PDA

View Full Version : Suspension vs Show Cause

confucius say
03-05-2017, 11:12 AM
The talking heads, including local guys and Dennis Dodd in his article that is the subject of the other thread, are saying the question is whether freeze will get suspended under the head-coach-responsibility rule (allegation 8 in the new NOA). I have not seen any mentions of a show cause. Is a show cause a real possibility? If so, is there any guidance in the matrix as to the likelihood of one?

msstate7
03-05-2017, 11:19 AM
If ucla's assistant got a 2-year show cause for 1 level 2 and freeze gets a suspension for 2 level 1s, the system is screwed up

msstate7
03-05-2017, 11:21 AM
If I could choose though, hit em with a sledge hammer on scholarships and at least a 2-year bowl ban... freeze will be fired for getting those big chompers kicked in on the field

StatesboroBlues
03-05-2017, 11:22 AM
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/matrix.pdf?

The LOIC charge would have to be a level 1 aggregated...that is 5-10 years, a loss of all duties as a coach. . Add in the other level 1...if standard it is a 2-5 that could limit his coaching/recruiting duties to whatever the COI decides.

Corn Bread
03-05-2017, 11:23 AM
The talking heads, including local guys and Dennis Dodd in his article that is the subject of the other thread, are saying the question is whether freeze will get suspended under the head-coach-responsibility rule (allegation 8 in the new NOA). I have not seen any mentions of a show cause. Is a show cause a real possibility? If so, is there any guidance in the matrix as to the likelihood of one?

I suspect show cause for several reasons. One, Freeze and a booster in a recruits home at the same time. Two, this also supposbaly accured in his office with him leaving a booster walks in and makes the package deal. Three, there are far worse allegations that were not mentioned in the You Tube ISIS Hoatage
Video.

lamont
03-05-2017, 11:28 AM
I dont see any way he doesnt get a SC

The Rebs are pushing the suspension narrative because that is what Pitino and Boeheim got. Difference is Freeze isnt a Boeheim or Pitino, nor were they named in their investigations. Freeze is named multiple times and is a repeat offender from 2006

Leeshouldveflanked
03-05-2017, 12:13 PM
5 Year Show Cause....3 Year Bowl Ban.... 30-45 schollys.... Vacate all wins 2010-2016... 5 Year Probation....Payback all bowl revenue since 2010....

WSOPdawg
03-05-2017, 12:40 PM
5 Year Show Cause....3 Year Bowl Ban.... 30-45 schollys.... Vacate all wins 2010-2016... 5 Year Probation....Payback all bowl revenue since 2010....

Now this would be interesting. Has paying back bowl revenue been used before? Would it have to be paid back to the SEC? This could be a big amount if it goes back to 2010 (I like it!!!).

Dawgowar
03-05-2017, 01:37 PM
I dont see any way he doesnt get a SC

The Rebs are pushing the suspension narrative because that is what Pitino and Boeheim got. Difference is Freeze isnt a Boeheim or Pitino, nor were they named in their investigations. Freeze is named multiple times and is a repeat offender from 2006

Just go to the COI site and review the cases from the past two years where coaches doing far less got hefty SC's. Small schools, bigger schools, revenue sports, small sports - does not matter.

msbulldog
03-05-2017, 01:41 PM
The big hit will be the SEC withholding football revenue for the length of their probation. They get 50% back at the end of their probation, but that is a helluva cash flow hit yearly.

preachermatt83
03-05-2017, 02:08 PM
which players actually played for them that are part of the noa?

Mimi's Babies
03-05-2017, 04:15 PM
which players actually played for them that are part of the noa?

Check your inbox.....

Corn Bread
03-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Check you inbox.....

Mimi, you might need security detail.

Mimi's Babies
03-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Mimi, you might need security detail.

I may.... but I carry... and you know I DO NOT PLAY...... haha
I want to see the NOA...... cannot wait.....

IF what I am looking for is NOT there.... then YES, I will need a security detail for sure...

LockeDawg
03-06-2017, 11:02 AM
I suspect show cause for several reasons. One, Freeze and a booster in a recruits home at the same time. Two, this also supposbaly accured in his office with him leaving a booster walks in and makes the package deal. Three, there are far worse allegations that were not mentioned in the You Tube ISIS Hoatage
Video.I can't wait to see the 2nd NOA, if there's far worse allegations than mentioned to the public then it's Chernobyl for Oxford.

DancingRabbit
03-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Can someone help me out locating the video or transcript where Hugh says that he himself knows everything and controls everything about OM recruiting?

Pretty sure it was last May from the SEC meetings in Destin, but I've had no luck tracking it down.

msudawg1200
03-06-2017, 11:41 AM
If I could choose though, hit em with a sledge hammer on scholarships and at least a 2-year bowl ban... freeze will be fired for getting those big chompers kicked in on the field

This is what I hope happens. Make his bucktoothed butt coach and get his butt whipped. That should be his punishment for cheating.

TrapGame
03-06-2017, 11:58 AM

If this comes to fruition I want it on a t-shirt.

Mjoelner34
03-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Can someone help me out locating the video or transcript where Hugh says that he himself knows everything and controls everything about OM recruiting?

Pretty sure it was last May from the SEC meetings in Destin, but I've had no luck tracking it down.

This one? http://gridironnow.com/hugh-freezes-recruiting-ability-has-changed-ole-miss/

eta: "I have to set the tone. My assistants follow. And we all follow the plan I created for recruiting. We do not deviate."

DancingRabbit
03-06-2017, 01:27 PM
This one? http://gridironnow.com/hugh-freezes-recruiting-ability-has-changed-ole-miss/

eta: "I have to set the tone. My assistants follow. And we all follow the plan I created for recruiting. We do not deviate."

Yes! Thank you. It's been bugging the hell out of me that I couldn't locate that quote.

Maroon Wizardry
03-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Freeze will have a 10 year show cause... See Donnie Tyndall

Mimi's Babies
03-06-2017, 04:53 PM
I can't wait to see the 2nd NOA, if there's far worse allegations than mentioned to the public then it's Chernobyl for Oxford.

There is a "CHERNOBYL" for Oxford..... I promise.....

Mimi's Babies
03-06-2017, 05:03 PM

???? Could this be what you are looking for? http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sec-spring-meetings-kick-off-20160531-story.html

Paragraph 4.... http://www.thelocalvoice.net/oxford/freeze-comments-on-media-narratives-of-ncaa-allegations-at-sec-spring-meeting-in-destin/

“To me, there is a difference in making a mistake and a willful intent to circumvent rules to try and gain an advantage. We’ve owned these mistakes for each of these and taken action with self-imposed penalties that have been punitive. From sitting kids out who have chose to cross permissible boundaries to disassociating boosters with financial penalties to limits on the last two signing classes to scholarship reductions, reduced days for recruiting, reduced official visits, coaches’ education, pulling coaches off the road and most recently no unofficial visits for a four-week period during spring practice.

“I stand here today owning the mistakes, but that is what they are, not some staff out trying to buy players. Their mistakes, in my opinion, did not rise to the level of termination. There’s not a single charge in our letter that charges a coach with out buying players.

“While I have struggles in life that I don’t always get right, breaking rules in recruiting is not one of them…My name and the name of Him that I represent and our university mean more to me than I can express. And it is my hope that we be known for who we truly are and these mistakes will not happen again. Although it’s been a very difficult process, a long one, I assure you it will make us better in the long run as we continue our journey at Ole Miss.” (http://www.thelocalvoice.net/oxford/freeze-comments-on-media-narratives-of-ncaa-allegations-at-sec-spring-meeting-in-destin/)

Jack Lambert
03-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Freeze is a high school coach. He will not win unless he has really high talent to make up for his coaching. He isn't getting that talent for a while. I hope he stays.