PDA

View Full Version : Ole Myth denies FOIA request by CBS sports

lamont
03-06-2017, 05:30 PM
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/838865613351182337

"Ole Miss rejects Freedom of Information request on amended NOA. Contends it ?does not possess or retain copy? of NOA. Wait, what?"

#transparency #ProbationPlantation #ExemplaryCooperation

starkvegasdawg
03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
So that press conference was just a practice trial run in case they get an amended NOA?

Remember when I said they'd deny it by saying they didn't have it? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

tireddawg
03-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Exactly what was said they would do.

PassInterference
03-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Wow.

The nation collectively rolls their eyes at this.

Back to the NOA - who in their right mind believes that Ole Miss gave us the truth on that? They are hiding the truth behind an external lawyer.

MadDawg
03-06-2017, 05:45 PM
Let's hope CBS doesn't roll over and take it like the rest of the media does.

BeastMan
03-06-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm waiting on the truth from Cuck Roundsville

DLGDawg
03-06-2017, 05:55 PM
This is excellent. National media gonna blow this up. Supremo negative press.

"Ole Miss rejects Freedom of Information request on amended NOA. Contends it ?does not possess or retain copy? of NOA. Wait, what?"

yjnkdawg
03-06-2017, 05:55 PM
If OM has not had, or does not have a copy the NOA, then how could the Three Stooges have given as much info on their joke of a video presentation to the OM Nation? So they had no copy, but they were giving as much specifics as they could at this time? Well, one thing is certain, the NOA has a lot more in it than what was portrayed. It is still a MS public record and is supposed to be maintained and under the purview of OM, in accordance with their record keeping system, as approved by the State of MS. This is Lawyer101 in circumventing the intent and purpose of the MS Public Records Act. I hope some national media outlet really pushes this.

Mimi's Babies
03-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Wow.

Back to the NOA - who in their right mind believes that Ole Miss gave us the truth on that? They are hiding the truth behind an external lawyer.

How does an Internal lawyer NOT keep a copy..... HUM????? The "Right hand" has no idea that ANOTHER lie was told????? NO wonder Freeze has NO CONTROL....

Reason2succeed
03-06-2017, 06:00 PM
So much for freedom.

DanDority
03-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Is this possible to deny a FOIA?

yjnkdawg
03-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Maybe CBS or any other requesters need to request any correspondence (letters, emails, texts, copies) concerning any correspondence that OM has had with any other person or party (not an actual on-campus employee of the university) , with any reference to the NOA, as Amended.

CadaverDawg
03-06-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm sure it didn't even hit the xerox....just went straight to BHam.**

Laughable. That school is a total joke. If you're an Ole Miss troll and you're reading this...everyone is laughing at you and your little cheating ass program. Y'all look like an ant on the boot of college football, and it's going to be great to see you squished.

https://i1.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/science-of-scale3.jpg?fit=475%2C%209999&crop=0%2C0%2C100%2C362px

yjnkdawg
03-06-2017, 06:18 PM

If you are a state funded institution of higher learning, and your name is OM apparently it is.

confucius say
03-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Maybe CBS or any other requesters need to request any correspondence (letters, emails, texts, copies) concerning any correspondence that OM has had with any other person or party (not an actual on-campus employee of the university) , with any reference to the NOA, as Amended.

Email from the lawyer just stating the allegations to bjork would be privileged.

Political Hack
03-06-2017, 06:23 PM
They think they're above the law. Ask Dickie.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-06-2017, 06:24 PM
I say forget the 30 for 30 and do a Netflix original like Last Chance U. Call it "Hey NCAA F%$& U"

starkvegasdawg
03-06-2017, 06:29 PM
As expected, the asshats over at nafoom are perfectly ok with this.

Perpetual Underachiever
03-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Maybe this will finally motivate one of these said 'journalist' to do some actual investigative journalism.

yjnkdawg
03-06-2017, 06:31 PM
As expected, the asshats over at nafoom are perfectly ok with this.

But they are still planning on going ahead and suing the NCAA.**************

Spiderman
03-06-2017, 06:32 PM

The Culture of Corruption. It's why they cheat at everything, bribe judges, etc. It's in their DNA.

It's who they are.

Spiderman
03-06-2017, 06:38 PM
If OM has not had, or does not have a copy the NOA, then how could the Three Stooges have given as much info on their joke of a video presentation to the OM Nation? So they had no copy, but they were giving as much specifics as they could at this time? Well, one thing is certain, the NOA has a lot more in it than what was portrayed. It is still a MS public record and is supposed to be maintained and under the purview of OM, in accordance with their record keeping system, as approved by the State of MS. This is Lawyer101 in circumventing the intent and purpose of the MS Public Records Act. I hope some national media outlet really pushes this.

I'm sure they drove to B'ham to read the letter. I'm sure it wasn't emailed or faxed to them.

I also believe in the fugging Easter Bunny

spiral
03-06-2017, 06:40 PM
So a school that believes it has done nothing wrong just luckily told the NCAA preemptively that in the event a NOA ever occurs just send it to another state because we don't want a copy.

RocketDawg
03-06-2017, 06:46 PM
They keep using "outside counsel". Why do they have "inside" lawyers if they don't use them? Sounds like a total waste of taxpayer money.

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Ok, so there is OBVIOSLY stuff in the NOA that they REALLY don't want out in public. Any ideas? Boosters they don't want named? Maybe hints that actual LAWS were broken? Maybe both?

RocketDawg
03-06-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm sure they drove to B'ham to read the letter. I'm sure it wasn't emailed or faxed to them.

I also believe in the fugging Easter Bunny

Their B'ham lawyers probably met them halfway so they could read it, maybe at a diner just inside the Alabama line. **

WinningIsRelentless
03-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Their B'ham lawyers probably met them halfway so they could read it, maybe at a diner just inside the Alabama line. **

I heard it was at a huddle house **

BayouDawg
03-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Guys you know good and well Bucky and Bdork are itching to tell their story. They want so bad to release it**

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2017, 06:51 PM

The McDonalds in Red Bay.

Mjoelner34
03-06-2017, 06:52 PM

Since 34, Rosebowl and the NCAA met at the Waffle House in Hattiesburg, it stands to reason that the meeting in question took place at a Waffle House in Hamilton, Alabama.

lamont
03-06-2017, 06:53 PM
They cant wait to tell their story- just as long as they keep hidden the actual facts

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Since 34, Rosebowl and the NCAA met at the Waffle House in Hattiesburg, it stands to reason that the meeting in question took place at a Waffle House in Hamilton, Alabama.
I think there is one just off I22 there.

Mimi's Babies
03-06-2017, 07:04 PM
They keep using "outside counsel". Why do they have "inside" lawyers if they don't use them? Sounds like a total waste of taxpayer money.

REALLY? You should see the SALARIES of the "INSIDE COUNSEL" and each of the inside counsel actually works for the Attorney General's office....

Mimi's Babies
03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Ok, so there is OBVIOSLY stuff in the NOA that they REALLY don't want out in public. Any ideas? Boosters they don't want named? Maybe hints that actual LAWS were broken? Maybe both?

Yes actual laws have been broken......

Boosters have been named..... some of them have state and federal government ties...

Two specific coaches at OM were named......

BayouDawg
03-06-2017, 07:07 PM
They cant wait to tell their story- just as long as they keep hidden the actual facts

Oh they've been telling stories alright.

Boodawg
03-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Do they not know how bad this makes them look ? Idiots

BayouDawg
03-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Do they not know how bad this makes them look ? Idiots
They got to feel like they're in control. I call it LDC. Little Dick syndrome

Perpetual Underachiever
03-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Sooooo we've made the decision to implement a bowl ban, and forfeit the $7.8 mill in revenue, based off of a document we do not possess... WTF?!? I knew that they would you the outside counsel loophole to dodge the FOIA request, but still cannot comprehend this level of shadiness from a public institution. This dumpster fire is costing the residents of MS millions, yet no one seems concerned with holding the administration accountable. At what point does an adult (governor, senator, etc.) step in and address the complete lack of transparency?

The good news is that the NOA must be more damning than most thought to justify this level of bullshitery.

Political Hack
03-06-2017, 07:35 PM
When state residents start flooding the state house with complaints about a public institution acting like this, it'll be stopped. Until then, it will continue.

Boodawg
Is OM using public funds to fight this? They should have to use other funds to fight this. Like athletic funds from alumni right?

TrapGame
Damn they are so screwed. What the Three Stooges didn't mention in their little video must be really bad. Really, really bad.

BrunswickDawg
03-06-2017, 07:42 PM

Vacant Waffle King in Gordo.

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Vacant Waffle King in Gordo.

There used to be a boiled peanut shack in Eldridge.

JoseBrown
03-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Don't let them fool you, they either have it or have had it. They've already written their formal response to it, and won't be surprised if they have to start responding to another one. Everything else, like the dog and pony show, is just window dressing to try and save Freeze...shitbirds..

DoctorDawg
03-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Is OM using public funds to fight this? They should have to use other funds to fight this. Like athletic funds from alumni right?

I have wondered this also. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for this.

Perpetual Underachiever
03-06-2017, 08:05 PM

But they are, and bjork and co. refuse to let anyone review their hypothetical 'receipts'

Boodawg
03-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Damn right. That would mean anyone living and paying taxes in ms would be and are paying for this crap.

vv83
03-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Damn right. That would mean anyone living and paying taxes in ms would be and are paying for this crap.

How much support would it take to get a referendum or something voted on for this matter?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-06-2017, 08:15 PM
"Maybe this will finally motivate one of these said 'journalist' to do some actual investigative journalism".

Would be nice but I doubt it.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-06-2017, 08:20 PM

Exit 14 off I-22 next to the Key West Inn

WinningIsRelentless
03-06-2017, 08:37 PM

Exit 14 off I-22 next to the Key West Inn

Yep talk about bfe

GTHOM
03-06-2017, 08:44 PM
So that press conference was just a practice trial run in case they get an amended NOA?

Remember when I said they'd deny it by saying they didn't have it? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Rep

Dawgology
03-06-2017, 08:57 PM
I told y'all the day they released that video that it was a controlled message. I can assure you (100% assure you) that this is not endearing them with the NCAA.

What I don't understand is how they can claim they don't have it in their possession. Even if it's outside counsel if they are paying that firm to represent them tabs their interests then it's in their possession.

bobtail bob
03-06-2017, 09:00 PM

man beaver had the sawdust hash browns all the way and tried to get a clergy discount......

starkvegasdawg34, you did call it exactly what these trasy mofos would do.
I want to know how all this defense , thats been going on for a while, is being paid for.....

ShotgunDawg
03-06-2017, 09:09 PM
What's the angle here?

Is to keep guys from transferring before Summer?

To build up their full defense before showing evidence?

I mean, they have release it at some point, so why not now?

Homedawg
03-06-2017, 09:14 PM
What's the angle here?

What do they have to gain by releasing it?

msstate7
03-06-2017, 09:17 PM
What do they have to gain by releasing it?

What did they have to gain by that bizarre YouTube memo? Why tell the world they have the new NOA and then refuse to release it? Had they not done the YouTube deal, cbs wouldn't have even filed an FOIA

missouridawg
03-06-2017, 09:21 PM
The protection of the names of prominent boosters.

PassInterference
03-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Delay, delay, delay is the thing when you are losing. They are delaying the inevitable as long as possible.

DancingRabbit
03-06-2017, 09:25 PM
What did they have to gain by that bizarre YouTube memo? Why tell the world they have the new NOA and then refuse to release it? Had they not done the YouTube deal, cbs wouldn't have even filed an FOIA

"We can't wait to tell our side of the story." (We're not ready to let you see the facts in black and white)

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/782/597/6_4597782.jpg

confucius say
03-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Boosters were pissed at the lack of transparency and being lied to the first go round. That's why they did the video.

They don't want everything revealed at this point. That's why they won't release it the NOA right now.

Homedawg
03-06-2017, 09:29 PM

To get ahead of it. Trust me it's not nearly as "good" as they made it sound. That was snipets!

msstate7
03-06-2017, 09:31 PM
To get ahead of it. Trust me it's not nearly as "good" as they made it sound. That was snipets!

When they refused the FOIA, I automatically assumed it was worse than implied and it sounded bad then

codeDawg
03-06-2017, 09:36 PM
As long as it isn't out there, there is still a chance it can be changed. I expect that it's full of boosters and accusations against Freeze. It's interesting how they are defending Freeze so hard. It's almost like he knows something they don't want anyone else to know....

Jack Lambert
03-06-2017, 09:41 PM
I guess they don't want to release it so they can continue to lie.

Bully13
03-06-2017, 09:42 PM
They're still trying to cut a better deal. The pending one is not good. They are hanging on a hopeless prayer.

DancingRabbit
03-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Stewart Mandel‏: Billable hours winning the Ole Miss case.

Bully13
03-06-2017, 09:50 PM
This is not the end. This is not even the beginning of the end. But it perhaps the end of the beginning.

jbjones
03-06-2017, 09:52 PM
I guess they don't want to release it so they can continue to lie.

When I read your post, I immediately thought of Tool's "intolerance".

"...lie, cheat, steal". Seems fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adE3Ldy0TME

Political Hack
03-06-2017, 09:55 PM
It's like a sunburn. The ole miss faithful is slowly getting cooked without realizing and eventually they're going to wake up in a world of pain.

They've always been pretty good at winning the press conference but they've set themselves up here about as poorly as they could've. I don't understand how this end game is going to help them unless they're actually arrogant enough to think they can threaten their way out of this one too.

IMissJack
03-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Keep digging that hole in Oxford. The national media will really like this approach...****

BHildreth3
03-06-2017, 10:19 PM
The Culture of Corruption. It's why they cheat at everything, bribe judges, etc. It's in their DNA.

It's who they are.

THIS. ALL DAY LONG. EVERYDAY.

Turfdawg67
03-07-2017, 12:02 AM
"We can't wait to tell our side of the story." (We're not ready to let you see the facts in black and white)

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/782/597/6_4597782.jpg

Someone ought to tweet this to finebaum! Maybe he'll stop being their puppet.

HSVDawg
03-07-2017, 12:15 AM

This was discussed way back when they selectively released what emails they wanted to from the compliance department after Freeze's now infamous tweet. I think someone who had a legal background stated that the only legal ramifications to not responding to an FOIA in a timely manner was a fine of like $150. So, I wouldn't expect them to ever respond to any of them under those circumstances. They'll just continue the stall tactics as always, which hopefully will continue to bite them in the ass.

Coach007
03-07-2017, 12:40 AM

No.... damn..... way!

yjnkdawg
03-07-2017, 12:51 AM
This was discussed way back when they selectively released what emails they wanted to from the compliance department after Freeze's now infamous tweet. I think someone who had a legal background stated that the only legal ramifications to not responding to an FOIA in a timely manner was a fine of like $150. So, I wouldn't expect them to ever respond to any of them under those circumstances. They'll just continue the stall tactics as always, which hopefully will continue to bite them in the ass.

It's actually $100 per violation, and a violation could evolve as from one violation of $100 to many and several thousand dollars depending on how a violation(s) was interpreted. It would still be more feasible on the pentaly phase for OM to go that route, if the Confidentality Clause claim is bogus and they want to not abide by MS Law. For any penalty fine to be possibly accessed, it would have to originate with someone not receiving their requested document(s), and following through with the complaint procedures as stated in the MS Public Records Act. Otherwise, I don't see any action from State Government being instigated against OM. Does anybody even know the legality of this confidentality clause excuse for not releasing a copy of the NOA? It hasn't been challenged, to my knowledge, and until it is legally challenged, then whether it is a legal means ,or just smoke and mirrors, nobody outside OM and their Law Firm probably doesn't know.

DancingRabbit
03-07-2017, 01:08 AM
It's actually $100 per violation, and a violation could evolve as from one violation of $100 to many and several thousand dollars depending on how a violation(s) was interpreted. It would still be more feasible on the pentaly phase for OM to go that route, if the Confidentality Clause claim is bogus and they want to not abide by MS Law. For any penalty fine to be possibly accessed, it would have to originate with someone not receiving their requested document(s), and following through with the complaint procedures as stated in the MS Public Records Act. Otherwise, I don't see any action from State Government being instigated against OM. Does anybody even know the legality of this confidentality clause excuse for not releasing a copy of the NOA? It hasn't been challenged, to my knowledge, and until it is legally challenged, then whether it is a legal means ,or just smoke and mirrors, nobody outside OM and their Law Firm probably doesn't know.

CBS nor anyone else will bother to pursue it in the courts, but OM will lose in the court of public opinion and the media. Like Wolken said, we'll all see it in 80 days anyway.

They have enjoyed a sympathetic media in the past, but going forward no one of any stature will give them a break. The national guys are laughing at Bjork.

yjnkdawg
03-07-2017, 01:25 AM
What's the angle here?

Maybe because they think they can reduce or dismiss some the allegations and they don't want the information they didn't tell us, to be divulged to the public or media with the hope that they can make some of it disappear or be less of a violation with some type of negotiation with the NCAA. Not very feasible but, I wouldn't be surprised.

blacklistedbully
03-07-2017, 01:57 AM

I believe I may have been the one who mentioned the fine way back when, and I'm no legal expert, but I did do some research on it. As I recall, I also made a case for continuing to pursue via legal channels because, though the fines are small, repeated abuse could eventually lead to a "contempt-of-court" charge, which could carry more hefty consequences.

blacklistedbully
03-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Here's a post I made in April 2016:

Question for the lawyers or legal experts here RE: FOIA requests
I actually posted this on another thread, but am hoping this will get seen and answered by the right folks.

I've read a few posts about people complaining about the $100 fine due if a FOIA or similar state version is not met with compliance. The issue being, such a small fine is no deterrent, making it easy for Ole Miss to indefinitely avoid releasing the documents.

But I got to thinking what would or could occur if that did happen. So, this is what I'm thinking:

The thing to do is file the FOIA request, then when they fail to comply go to a judge, who would likely instruct Ole Miss or their law firm to comply with the FOIA request post-haste, and pay the $100 fine.

If there was still non-compliance, the requester could seek civil contempt charges against Ole Miss and their representation. That could then expose them to an additional, larger fine, not for the FOIA breach, but for Contempt of Court. Now you're also talking possible jail time until they comply. I don't think Ole Miss or their lawyers would want the media hit they would get from something like that, nor do I think they would want to risk leaving it in the hands of a judge to decide whether or not he will throw one of them in the pokey until they obeyed the court order.

Can you imagine if that happened? Is it possible from a legal POV?

TUSK
03-07-2017, 02:08 AM

Dude, Ole Miss doesn't have any money...

I'd guess they just swiped their Bama/SEC Financed EBT Card...

Here's a lil Chapter Jackson, to 'splain....

https://youtu.be/NzspsovNvII

Dawgbite
03-07-2017, 07:34 AM

Where else can you buy a Big Mac, Beef Jerky, an RC Cola, and cigarettes all under the same roof.

FISHDAWG
03-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Wow.

maybe they should ask C-34 for his copy ... I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing

Tbonewannabe
03-07-2017, 10:10 AM

Their story is probably a beautiful art of fiction that would rival anything that Faulkner ever written.

Perpetual Underachiever
03-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Bjork's tweet tells me that they do have the NOA in their possession, and that their response to FOIA requests should have stated the requested documents were exempt because of confidentiality.

Simple solution... Submit a new FOIA request asking for the same information, but specifically allowing for the redaction of individual names and businesses.

yjnkdawg
03-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Bjork's tweet tells me that they do have the NOA in their possession, and that their response to FOIA requests should have stated the requested documents were exempt because of confidentiality.

Simple solution... Submit a new FOIA request asking for the same information, but specifically allowing for the redaction of individual names and businesses.

They are not actually exempt, as MS public records.. Let's just say they are not available right now, due to OM's confidentality claim. I doubt that would work even if the redactions were requested.. They would use the same confidentality claim for not releasing the documents. If certain people were available to review the Amended NOA in it's entirety, with the redactions,, they could probably put the puzzle pieces together on who is who, and OM does defintely not want that.

TrapGame
03-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Their story is probably a beautiful art of fiction that would rival anything that Faulkner ever written.

I thought this was their story.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51n9Ft%2B%2Bo9L._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg

Boodawg
03-15-2017, 08:48 AM
Bump

I hate to just let this die down.

Anyone in the know have any news?
Mimi and others, you still hearing Hey Hugh is not living at home?

Turfdawg67
03-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Bump

I hate to just let this die down.

Anyone in the know have any news?
Mimi and others, you still hearing Hey Hugh is not living at home?

I'll answer for Mimi...

SOMEBODY.... knows where Hugh is staying...... right NCAA..... gonna be something when payments get PAID...... Dan knew what NOT to do when it he wasn't DOING it. :confused::confused:

bulldogsmsu
03-15-2017, 09:14 AM
This is excellent. National media gonna blow this up. Supremo negative press.

This has gotten so ridiculous at this point, it is almost unbelievable. This is a complete clown show. How embarrassing. Makes you just want to grab them and shake them and say wake the ____ up.

Liverpooldawg
03-15-2017, 09:17 AM
Dude, Ole Miss doesn't have any money...

I'd guess they just swiped their Bama/SEC Financed EBT Card...

Here's a lil Chapter Jackson, to 'splain....

https://youtu.be/NzspsovNvII

Ever hear of Dickie Scruggs? There are others.

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 11:12 AM
I'll answer for Mimi...

SOMEBODY.... knows where Hugh is staying...... right NCAA..... gonna be something when payments get PAID...... Dan knew what NOT to do when it he wasn't DOING it. :confused::confused:

I'm having a little trouble translating your meaning. Care to clarify?

Turfdawg67
03-15-2017, 12:45 PM
I'm having a little trouble translating your meaning. Care to clarify?

Sorry, just playful jabbing at Mimi's Babies. His/her posts are always so vague and confusing. My post is just jibberish.

RocketDawg
03-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Sorry, just playful jabbing at Mimi's Babies. His/her posts are always so vague and confusing. My post is just jibberish.

Haha. Yeah, you're right about that. And your first point too. ;) I thought I remembered your posts being a little more coherent. :)

yjnkdawg
03-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Ever hear of Dickie Scruggs? There are others.

Yep and some some pretty high up on the political ladder. Oh, and maybe one that's two calls that's all or something similar to that. *****

Perpetual Underachiever
03-15-2017, 08:58 PM
I'll answer for Mimi...

Hilarious! Well done sir.