PDA

View Full Version : 9 years ago today

ScoobaDawg
03-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Doc Foglesong was forced to resign.
Though he was a nut and ripped up some flowers and tried to pain everything military drab brown....

He got rid of one of the worst problems in MSU history.

LT

Thank Doc for doing what noone else would do.

Indndawg
03-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Curious, what was the exact reason(s) is was forced out. I see to remember something about the faculty was not happy.

Reason2succeed
03-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Larry Templeton was the worst. I was a student and I could see that. I can only imagine what Jackie Sherril would have done with a better athletic director.

Maroon Wizardry
03-07-2017, 05:14 PM
He wasn't terrible, but it was way past time for him to go... He didn't adapt and evolve and we got behind the times... considering Fogelsong resigned shortly after I'm going to guess it was the big money people that were "forcing" them both out. Doc just signed off on it. I still remember Doc flying around during the pregame for like 45 minutes and delaying the start. He was a complete tool. We currently have awesome leadership.

WinningIsRelentless
03-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Doc Foglesong was forced to resign.
Though he was a nut and ripped up some flowers and tried to pain everything military drab brown....

He got rid of one of the worst problems in MSU history.

LT

Thank Doc for doing what noone else would do.

Doc deserves a statue just for that

lamont
03-07-2017, 06:15 PM
This is all you need to know about Larry Templeton:

Was going to hire Bobby Wallace as our head football coach in 1990. He was overruled by Dr. Z who hired his choice- Jackie Wayne Sherrill
Was going to hire former State asst Dwayne Reboul as the basketball coach to replace Richard Williams. Was told "no you're not- you are going to promote Rick Stansbury"
Templeton hired Sylvester Croom over Jimbo Fisher- that OC at LSU
Templeton hired Ron Polk back at State after Polk retired
Templeton promised Polk he could name his successor

LT thought small and "went along" with whatever the SEC pushed on him. He is just another part of the Mississippi Good ol Boy thinking that kept us from progressing for years and years. He had a little business sense- but not enough to realize he was still holding us back.

Thanks Doc

msbulldog
03-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Templeton was manager of the ticket office, when I was in school. I knew him and didn't have a very favorable opinion (I am choosing to not use more descriptive terms) of him. I was always convinced he got the AD job, because of his Starkville connections, back in those days the Templeton family was pretty strong in Starkville.

SailingDawg
03-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Templeton was manager of the ticket office, when I was in school. I knew him and didn't have a very favorable opinion (I am choosing to not use more descriptive terms) of him. I was always convinced he got the AD job, because of his Starkville connections, back in those days the Templeton family was pretty strong in Starkville.

Slow down on those commas, cowboy!

GTHOM
03-07-2017, 08:01 PM
This is all you need to know about Larry Templeton:

Was going to hire Bobby Wallace as our head football coach in 1990. He was overruled by Dr. Z who hired his choice- Jackie Wayne Sherrill
Was going to hire former State asst Dwayne Reboul as the basketball coach to replace Richard Williams. Was told "no you're not- you are going to promote Rick Stansbury"
Templeton hired Sylvester Croom over Jimbo Fisher- that OC at LSU
Templeton hired Ron Polk back at State after Polk retired
Templeton promised Polk he could name his successor

LT thought small and "went along" with whatever the SEC pushed on him. He is just another part of the Mississippi Good ol Boy thinking that kept us from progressing for years and years. He had a little business sense- but not enough to realize he was still holding us back.

Thanks Doc

The SEC had a lot to do with us hiring Croom

Dawgowar
03-07-2017, 08:09 PM
LT's failures urges got us put on probation. Period. Glad I caught autocorrect- that sentence was about to say "LT's Facials got..." Would have been bad. Very bad.

lamont
03-07-2017, 08:38 PM
The SEC had a lot to do with us hiring Croom

Thats alot of BS propaganda and was thrown out once people saw Croom was awful

Leeshouldveflanked
03-08-2017, 06:39 AM
Templeton was the worst thing to happen to MSU Athletics in the last 50 Years ....Period.

archdog
03-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Curious, what was the exact reason(s) is was forced out. I see to remember something about the faculty was not happy.

Architecture School flexed it tiny muscles and started a movement. Weeks later, he gone.

Again, greetings from Paris.

Mjoelner34
03-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Thats alot of BS propaganda and was thrown out once people saw Croom was awful

^^^THIS^^^ Just like the false narrative that 'he cleaned up the program'. I remember a poster on another message board that shall not be mentioned here had as his signature a running total of the number of arrests vs. the number of wins. The last one I remember seeing was 13 arrests, 13 wins. The former SPD chief told me the only difference his department could tell between Jackie's teams and Croom's teams was that Croom was too lazy to come get them out of jail the night they were arrested whereas Jackie would get up and come get them at 2am.

Joe Schmedlap
03-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Templeton was the worst thing to happen to MSU Athletics in the last 50 Years ....Period.

This is da troof