Polk team....I have no intelligent reason to say so, but it pops in my head every game....

anyone else feel that way?

Human Meat
03-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Yes. That is not a bad thing, assuming he recruits well.

yjnkdawg
03-07-2017, 11:02 PM
I know there are legitimate reasons for changing pitchers to get certain pitcher hitter matchups, but what I can't see is when a pitcher seems to be throwing strikes, and has command of his pitches, why just let him pitch to just one batter or two, as we saw tonight (Barton and Barlow).

Dawgsfanalongtime77
03-08-2017, 05:04 AM
The way our bullpen has struggled overall it makes perfect sense to keep guys fresh and to have a better understanding what our the strengths are if that's possible before sec play begins. Bats need to pick back up to take pressure off the pitching. You never felt the entire game that 2 runs would hold up on la tech

Homedawg
03-08-2017, 07:53 AM
ever since the season started, i can't help to think in every game that our team reminds me of a Polk team....I have no intelligent reason to say so, but it pops in my head every game....

anyone else feel that way?

No. It doesn't. Not even close he's fiery. A top step guy. He teaches aggression at the plate. I and keep going but those are both dead opposite of rp.

TNDawg35
03-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Im just starting to wonder how much Henderson is over the pitchers and if this is him making these moves. I wonder if Coach Cann is giving him reigns of the pitching staff and he is the one making these calls about who throws when and how long and not Cann....

dawg93
03-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Also, we have already stolen more bases than Polk's teams normally did nearly the entire season. Much more aggressive on the bases than he ever was. The only year Polk really ran was back in the Dan Van Cleve years.