PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog secondary 2017

JETDAWG
03-07-2017, 10:41 AM
There is no question Brandon Bryant has all the measurables, and surely you could call last year a sophomore slump, but that being said we have some serious talent at safety this year, he is fast enough to play anywhere, but our linebacker core is pretty stout too. Any thoughts on a transition to OLB? the new Juco guys will be a key for us this year O-line for sure. What do ya'll think about our depth going into 2017, do we get a serviceable backup QB or do we have to sacrifice a Red-shirt year for Key?

ShotgunDawg
03-07-2017, 11:09 AM
There is no question Brandon Bryant has all the measurables

Poo poo instincts is a deficient measurable. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he amounted to anything. It certainly isn't my expectation

BoomBoom
03-07-2017, 11:09 AM
There is no question Brandon Bryant has all the measurables, and surely you could call last year a sophomore slump, but that being said we have some serious talent at safety this year, he is fast enough to play anywhere, but our linebacker core is pretty stout too. Any thoughts on a transition to OLB? the new Juco guys will be a key for us this year O-line for sure. What do ya'll think about our depth going into 2017, do we get a serviceable backup QB or do we have to sacrifice a Red-shirt year for Key?

With his tackling skills, he could replace Richie Brown.**

smootness
03-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Don't think Bryant at LB is an option, but I still think he can be a player at safety.

It would be nice if we could redshirt Thompson, but honestly, if he's as good as I think he's going to be, he won't be here 5 years anyway. So I won't be too disappointed if he plays, and I'd be really excited to see him out there.

Wet Dawg
03-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Don't think Bryant at LB is an option, but I still think he can be a player at safety.

It would be nice if we could redshirt Thompson, but honestly, if he's as good as I think he's going to be, he won't be here 5 years anyway. So I won't be too disappointed if he plays, and I'd be really excited to see him out there.

We did redshirt Thompson

Ifyouonlyknew
03-07-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm not ready to give up on Brandon yet. You don't look like a future NFL player your Freshman year & just all of a sudden lose it. I don't know what happened last year but I think he gets it back this year. Good thing is he has several guys pushing him & if he doesn't perform we have other talented guys waiting.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-07-2017, 11:36 AM
We did redshirt Thompson

I think he's referring to Keytaon

maroonmania
03-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Poo poo instincts is a deficient measurable. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he amounted to anything. It certainly isn't my expectation

I am not going to totally give up on anyone because they underperformed with Sirmon running the show. I would at least give them a chance under a DC that knows what he's doing first before throwing them out with the bath water. I really believe a lot of our players just didn't understand what their responsibility was in the mess we ran last year.

smootness
03-07-2017, 12:12 PM
I think he's referring to Keytaon

Indeed I was. Not Erroll, sorry.

tcdog70
03-07-2017, 12:22 PM
No player should be thrown under the Bus for what happened last Year. We had several players under perform under Sirmon. The Fact that nobody knew WTF they were doing is maybe the reason they under performed. So instead of giving up on a Bulldog , how about We wait and see what our DC can teach them. It is a new Day.

Sacrifice
03-07-2017, 01:03 PM
I'm willing to give everyone on D a mulligan after last year. I believe Sirmon was that bad of a DC

HSVDawg
03-07-2017, 01:17 PM
No player should be thrown under the Bus for what happened last Year. We had several players under perform under Sirmon. The Fact that nobody knew WTF they were doing is maybe the reason they under performed. So instead of giving up on a Bulldog , how about We wait and see what our DC can teach them. It is a new Day.

That's all well and good, but you don't half-ass jog after someone that has gotten behind you when you have a chance to make a play, or check up on guys you think are heading out of bounds only to watch them score a TD because of lack of scheme understanding. That's all how much effort and give a shit that you have. Blaming any of that on Sirmon (other than that he continued to play and wasn't benched and ass chewed in front of the entire team) is silly. His effort last year was straight up Renardo Sidney-esque and there is absolutely no sugar coating it. He's gonna have to do a hell of a lot to win me back, and with the talent we brought in at safety I hope he has to start that path from the bench in order to earn his spot back.

TrapGame
03-07-2017, 01:49 PM
I'm willing to give everyone on D a mulligan after last year. I believe Sirmon was that bad of a DC

Sirmon was lost as DC. I believe he's a self-salesman like Lane Kiffen. He talked a good game and Mullen thought he'd found his next Manny Diaz.

Ari Gold
03-07-2017, 03:26 PM
I'm not ready to give up on Brandon yet. You don't look like a future NFL player your Freshman year & just all of a sudden lose it. I don't know what happened last year but I think he gets it back this year. Good thing is he has several guys pushing him & if he doesn't perform we have other talented guys waiting.

Agree. BB will either step up and buy in or be left behind... with his talent if he steps up big year for him..

tcdog70
03-07-2017, 04:05 PM
That's all well and good, but you don't half-ass jog after someone that has gotten behind you when you have a chance to make a play, or check up on guys you think are heading out of bounds only to watch them score a TD because of lack of scheme understanding. That's all how much effort and give a shit that you have. Blaming any of that on Sirmon (other than that he continued to play and wasn't benched and ass chewed in front of the entire team) is silly. His effort last year was straight up Renardo Sidney-esque and there is absolutely no sugar coating it. He's gonna have to do a hell of a lot to win me back, and with the talent we brought in at safety I hope he has to start that path from the bench in order to earn his spot back.

you answered that yourself--it is the DCs fault for playing Him. If any self-respecting Coach let that happen more the the in initial time , then it is the Coach's fault. All BB is going to have to do to win Me back is pull up His Jock and play Bulldog football.

GTHOM
03-07-2017, 08:15 PM
I imagine he will be on a very short leash with Grantham after last year. Grantham dont play no BS so he will either play his ass off or get left behind by McLaurin, Abrams, Cole etc