PDA

View Full Version : Spoon surgery end of this month...

Dawg61
03-05-2017, 03:56 PM
not sure why this got deleted from the game thread and I don't really want to discuss it other than to just point out that once again I was right in a basketball opinion way before anyone else and once again had to eat tons of shitburgers over it from a bunch of y'all. That's all. Carry on dickheads. Hail State

mstatefan91
03-05-2017, 03:59 PM
It shows major insecurity when you have to point out every single time that you are right. Just saying

msstate7
03-05-2017, 04:00 PM
It shows major insecurity when you have to point out every single time that you are right. Just saying

Yeah, but dawg61 beat this drum a long time and pretty much everyone said he was wrong

Dawg61
03-05-2017, 04:05 PM

No bruh I don't want to let it slip by like everyone else wants to without addressing it. I was right long before y'all figured it out. I didn't write the ****ing book I just read it out loud to y'all and y'all didn't like the words I was saying.

smootness
03-05-2017, 04:07 PM
You said he needed to get it immediately and that it was stupid to wait. He'll have plenty of time to recover before next year.

msstate7
03-05-2017, 04:11 PM
You said he needed to get it immediately and that it was stupid to wait. He'll have plenty of time to recover before next year.

That he did... partial credit, 61 haha

Dawg61
03-05-2017, 04:20 PM

Yea cause the recovery time was supposed to be a long time. What's the projected recovery time now?

RiverCityDawg
03-05-2017, 04:26 PM
not sure why this got deleted from the game thread and I don't really want to discuss it other than to just point out that once again I was right in a basketball opinion way before anyone else and once again had to eat tons of shitburgers over it from a bunch of y'all. That's all. Carry on dickheads. Hail State

You're not even right about being right. You'll be right if he isn't full speed by the start of next season. Really though, the point was always that you were ignorant as to the facts of the situation, so even if you end up "right" it's only by pure ignorant luck.

lamont
03-05-2017, 04:28 PM

Not really- when you get tons of people jumping on you for your opinion and you end up correct- make them eat some crow. 61 isnt right very often- let him have this one

ScoobaDawg
03-05-2017, 05:02 PM

EXACTLY. 61 wants to puff his chest out when he was wrong. Q played the rest of the year with no further damage and will have surgery once the season is over.

chef dixon
03-05-2017, 05:35 PM
I've been agreeing with you all season on this 61. The fact that everyone here wanted to keep saying a torn wrist ligament in a brace wasn't affecting his game in a negative way is beyond laughable.

ScoobaDawg
03-05-2017, 05:44 PM
I've been agreeing with you all season on this 61. The fact that everyone here wanted to keep saying a torn wrist ligament in a brace wasn't affecting his game in a negative way is beyond laughable.

Do you honestly think we would have had a better season if Q had surgery earlier in the year?

chef dixon
03-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Do you honestly think we would have had a better season if Q had surgery earlier in the year?

No, but we sure as hell didn't gain anything by him playing

ScoobaDawg
03-05-2017, 06:08 PM
No, but we sure as hell didn't gain anything by him playing

You think Q didn't add anything to any game he played in? You are an idiot.

chef dixon
03-05-2017, 06:11 PM
You think Q didn't add anything to any game he played in? You are an idiot.

Bottom line is everyone thought our season was a disaster so what did it matter if he played or not? Got us to a whopping 6 conference wins. No one is saying he still wasn't our best player but the end result was shit either way. Open your eyes and see the big picture.

If the recovery period is short then his decision to wait doesn't really matter. But my biggest issue was people saying he was struggling and the wrist wasn't the reason.

thf24
03-05-2017, 07:22 PM
No one was staunchly arguing that Q should/would never get the surgery. Assuming it goes well and he's ready to go at the beginning of next season, the experience gained from playing this season is a hell of a lot more valuable than the practice time he'll miss this summer. The guy some of you are trying to argue was significantly hampered by the injury and didn't make a difference in our win total this season finished the regular season 6th in scoring in the conference.

Q did not end his season early to have surgery, and waiting will have no net negative effect on his college or professional career, whether it goes well or not. I fail to see how 61 was right about anything.

Gutter Cobreh
03-05-2017, 07:56 PM
No bruh I don't want to let it slip by like everyone else wants to without addressing it. I was right long before y'all figured it out. I didn't write the ****ing book I just read it out loud to y'all and y'all didn't like the words I was saying.

When the words in the book also say something to the effect that "we'd win more games if our coach would get some technicals" so we can show the refs who is boss, then yes - I'll personally tune out that narrative every time....

Dawg61
03-05-2017, 08:40 PM
When the words in the book also say something to the effect that "we'd win more games if our coach would get some technicals" so we can show the refs who is boss, then yes - I'll personally tune out that narrative every time....

If Howland directed his freshman like Calipari we'd win more games. That same attitude/direction gets mirrored in how Cal interacts with the refs. Why are you so stupid you can't understand that still after six months? Delete your account.

ScoobaDawg
03-05-2017, 09:02 PM
If Howland directed his freshman like Calipari we'd win more games. That same attitude/direction gets mirrored in how Cal interacts with the refs. Why are you so stupid you can't understand that still after six months? Delete your account.

Because maybe we believe a coach like Howland... actually knows how to coach and it's sure not his first time dealing with freshmen.
IF YOU Don't like that you are STILL WRONG...and puffing your chest out trying to act like you knew better than Dr's and Coaches and everyone else advising him...
Well..maybe YOU should take some time off (no I'm not threatening to ban you)

Dawg61
03-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Because maybe we believe a coach like Howland... actually knows how to coach and it's sure not his first time dealing with freshmen.
IF YOU Don't like that you are STILL WRONG...and puffing your chest out trying to act like you knew better than Dr's and Coaches and everyone else advising him...
Well..maybe YOU should take some time off (no I'm not threatening to ban you)

How am I wrong exactly when I was the ONLY one saying he needs surgery now and that includes Howland and Spoon and then finally now they are going to have the surgery. I literally called it months before the own player AND coach did.

Thick
03-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Well, Q's injured wrist must have effected his legs and feet on defense, because he did not move them at all on that end of the court.

Intramural All-American
03-05-2017, 10:45 PM
How am I wrong exactly when I was the ONLY one saying he needs surgery now and that includes Howland and Spoon and then finally now they are going to have the surgery. I literally called it months before the own player AND coach did.

False. I said he needed surgery, too...

ScoobaDawg
03-05-2017, 10:57 PM

Everyone knew he needed surgery some day. The thing was people said the surgery could wait until his player days were over because the surgery might keep him from playing again. They are going ahead with the surgery and we should all hope it goes well. He gained a lot of great experience this year and helped the team when we had noone better. You are wrong because you were cheerleading he should of already had surgery.

Dawg61
03-05-2017, 11:18 PM
You are wrong because you were cheerleading he should of already had surgery.

No that depends on his recovery time before you can say I was wrong and you aren't considering he'd qualify for a medical redshirt if he'd taken the surgery when I said. Maybe the last 3 months coulda been better served on recovery time and he'd qualify for a medical redshirt this year. Spoon could of been 100% healed and ready to start his sophomore season this next year but now he will be starting his junior season. We have lost a year for nothing basically. So how am I wrong again?

Brad Stevens
03-06-2017, 07:54 AM
No that depends on his recovery time before you can say I was wrong and you aren't considering he'd qualify for a medical redshirt if he'd taken the surgery when I said. Maybe the last 3 months coulda been better served on recovery time and he'd qualify for a medical redshirt this year. Spoon could of been 100% healed and ready to start his sophomore season this next year but now he will be starting his junior season. We have lost a year for nothing basically. So how am I wrong again?

You're wrong for a majority of reasons. First off, MSU doctors (and a plethora of other doctors) thought he needed surgery initially. Most all people with a medical background would have agreed. You called for him to go ahead and have surgery about halfway through conference play when he wasn't playing very well. He was past the point of no return by then.

Also, you get the benefit of hindsight. I'm sure if Howland and Q knew ahead of time that we would only win 6 conference games with him playing, then they would have elected for surgery also. They thought it best to play through the pain and instability and hopefully be one of the few experienced players on an extremely young team. No one was clamoring or upset when Q went from "out for the season" to "postponing surgery" until he wasn't playing extremely well about 10 games later.

It's extremely easy and lazy to claim a victory when you have the benefit of hindsight. Let's just hope this surgery and rehab goes well for next season.

Dawgface
03-06-2017, 08:00 AM

Yep. Nothing like I told you so. But he learned from the best on here.

smootness
03-06-2017, 08:43 AM

You are really bad at this.

FanninDawg
03-06-2017, 08:46 AM

Yeap, that's my one gripe about this board. It's always a great read until people put themselves above MSU.

Dawg61
03-06-2017, 09:40 AM
You're wrong for a majority of reasons. First off, MSU doctors (and a plethora of other doctors) thought he needed surgery initially. Most all people with a medical background would have agreed. You called for him to go ahead and have surgery about halfway through conference play when he wasn't playing very well. He was past the point of no return by then.

Also, you get the benefit of hindsight. I'm sure if Howland and Q knew ahead of time that we would only win 6 conference games with him playing, then they would have elected for surgery also. They thought it best to play through the pain and instability and hopefully be one of the few experienced players on an extremely young team. No one was clamoring or upset when Q went from "out for the season" to "postponing surgery" until he wasn't playing extremely well about 10 games later.

It's extremely easy and lazy to claim a victory when you have the benefit of hindsight. Let's just hope this surgery and rehab goes well for next season.

You are really bad at this.

Yeap, that's my one gripe about this board. It's always a great read until people put themselves above MSU.

Nothing like giving y'all an out and you double down on being dickheads instead.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/223/878/35l2zy.jpg

smootness
03-06-2017, 09:52 AM
You weren't proven right, dude. You had three constant opinions:

1) Weatherspoon's wrist was the sole cause of his struggles
2) He needed to have the surgery immediately in order to have enough time to get healed before next year
3) The surgery would absolutely fix the issue and make him better

Ignoring the fact that you didn't decide he had to have surgery when he started playing again but only once he started struggling, let's examine these.

On point 1, neither Howland or Weatherspoon said, 'I struggled later in the year because my wrist was hurting.' They just said they would go ahead and have the surgery. There is no evidence that his wrist was the reason for his struggles, and logic would tell you that if it had any impact, it was minimal. It would not affect his shot, or his ability to go right and finish with his right hand. It could have impacted his ability to go left and finish with his left hand, but there were no clear deficiencies there.

On point 2, it appears he absolutely did not need to have the surgery immediately in order to be ready for next year. The recovery time apparently won't be that long, and he should easily be ready to go by the start of next season.

On point 3, we have no idea whether this is true or not, and plenty of people far more qualified than you have said it may not do anything. Now, I agree that if there is no real risk to make it worse and the recovery time is short, then sure, go ahead and have the surgery. Nothing to lose, and hopefully it fixes the pain. But we just don't know.

Everyone knew he hurt his wrist, and everyone knew he was initially going to have surgery and that he continued to play through pain all year. The idea that you were somehow right and we were all wrong simply because he is going ahead with the surgery after the season is laughable. It's not as though you saw something in his game that indicated he had some kind of wrist injury, concluded he would need surgery, and then nailed it. You just saw he was struggling, knew he had a wrist injury that would need surgery to have any chance of fixing, and said, 'HE NEEDS SURGERY RIGHT NOW!!!'

Congrats.

Dawg61
03-06-2017, 07:03 PM
You weren't proven right, dude. You had three constant opinions:

1) Weatherspoon's wrist was the sole cause of his struggles
2) He needed to have the surgery immediately in order to have enough time to get healed before next year
3) The surgery would absolutely fix the issue and make him better

Ignoring the fact that you didn't decide he had to have surgery when he started playing again but only once he started struggling, let's examine these.

On point 1, neither Howland or Weatherspoon said, 'I struggled later in the year because my wrist was hurting.' They just said they would go ahead and have the surgery. There is no evidence that his wrist was the reason for his struggles, and logic would tell you that if it had any impact, it was minimal. It would not affect his shot, or his ability to go right and finish with his right hand. It could have impacted his ability to go left and finish with his left hand, but there were no clear deficiencies there.

On point 2, it appears he absolutely did not need to have the surgery immediately in order to be ready for next year. The recovery time apparently won't be that long, and he should easily be ready to go by the start of next season.

On point 3, we have no idea whether this is true or not, and plenty of people far more qualified than you have said it may not do anything. Now, I agree that if there is no real risk to make it worse and the recovery time is short, then sure, go ahead and have the surgery. Nothing to lose, and hopefully it fixes the pain. But we just don't know.

Everyone knew he hurt his wrist, and everyone knew he was initially going to have surgery and that he continued to play through pain all year. The idea that you were somehow right and we were all wrong simply because he is going ahead with the surgery after the season is laughable. It's not as though you saw something in his game that indicated he had some kind of wrist injury, concluded he would need surgery, and then nailed it. You just saw he was struggling, knew he had a wrist injury that would need surgery to have any chance of fixing, and said, 'HE NEEDS SURGERY RIGHT NOW!!!'

Congrats.

Smoot two days ago you were more than fine with Spoon retiring before having surgery. How about you do some self reflection on that fact before you post more Wall of Texts trying to throw shade on me. My point has been made. Let this thread die here on and I'll do the same.

Doggie_Style
03-06-2017, 09:00 PM

I doubt 7 months is enugh to fully recover when a tendon is involved, more like 1 year. That doesn't mean he can't ply but it does mean he won't be 100%. He should have gone ahead and done it at the begining....it was a mistake to wait, period.

smootness
03-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Smoot two days ago you were more than fine with Spoon retiring before having surgery. How about you do some self reflection on that fact before you post more Wall of Texts trying to throw shade on me. My point has been made. Let this thread die here on and I'll do the same.

I have no idea whether the surgery will work or not. I'm fine with him playing through it if he can deal with the pain, as I don't think it affects his game. He apparently wants to try to rid himself of the pain, which is obviously fine for him to do. The entire issue was whether or not the injury was affecting him and whether or not he had to have the surgery immediately. Neither of those questions has been answered.

Dawg61
03-07-2017, 02:34 PM
I have no idea whether the surgery will work or not. I'm fine with him playing through it if he can deal with the pain, as I don't think it affects his game. He apparently wants to try to rid himself of the pain, which is obviously fine for him to do. The entire issue was whether or not the injury was affecting him and whether or not he had to have the surgery immediately. Neither of those questions has been answered.

Spoon's injury absolutely affects his play because of the excruciating pain that comes with it meaning his body will instinctively and subconsciously protect itself from that pain making him hesitant by nature on the court and it only takes fractions of seconds to make all the difference in sports.

ScoobaDawg
03-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Spoon's injury absolutely affects his play because of the excruciating pain that comes with it meaning his body will instinctively and subconsciously protect itself from that pain making him hesitant by nature on the court and it only takes fractions of seconds to make all the difference in sports.

Unless you have personally talked to Q or our athletic trainers you have no freaking clue and really just need to stop.

MarketingBully
03-07-2017, 02:53 PM
I doubt 7 months is enugh to fully recover when a tendon is involved, more like 1 year. That doesn't mean he can't ply but it does mean he won't be 100%. He should have gone ahead and done it at the begining....it was a mistake to wait, period.

Nope. Wrong. It wasn't a tendon injury. It was a torn ligament. From what I have read, it would take 3-4 months recovery time at the most. I don't understand where this 1 year + recovery time bullshit fans are coming up with. Q will get the surgery from the best in the business. He will be fully recovered before the season next year and he made Second team All SEC this year. He made the right decision.

Dawg61
03-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Unless you have personally talked to Q or our athletic trainers you have no freaking clue and really just need to stop.

Why would I have no clue exactly? His ligament was torn completely correct? It's a pain tolerance issue correct? That's all I need to know for my previous post to be completely accurate. Some of y'all let your thoughts about me as a poster cloud your judgement on this issue. It's hilarious.

thf24
03-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Q made second team All-SEC. Pretty good for a guy who was awful because he didn't sit out the season to have surgery like he should have.*

Dawg61
03-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Q made second team All-SEC. Pretty good for a guy who was awful because he didn't sit out the season to have surgery like he should have.*

Who said he was awful? Personally I'd rather he get a medical redshirt than 2nd team SEC in a year we go 6-12 in the SEC.

smootness
03-07-2017, 03:51 PM

You forgot the 'I'm guessing' at the beginning.

smootness
03-07-2017, 03:57 PM
And I promise you, I am not and have never disagreed with you simply because you're Dawg61. I don't look for the poster before I read a post and decide to comment on it. As I've said before, we just have differing takes on things. I can't stand when fans make a boatload of assumptions and then start criticizing coaches/players based on those assumptions, and I respond to that kind of post quite often. You just seem to do it a lot.

In this case, I disagreed that it was primarily his wrist affecting his play, and I still disagree with that. The fact that he is getting surgery after the season does nothing to make me rethink that. This does not in any way, shape, or form prove you were correct. Again, every single poster on this board knew his wrist was injured and that he was a candidate for surgery. It was stated publicly in the media. The fact that he and Howland both decided it was best to wait until the season actually proves you more wrong than right, but keep ahead with whatever you're trying to do here.

thf24
03-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Who said he was awful? Personally I'd rather he get a medical redshirt than 2nd team SEC in a year we go 6-12 in the SEC.

I'm pretty sure you said he was something to the effect of awful at some point during conference play, but I have better things to do than go back and look so I won't press it.

A medical redshirt would have been pointless because he won't be here more than four years. Even if he's not NBA material when the time comes, he'll go overseas and start making money over spending a 5th year in college. Playing through the pain and gaining experience this season then sitting out summer practice while he recovers was the correct course of action. There's no other rational argument.

Dawg61
03-07-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty sure you said he was something to the effect of awful at some point during conference play, but I have better things to do than go back and look so I won't press it.

A medical redshirt would have been pointless because he won't be here more than four years. Even if he's not NBA material when the time comes, he'll go overseas and start making money over spending a 5th year in college. Playing through the pain and gaining experience this season then sitting out summer practice while he recovers was the correct course of action. There's no other rational argument.

That's fine. Really my point has been the same for 3 months now and that's that Spoon needs surgery now instead of when he retires. I stood alone in that and didn't back off it after getting lots of negativity from other posters. Spoon is having surgery now so don't everyone rush at once to say they were wrong for firing shit my way. ****ing dickheads then and ****ing dickheads now. Whatever

Gutter Cobreh
03-07-2017, 04:29 PM
That's fine. Really my point has been the same for 3 months now and that's that Spoon needs surgery now instead of when he retires. I stood alone in that and didn't back off it after getting lots of negativity from other posters. Spoon is having surgery now so don't everyone rush at once to say they were wrong for firing shit my way. ****ing dickheads then and ****ing dickheads now. Whatever

What? Your point was to have the surgery now versus when he retires?

If you put half as much thought into what you post versus making derogatory comments at others, you may actually make sense from time to time.

Dawg61
03-07-2017, 04:40 PM
What? Your point was to have the surgery now versus when he retires?

If you put half as much thought into what you post versus making derogatory comments at others, you may actually make sense from time to time.

That's always been my point. I wouldn't use derogatory comments if they hadn't been used by others first directed at me and if those same people could admit when they were wrong. Why am I bothering with you though you still don't get my point about Howland and how he babies his freshman and won't stand up to the refs to protect his players.

Ari Gold
03-07-2017, 05:31 PM
That's always been my point. I wouldn't use derogatory comments if they hadn't been used by others first directed at me and if those same people could admit when they were wrong. Why am I bothering with you though you still don't get my point about Howland and how he babies his freshman and won't stand up to the refs to protect his players.

Well from someone who has sat and sits courside during some home games, you saying CBH babies his players and won't stand up to refs is 100% incorrect.
Just because he doesn't go Frank Martin or Bob Knight doesn't mean he doesn't get his point across to his players and refs.

Props to you on the Q surgery.. beat your chest. You were on it from day 1.

Going forward with hoops everyone sit back and enjoy the years to come.. they are going to be good

Dawg61
03-07-2017, 08:53 PM
You forgot the 'I'm guessing' at the beginning.

It isn't a guess dude. If you think your body doesn't have natural instincts to protect itself from pain you've lost the reservation and entered RetardedVille.