PDA

View Full Version : SEC Title Game today for the Dogs...NBD.

Lance Harbor
03-05-2017, 11:21 AM
I'll be there. Anyone else?

confucius say
03-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Dad and nephew are there. I'll be watching.

Quaoarsking
03-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Should secure a #1 seed if we win.

mstatefan91
03-05-2017, 12:42 PM
A win over #5 would look mighty fine on our resume. Plus, the tournament title would be nice too :p

dickiedawg
03-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Charlie Creme (ESPN bracket guru) suggested if SC didn't win and Oregon state did, that OSU would likely claim the 4th No. 1.
That was before we made the final so it's possible we'd take the spot. He later tweeted we had a shot if we won the tournament. Cheer for Stanford. My supposition is that we're likely bound for Stockton as a 1 or 2 either way if we win, so it's really just a number.

ETA: He just tweeted that OSU is a lock with a win and USC loss.

That #%^**% Tennessee loss is going to haunt me for a long time. Even if we win the SECT and make the final 4, there's going to be a blank spot where SEC Champions should have been. Also Makayla Epps is in my top 10 most hated opposing athletes ever.

Quaoarsking
03-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Based on resume and what Charlie Creme has said, I see the 1-seeds falling this way:

Connecticut - 1-seed no matter what
Notre Dame - 1-seed no matter what
Oregon State - 1-seed if they win the Pac-12 Tournament today, otherwise definitely not
South Carolina - definitely a 1-seed if they win today, up in the air if they lose
Mississippi State - probably a 1-seed if we win today, otherwise definitely not
Baylor - 1-seed if they win the Big 12 Tournament, otherwise definitely not

We need Oregon State and Baylor to lose, but a win today should make us better than 50-50

msbulldog
03-05-2017, 01:14 PM
My brother and his wife are representing our family.

lamont
03-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Should secure a #1 seed if we win.

Honestly- we would be better off being a #2 seed. I think if we win- we end up being the 4th 1-seed and that matches up with UConn in the FF. Better off being one of the top three 2-seeds

BeardoMSU
03-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Honestly- we would be better off being a #2 seed. I think if we win- we end up being the 4th 1-seed and that matches up with UConn in the FF. Better off being one of the top three 2-seeds

I guess that would ensure we'd be on the other side of their bracket?

msbulldog
03-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Random your right, if #2 seed places us on the other side of the bracket from UCONN we're better off.

Quaoarsking
03-05-2017, 03:09 PM

There's no guarantee of either of those things. A win today and there's a decent chance we're the #3 overall seed. A loss could drop us to #8. Also, there don't match up the 5-6-7-8 with the 4-3-2-1 as formally as they do with the top 4 anyway.

Not to mention that making us a #1 seed gives us an easier game in the first 3 rounds. I highly doubt we'd lose to a 4-seed in the Sweet 16, but we could plausibly fall to a good 3-seed like Maryland, Florida State, etc.